Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 15 of 1199

Lia looks thoughtful as she thinks of what - Page 15 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Jan, 2017 - 3:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

05th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 15

Lia listens to the dire news with a slight frown upon her face. She listens to the others speak." We have lost all chance for surprise. We are about to be hit from two different directions by a greater force than what we have. I'm no tactician but I think we should all dog in here and prepare for the onslaught. If we try to go out and flank then they have the numbers to stop the main group and take us out. As I said, I'm no expert. Just my thoughts. Let's look at Cahleth now. " She touches her medallion as she looks at Cahleth standing by Sar'ai. Lia calls upon Sune for healing for the ranger and gestures towards him.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Upon finding Cahleth, with a wound no less, Poljen is tempted to pursue the bandit, but realizes there is almost no chance of catching him. Instead he covers the ranger back to the caravan. He listens as Cahleth reports, and then Sar'ai needles the young man. The tall barbarian purses his lips, but then as usual tries to find the silver (!) lining. "It could be much worse. No doubt the scout's job is to get word to the main camp when he sees a tempting target. I am sure he would never attack anything other than a single person on his own. Unlike most of their prey, we at least have the benefit of knowing they are coming. Sar'ai, you say Elanna sees another camp to the south side of the road as well? Perhaps she can see if that camp is also aware of us. Or if the north camp is sending them word. They might also have a scout on the south side of the road. If so, maybe we can find him or her and stop them before they alert the south camp. I would hope the north camp will have to leave some troops guarding their prisoners, which will gives us a better chance. Regardless, Cahleth, good work in finding the trouble. That is what scouts do!" As for actual tactics, he says, "Well, our enemy knows these woods, and we do not. With our wagons we will need to fight them in the woods, or they will simply use bows to weaken us before moving in. I think we should have some of us in the trees shadowing the caravan, or even a little forward. They do now know the size of our group! When the fighting starts, well, no plan survives for long, so at that point we wing it." He nods and grins a little, then adds softly, "My thoughts, at any rate. What do you all say?"

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Elanna and her black feathered counterpart return from their second run with a quick update before winging back out. The Northern camp is mobilizing, in which direction is not yet clear. The Southern camp remains as it was before. There is a single figure lying on the ground on the south side of the trail, either unconscious or dead. The position is roughly opposite where Cahleth had his brief encounter.

EDIT: Lia's casting of Healing Word works just fine, and Cahleth's wound closes completely. Kyr, it doesn't make a difference this time, but you bumped the benefit of healing word up a little much, should be 1d4+3 in your case (Modifier equals casting mod). EDIT2: sorry, forgot, Life Cleric, you were right.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 10th Jan, 2017 - 10:59pm

10th Jan, 2017 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 15 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Elyria nods, still bit upset but understanding where they're coming from as she says, "Okay, I just want a chance to prove myself." She was both nervous and excited with the idea that she may need to fight anyway despite her brother's wish for her to stay out of combat.

Geoffroy considers the wood elf's suggestion that he stayed with his sister, because of the bulk of his armour, while Kia runs ahead and he says, "That is fine, though if I was on my horse I may have well already been there. Go on ahead."

Yet it appeared that she wouldn't have a chance, given how the fighting was over and scout had escaped.

Still, there was work that could be done and with half drow's words, it was Lia who answered the question first. Geoffrey nods, allowing the wood elf to try her hand at healing Cahleth's wounds. If she filled, the morninglord would try himself saying, "If that doesn't work, I'll give it a try."

On what to do, the cleric would offer this in way of his thoughts, "I consider that we wait just a bit longer. To see which direction the Northern camp move, and they come towards us we can prepare." Geoffroy did worry though, he had no idea if the encampments might be friend or foe. He hoped that they would not both seek to fight their caravan as many could lose their life.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 10th Jan, 2017 - 11:03pm

10th Jan, 2017 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Now that some manner of plan is beginning to take shape, Sar'ai, still at a loss as to what is going on with magic in this area, clasps her amethyst amulet and begins to cycle through her simpler spells; she tries to conjure another spectral hand, then she attempts to make one of the crates on the back of one of the wagons look like an ornately decorated chest with gold trimming and gems imbedded within the mahogany wood, and finally, out of range of anyone she puts forward one hand and tries to release a spray of noxious gas.

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2017 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Cratol nods and grunts at the news that we have been discovered. He will indicate he is heading forward on the south side. He is going to check on the other body the birds reported to make sure it is not going anyplace any time soon. HE will approach it with caution if no movement is seen he will poke it with his staff hard. Before checking to see if alive or not. IF alive he will make sure knocked out and drag him back to the caravan. If dead he will look around a bit before heading back to report.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Jan, 2017 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 15

Cratol finds the body of a young human man in rough garb. An arrow pierces his lung from the back. The kid choked to death on his own blood.

He manages to hear a slight noise, only a few seconds before Frel emerges from the brush, an arrow knocked and pointed right at him. A moment later, the man lowers his bow, "Oh, its you. Pretty boy there was watching the road for a camp of grubbers back that way, took care of another I spotted crossing the road a bit further down, not much else to see I think, I'm headed back."

True to his word, whether or not the monk accompanies him, Frel returns to the group and makes his report.

[Kntoran, If you're not in combat, just make one roll please, I've only been counting the first result.]

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 11th Jan, 2017 - 2:46am

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2017 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 15

Lia looks thoughtful as she thinks of what they can do. She glances around then begins speaking. " I have changed my mind. I think we should strike in force at the southern camp. We could send enough archers and magic users to take them by surprise and deal with them. That way we can deal with one camp at a time. The northern one is already mobilizing. We have a chance to surprise the other camp. That would give us a much better chance to survive this to me. Otherwise we let them have the initiative. Deal with the southern camp then we all turn on the northern camp. " Lia shrugs and becomes silent. She walks off a little to the side and begins praying to Sune. Lia has her bow at the ready.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.