Start With 1st Level Or High Level RPG Character

Start 1st Level High Level Rpg Character - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 9th Dec, 2016 - 3:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 
28th Oct, 2016 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

What's your preference when joining in a game for the first timeā€¦ start out with a 1st level character and work your way up or with a higher level character to give you a better chance of success?

Sponsored Links:
28th Oct, 2016 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

Character RPG Level High Level st Start

I myself prefer to start at low level. It allows me to start building a personality for the character and make friends with the other characters in the game.

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2016 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Start With 1st Level Or High Level RPG Character Reviews RPG & Card Board

I prefer starting at around 3rd or 4th level. There is a lot of randomness in this game. One lucky blow can pretty much take out a level one character, especially squishy ones.

28th Oct, 2016 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

What about level 0 like in ROK. That makes it really tough although not many get the chance to have a big gold advance or someone watching over you. I rather start from the beginning, that way when I get to higher levels I feel like I've really accomplished something.

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2016 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Depends on the tone and content of the game. It also depends on whether this is a brand new character, or one I've played before.

For instance, I have a Wizard who goes by the name of Elymas. He's been in 3.5E, Pathfinder and 5E. His personality and specialties get tweaked every so often (Especially when translating between game platforms), but his story, outlook, and experiences are well set by this point. Aside from building new relationships with new companions, I don't feel the need to reestablish him from the ground up with every new campaign. So these days he's mostly reserved for campaigns that start at mid to high levels.

But to perhaps more directly address the question. I generally prefer anywhere between 3 and 12. Too low and the odds of surviving until interesting options come online plummet, too high and the journey is pretty much done.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 28th Oct, 2016 - 5:05pm

1st Nov, 2016 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

I really tend to prefer starting at 1st level. I enjoy working my way up and developing my character while the threat of character death looms. But like Daishain said it depends on the tone and content of the game. I was a big fan of the Birthright Campaign setting when it came out but I felt like games in which a character is a leader of a kingdom or even a small political entity needs to start out at a higher level.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Nov, 2016 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Start 1st Level High Level RPG Character

I enjoy starting out as a 1st level character. Watching them grow in a unique character because of the adventures and people they meet. I have had some characters go a complete different direction than I was hoping but still fun to play. Trying to figure out the past to get a character to a mid level is not easy and then not as fun to play in my opinion.

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2016 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Start 1st Level High Level RPG Character Board Card & RPG Reviews

I prefer starting at 4th level, it gives you time to build upon your characters story in game, but also allows you to do more with your backstory, as you're already a capable combatant in game, and your story can reflect that. Its also hard as you can easily die at first level without doing much wrong.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Start With 1st Level Or High Level RPG Character

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,