Investing Properly In Character RPG Purchases

Investing Properly Character Rpg Purchases - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 17th Dec, 2016 - 4:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 
11th Dec, 2016 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

You just got some gold, how do you spend it in creating your new character? Do you emphasize armor at the sake of other items or just make sure you are generally well rounded?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2016 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Purchases RPG Character Properly Investing

I tend to focus on improving direct capability first if I can, then shoring up defense, then finally working on other faults.

With that first priority in mind, I'd first see what I can do in regards to better weapons, items that improve spellcasting, bonuses to primary stats, etc. Depending on what actions make that particular character valuable.

12th Dec, 2016 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Investing Properly In Character RPG Purchases Reviews RPG & Card Board

It really depends on the kind of character I'm playing. If fighter based then I load up on weapons and armor. If Thief then thieves' tools is usually the priority because it takes up so much gold!

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2016 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

As mentioned above it depends upon the character. I make sure to buy the tools of the trade such as thieve's tools first. Then I decide what weapon or weapons I'm going with and buy them. I buy the minimum of basic supplies I need. I then go and buy the best armor I can afford with the remainder of the gold. I don't spend a lot on armor and buy it first. It can be frustrating to have great armor but have subpar weapons or be lacking basic supplies. The well rounded approach is best in my opinion.

16th Dec, 2016 - 11:54am / Post ID: #

Its annoying to see a player buy a whole bunch of equipment but not take a tent, blanket, food, water, stuff for hygiene, etc. I factor those into the game and it hurts when the character does not have it.

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2016 - 11:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Don't most games have such supplies as part of the basic equipment package?

If not, then yes, basic survival tools suitable to the game are high priority items, even if the RAW mechanical benefits are slim.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Dec, 2016 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

Investing Properly Character RPG Purchases

Of course, there are kits but sometimes they do not even get those unless I or other game masters make it an automatic process. I personally do not make it automatic, I like to tease if they forget. I do not remind them either and then they are surprised when I check for it.

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2016 - 4:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Investing Properly Character RPG Purchases Board Card & RPG Reviews

I like that. If they don't buy the proper equipment then they are in for a rude awakening. It's bad to need to camp with a rainstorm coming and players realize that they didn't buy tents. After that or something like that happens players are usually better in the future with buying needed equipment.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Investing Properly In Character RPG Purchases

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,