Chicago Cubs

Chicago Cubs - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 17th Sep, 2008 - 7:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
The Cubs are one of those teams that have been 'cursed' as they like to put it, because of their lack of World Series titles in recent history.
20th Apr, 2006 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

Chicago Cubs

My wife is a die-hard Chicago Cubs fan having grown up in Illinois. We go back to Chicago at least once a year and usually will attend a Cubs game at Wrigley Field. I have to admit that Wrigley Field is one of those parks that really makes you understand what baseball is all about. I'm not sure if its the ivy-laced outfield or the wind blowing in from the lake, but once you're there, you can feel baseball in the air.
The Cubs are one of those teams that have been 'cursed' as they like to put it, because of their lack of World Series titles in recent history. In fact, the last World Series title was back in 1908. The Cubs have had many great players come through the organization such as Ernie Banks, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace and Sammy Sosa.
Currently, they are 9-5 and second in the NL Central division. They at one time boasted a very dominant starting 5 rotation of Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, Greg Maddux, Carlos Zambrano and Matt Clement. Clement has since gone to Boston, and due to injuries, Wood and Prior have missed many starts in the last 2 years. Zambrano is struggling at the moment (hasn't had a win yet this year) so the team has had to rely on batting for the moment, and so far it has worked out.
Derek Lee is off to a hot start with a .318 average and 10 RBI's while other supporting teammates have also stepped up like Michael Barrett and Aramis Ramirez. Once the pitching staff is back to full potential, the Cubs should be a threat in the NL Central, and the NL in general.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2006 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

Chicago Cubs
A Friend

Cubs Chicago

I always love all the humor that goes along with being a cubs fan. Cubs fans are so die hard that they will defend their team to the death no matter how bad they are. And when it comes to Series play, wow, don't cross them! They will blame one person for an entire seasons folly forever!

29th Apr, 2006 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #

Chicago Cubs Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Maddux out to 5-0 start after leading Cubs over Brewers

Twice facing bases-loaded jams, Maddux escaped the big inning Friday to win his fifth straight start as the Chicago Cubs beat the Milwaukee Brewers 6-2. He's 5-0 for the first time in a long and distinguished career that will some day end in Cooperstown.

https://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/r...0060428_MIL@CHC

As an avid Braves fan I was sad to see Maddux leave, mainly because I wanted him to get his 300th win as a Brave and also retire as a Brave. Regardless, I am glad that he has had such a good start, and is still accomplishing great things at 40. One thing about Maddux is he has always been quiet, and goes about his job silently. That was one of the main things I liked about him.

Post Date: 29th May, 2006 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Cubs Chicago

Wood leads Cubs to 7-3 win over Reds

CHICAGO - Kerry Wood pitched six solid innings and hit a key RBI single to get his first win since July 15, leading the Chicago Cubs past the Cincinnati Reds 7-3 Monday.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060529/ap_on_...u/bbn_reds_cubs

5th Jun, 2006 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #

Cubs Chicago

Woods' stellar start was short-lived as he was decimated on his next two starts. He hasn't pitched another game since and will re-debut this Tuesday against the Astros, in Houston. The Cubs are really desperate to have a healthy Kerry Wood back in the rotation, as their pitching has really gone down the drain. Maddux, who started 5-0 is now 6-5. Zambrano is a poor 3-3. Prior has not pitched in the regular season yet. Rusch looked great the other day against St. Louis, but his consistency is lacking. The Cubs bats have been silent except for when they get fired up for arch-rival St. Louis. They are now second to last in the division. If they don't turn things around quickly, the season will be over.

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2008 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Chicago Cubs

No Hitter

MILWAUKEE -- Chicago Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano has pitched no-hitter against the Houston Astros.
Ref. USAToday

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Sep, 2008 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Chicago Cubs
A Friend

Chicago Cubs

While it will be nice to see them get the pendant I still hold doubt about them reaching and winning the series. It would be nice to see them win the whole thing though.

17th Sep, 2008 - 7:03am / Post ID: #

Chicago Cubs Movies Music Fashion & Sports

I am originally from St. Louis and a longtime Cards fan. That would be really hard for me to say! Steve Bartman buying any playoff tickets?laugh.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Chicago Cubs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,