Effects of Tea and Coffee

Effects Tea Coffee - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 4th May, 2006 - 11:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: I am addicted to either Tea or Coffee or both...
  Yes, I must have it       0.00%
  No, I do not drink it       50.00%
  I drink it only occasionally       50.00%
Total Votes: 2
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
7th Sep, 2003 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

I found this very interesting information about the harmful effects that tea and coffee produce in our bodies.

international QUOTE
"While a cup of coffee apparently stimulates your senses, a regular in take of caffeine can leave you a complete wreck.
This is because coffee simply stimulates the central nervous system, increases he stress hormones in the blood streams, thus making a person feel unnaturally alert. Consequently induced alert state tends to subdue your body's natural instincts and prevent it from relaxing. This causes undue stress and leads to various kinds of disorders.

Daily caffeine intake induces a 24 hour cyclic disturbance in your body. While the morning cup of coffee or tea perks up your mood most people can't stop at that.

Irritability, fatigue and gloom along with an uncomfortable sensation are the  usual symptom. What is worse is that finally when you try to sleep away  your blues at night, you just can't. That's no the end. The next morning you get up tired, thirsting for a steaming  cuppa  to settle your mood.

Thus begins a coffeeholic's journey. At the end of which, apart from developing dark circles under the eyes, you also acquire acidity problems, irregular palpitations and more. So next time you take a sip remember  you are sipping a host of health problems too.

Source: Source 2i

Great info with quizzes to determine whether a person is a caffeine addictive or not. Some people do not see the seriousness of the use of caffeine but the consequences are fatal in some cases. I heard the story of this woman who lived in Texas who once was attacked by somebody who seems like a drug addict, then she found out that the guy was in fact a caffeine addictive and she could not believe the effects that this was causing to him. The guy used to take caffeine pills (Yes, the ones that truck drivers take often) and he also took large amounts of coffee and tea every day.
I know some people may think 'what's wrong with one cup of coffee or tea a day?' to them I answer: 'What's wrong with smoking marijuana once a day only then?'. You may not see the effects right now but definitely you will see it in the future.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2003 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Coffee Tea Effects

Wow, thanks for that insightful info, LDS. smile.gif I am sure many have no idea about the long term effects of coffee and tea and what it does to their bodies. I know of one person in particular who really needs to see this thread.

7th Sep, 2003 - 9:11pm / Post ID: #

Effects of Tea and Coffee Health & Special Psychology

One thing I know about tea... I cannot remember the name of the ingredient, but most leather workers use that same ingredient in tea in order to melt the fat away from the hyde (raw skin of cows) and dry it to be used as leather (yuk). Imagine drinking that.

10th Oct, 2003 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Coffee Tea Effects

Oh no, I hate to say it, but I drink loads of coffee... I answered "yes" to 10 of the questions on that site you sent LDS...and I'm only 21.

I always knew it wasn't good for me....but I have a problem with too many cold drinks...so I kinda lean towards coffee. Ive also realized lately, that I'm having a craving for Coke and Pepsi when I want something cold.

Furthermore, I read that caffeine acts as a weight-loss inhibitor. Now that CANT be good!

10th Oct, 2003 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

Coffee Tea Effects

Oh girl, you need to take care of yourself wink.gif those things are not good for you. Water is the best drink you can ever think of or real fruit juices...coffee and coke and pepsi poison your body.

2nd Jan, 2004 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

international QUOTE
I cannot remember the name of the ingredient

I think you mean "Tannic acid" -- hence the term "Tanning the hides"

And I am so glad I don't drink any of that stuff any more smile.gif

Roz.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th May, 2006 - 8:19am / Post ID: #

Effects Tea Coffee

I haven't drunk tea or coffee for years, but both my Mum and my Husband drink gallons of tea a day!

My Mum especially, suffers with severe headaches if she can't get her cup of tea, that can't be good for you can it?

At least I don't have to spend my day 'brewing' up for people laugh.gif

It is amazing to hear other people moaning that they can't start work until they have had their 'brew' or caffeine intake! Personally, I don't even like the smell of tea, so I don't think I'm missing much there!

Post Date: 4th May, 2006 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Effects Tea Coffee Psychology Special & Health

My wife and I drink lots of tea. We drink Green Tea which is naturally decaffeinated and has lots of anti-oxidants in it. Green Tea also is a natural fat burner. Orange Pekoe Tea, which is what most people drink, has none of these values, but you can get it decaffeinated. I'm lucky, I don't really drink that much coffee. I usually stick to water and drink tea only occassionally.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Effects of Tea and Coffee

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,