Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 165 of 1199

A heavy ballista bolt punches through the - Page 165 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 9:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

26th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256262
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2017 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 165

In Character: Fay looks on in awe. "Tis awesome and awful to see a creature such as this. Is't possible this is but an illusion? Whatever it is we do, soon it must be or Sir Onthar shall be no more."

Out of Character: How far is the barn from where our characters are standing? Can Fay reach it with his crossbow?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 4:25am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia curses in frustration. " A trap! They were waiting for something like this. " She gathers her gear. " Cahleth, you and I, the ballistas and a few others are the only thing that can touch the dragon from here. Hopefully we can hit it hard enough to drive it away. I'm moving down closer to this ballista. " The elf steps quickly over to the ballista Fay is manning. " Ionneg, your ballista and a few of us are the only things that can hurt this beast from here. We hit that dragon hard enough and it will forget all about Onthar. What do you think about sending this dragon a proper welcome?" She grins.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 3rd Apr, 2017 - 12:14pm

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Cahleth nods at Lia, then dashes off to the best vantage point to fire his bow. He hopes to draw the beast toward him, and closer to the ballistas. As he runs, he shouts at all the civilians to take cover.

After he fires his shot, he yells at the beast and starts waving his hands above his head.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 165 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay listens to Lia and calmly takes aim with his ballista.He hears Cahleth shout at the others to take cover and hopes they don't panic, thinking, "Mayhaps twould have been better to let them loose more arrows ere we told them to seek cover. Too late for that. I will keep eyes on them to make sure they panic not." He wonders, "Why would the enemy keep such a powerful menace hidden?" Nevertheless, he lets loose with another bolt and instructs the other ballista to do the same.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen sees the dragon begin to turn slightly alter its course towards the barn, with the big red ball above it. "Sir Onthar and his men might not be able to see that marker right above them, so they might not know about the dragon coming for them until it lands, or even attacks. Grr… " He suddenly has an idea. He turns to the ballista team nearest. "I know that dragon will be a difficult target, but the barn is bigger and not moving. Fire at it NOW! They must be alerted." He fires his own bow at the dragon, the jumps onto the parapet, grabs a banner and starts swinging the pole with its long green banner back and forth. And to add the the signal, he begins blowing the whistle fiercely. He hopes that Onthar's people see and hear him, and get the idea the trouble is coming their way. And the ballista bolt should get their attention if nothing else. Staying in the barn is suicide. Getting out and scattering will at least give them a chance to get some of them back to the safety of the tunnel….

Attached Image Edited: PaulNelson on 3rd Apr, 2017 - 3:16pm

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Calling on Sune she feels her power rippling through her. She directs the power to Cahleth, Fay and keeps some for herself. Lia feels the world as an outside presence that doesn't affect her now. Everything looks more vivid to her. The dragon looks so easy to strike. She takes aim with her bow and feels strangely at peace. Lia targets the dragon and lets the arrow fly.

Specific Action: First round she casts bless on Cahleth, Fay and herself. The second round she looses a shot at the dragon.

Out of Character: : Fay and Cahleth, don't forget your plus D4's for the next 10 rounds.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 165

Back in the cavern, our tiefling bard has grown restless with playing for the citizens of Greenest and she voicelessly makes her way towards the Magic Door: she sends a mental request to Cratol as he's standing by the exit.

- I Beg Thee Say The Word Of Opening, This Bard Needeth Some Fresh Air.

Out of Character: : she is intent on going outside and use her invisibility spell to do a bit of reconnoitering, we can hope she stumbles into the dragon attack in time to see Onthar and his men go into the barn, in which case she would probably do her best to warn them.

There is a small problem to be resolved first, though: assuming she knows the word of command for the door, she will not (Or cannot) utter it alone. Point is, she needs Geoffroy or Cratol's help to get outside !

.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 165

A heavy ballista bolt punches through the barn wall. A man furtively exits the barn door and looks around. He spots Poljen and others trying to get his attention, and then the oncoming dragon, and ducks back inside, leaving the door cracked.

Unfortunately, somehow or another the winding cable for the ballista Fay is overseeing slips and jams while the men are trying to draw back for another round. They waste many precious seconds clearing it.

The enemy army begins chanting in unison as the dragon gets closer, there's more than a hint of awe in their voices. They seem to be repeating a single word or name. It is difficult to make out, but it sounds something like 'Lellithaw'.

The dragon flying towards town is a magnificent creature in its own terrifying way. Its blue and yellow scales gleam in the sunlight, and electricity visibly crackles around its mouth and horn. Source 9a

Ready for its arrival, the defenders on the walls fire at the oncoming brute, but unfortunately to little affect. Fay is still busy clearing his ballista, and the other manages to launch its bolt with a lateral spin. Remarkably, it still reaches the target, but it merely thwacks the creature's tail with the butt end.

Several fire bows as well, but the dragon's armor is thick, and most simply glance off. A second volley is fired, to much the same effect, though it appears one of the arrows struck home. Fay and those with him have managed to clear the jam, and fire, but while it impacts the dragon solidly, it too glances off rather than penetrating.

Then the dragon lands behind the barn, using it for cover. From the sound of things, it is rapidly ripping down the wall on the far side.

Thanks to your warning, Onthar's group seems to have been waiting for the right moment, as the barn door bangs open again, and men on horses canter out. The last few are caught in a stream of lightning from behind, but the rest divide into four groups and scatter in different directions. Whomever is tracking them seems to have it in for the senior paladin in particular, as the red sphere keeps shifting to sit above him.

The dragon launches into the air once more, and heads towards the marker.
_______________________________________

Cratol speaks the words, and the passage opens for Nyzahr. Once outside, she can hear massive wing beats and a few screams to the north. To the west from her position, she can clearly hear a large group of people chanting 'Lennithon'

Out of Character: a nat 1 for each ballista on their first shots… In any case, both are reloaded and ready to try again by the time the dragon gets in the air once more.


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.