Donald Trump & Immigration - Page 4 of 25

The White House says the Justice Department - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th Feb, 2017 - 3:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (25) »
Top  Donald Trump & Immigration
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Donald Trump & Immigration
A Friend

Donald Trump & Immigration - Page 4

Odessa,

I agree with you. The issue is our government is a huge bureaucracy and it takes time for the message to get from the top to the bottom. Yeah, that's a pretty poor excuse, but this administration considers this a national security issue so they issued it quickly I assume with the understanding some people would be inconvenienced.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Immigration and Trump Donald

Reports: More than 100,000 visas revoked due to Trump's travel ban

The government revoked more than 100,000 visas in the week since President Trump suspended travel arrivals for citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries, CNN and The Washington Post reported. The revelation came Friday in a case before the U.S. District Court in Virginia involving two Yemeni brothers denied entry when they arrived at Virginia's Dulles International Airport following Trump's Jan. 27 order. The executive action barred travelers from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. Attorneys general from several states, including Massachusetts, Washington and New York, have challenged the order. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Donald Trump & Immigration History & Civil Business Politics

I read that because of the order the Department of State issued immediately after President Trump's EO, the rulings that have been coming from many of these judges are meaningless. They are meaningless because they talk about people with valid visas, and State voided those visas, making them invalid. This, of course, only makes those on the left of the political spectrum even more upset. I expect to hear a lot of howling on the news tonight.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Immigration and Trump Donald

I understand what President Trump is doing. He could certainly do it with less impact on these poor people though. I can't imagine the chaos in these people's lives right now. I just hope that all of these inconveniences actually make us safer.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Immigration and Trump Donald

Not likely to make us safer, posing as refugees is a very poor means for a prospective terrorist to infiltrate this country. Far too much scrutiny, far too low of a chance to get anywhere near a suitable target other than the refugee center itself.

A similar story is true when it comes to other legal means of entry. Our immigration process was designed and vetted for decades to catch soviet spies, and is pretty decent at watching for such things.

And then there's the unavoidable fact that the vast majority of deadly terrorist attacks carried out on US soil are committed by people born here, usually white Christian extremists.

In the meantime, this is causing a great deal of strife and hostility between us and effected peoples and nations, perfect fodder for jihadists to drum up sympathy and recruits. I expect measures like this to overall make us considerably less safe than before.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

In the first court victory for the Trump administration, a federal judge in Boston has declined to renew a temporary restraining against the administration's travel ban.

The order prohibiting the detention or removal of all individuals legally authorized to come to the United States pertains only to Massachusetts. It was put in place on Sunday and is set to expire on February 5 Ref. CNN.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Feb, 2017 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

Donald Trump & Immigration - Page 4

The judiciary can't seem to make up their mind about this as U.S. District Judge James Robart of Seattle just order a nationwide restraining order blocking the travel ban. Is that even possible for one judge to do that? They are looking for this to go to the supreme court for sure.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2017 - 3:52am / Post ID: #

Donald Trump & Immigration Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

The White House says the Justice Department will file an emergency request to stop a court order temporarily halting President Donald Trump's executive order on immigration.

"At the earliest possible time, the Department of Justice intends to file an emergency stay of this outrageous order and defend the executive order of the President, which we believe is lawful and appropriate. The president's order is intended to protect the homeland and he has the constitutional authority and responsibility to protect the American people," White House press secretary Sean Spicer said in a statement.

Later, the White House issued the same statement without the word "Outrageous." Ref. CNN.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (25) »

> TOPIC: Donald Trump & Immigration

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,