Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 180 of 1199

Poljen nods at Tallis' idea. "A - Page 180 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Apr, 2017 - 3:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 180

Fay looks at Lia, "There were times I thought fate threw me a cruel trick sending thee to me only to take me life not but a day later. ''Tis passing good to be alive this day. I shall go see what trouble Poljen stirs."

On the way across the yard he orders the militia, "Take the head from the body. Cut it from here" he indicates with his hand. "Take two teeth out and give them to me as a remembrance of this day. Ye should all be justly proud of what ye did here. When head is off'd take it to the battlements. We shall hang it from yon tower and show the enemy without these stout walls what came of their hero."

Fay mounts the tower and stands next to Poljen. He listens to the man's speech to the enemy below. At its conclusion Fay claps Poljen on back, "There be a bit of minstrel in thee for certes. I shall consider it one of meh life's tasks to grow this fledgling talent into a mighty oak."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol (And Onwen?) exits the cavern once more, it is eerily quiet out here now. He doesn't see signs of anything in his way back to where the other bodies lie at present.

(Are you grabbing some hands to help this time? It would take several long trips otherwise).

Castellan Escobert approaches those of the Silver Blaze who are present. "I'd have never believed we could pull that off, I thought we were doomed. But this isn't over, we need to discuss our next move."

He asks that people join him back in the war room.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 12th Apr, 2017 - 10:50pm

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia slings her bow on her back again. She grins at Fay. " Sune would not be that cruel Ionneg. It is truly a wonderful day to be alive. " As he walks off she notices Targul stagger in and begin roaring at the slain drake. She walks over to him seeing how battered he is. She holds out her amulet and calls upon Sune to bring healing to the half-orc. The amulet glows brightly and the light begins to shimmer between Targul and the amulet. The amulet goes dark a moment before the light disappears. Targul feels immediate relief of his worst pains. She then walks to Cahleth and checks to see what can be done wth him. Responding to the castellan " I will be along shortly. I must see to some of the wounded. " She calls upon some of the militia to help carry Cahleth. Lia will make sure that his bow and rapier are not left behind. She will get him settled in comfortably in the fort before joining the others.

Specific Action: She used channel divinity on Targul. He gains 20 hitpoints.

Out of Character: : We might want to take a short rest soon if we can. I can heal everyone but I'm trying to keep as many spell slots available as possible.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 13th Apr, 2017 - 2:45am

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 180 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen nods to Escobert. "A costly victory for all of us. But an impressive one. Come, let us speak of our next plan." He gestures for the others to follow him, including the raging half-orc. "Cahleth, we will fill you in later. Rest easy, friend."

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol will gather a few men and have them pull the hand cart as he heads back towards where the other bodies were left. HE will lead them there being alert and watchful for the enemy. If they can get the bodies and get back as quickly as possible that is what he will do. IF he sees any of the enemy he will get everyone back to the cave.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Nyzahr finally emerges from the crumbling tower, now covered in dust she literally looks like a white ghost…

As everyone is cheering their victory she's been staring intently at the great corpse, appraising what she can learn from its different parts.

Out of Character: : doing Arcana and Insight checks to see which parts of the dragon can be used and/or sold as magical ingredients.

She'll then follow the castellan up to the war room along with the rest of the Blaze.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 3:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 180

The castellan lays out the situation as he knows it. At least three hundred civilians remain outside of the fort. Most of them have been captured, and the rest are caught in between the two steadily advancing looting parties. It looks like the enemy is resuming their previous activity, if with noticeably less enthusiasm than before.

The prisoners and wagons filled with stolen loot are being grouped in two separate locations. One such place is a large trade hall to the north of the marketplace, where Cyanwrath and other enemy leaders are coordinating things. The other is to the southwest, the crafting district, where a pair of warehouses have been commandeered to hold the captured people.

Tallis, among others, is wary of striking at the northern position, not least because there is at least one powerful mage there, who forced Onthar to retreat on his ill-fated attempt.

Instead, she suggests that the militia spends time applying light pressure there for a while, fire at any exposed individuals, make a few hit and run attacks, etc. With luck, they'll stop sending prisoners there, and send them to the southern position instead. She can organize most of that, those of the Silver Blaze would have a chance to rest in the meantime.

If it works, she suggests that they then strike at the southern group in force. Draw most of them off, and overwhelm the rest in order to free those prisoners.

She agrees that striking at Cyanwrath would be good, but doesn't see a sure path to success yet.

Cratol and the others make their way back easily enough. There's no sign of the enemy along the way, and retrieving the remaining bodies, along with their weapons, proves to be a simple, if somewhat unsettling, task.

Nyzahr seems to recall that nearly every part of the corpse before her has some practical use. Lightning resistant armor and shields can be crafted from a blue's hide and scales. Bones, claws, and teeth can be made into excellent weapons. The wing webbing can be tailored into clothing, cloaks, and mantles. There are even tales of ships being crafted from such parts with extraordinary abilities.

The blood can be distilled into potent elixirs that grant a portion of the dragon's power. Many of the internal organs, being steeped in magic, would serve well as material components for enchanting. The Draconis Fundamentum (The organ responsible for producing the dragon's breath), has many uses, potentially including the creation of a siege weapon that harnesses it for weaker outbursts of the function it had in life.

She also recalls word of dozens of remedies and spell rituals that require various organs, from the eyes to the intestines. There's even some stories about bathing in the blood to youthen oneself and cure ailments. However, she is not in a good position to recall which of these tales are fact or mere superstition. Asking a witch or a shaman would seem to be the surest route to find out, if one can be found that is willing to share such knowledge.

However, there are not many people who really know what to do with such rare materials. Which presents a problem in regards to much of the body, most of it won't last long enough to get it to someone who knows what they are doing. The hide can be preserved by a good tanner, and the scales, bones, teeth, and claws need no preservation, but the rest will start rotting soon enough.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 180

Poljen nods at Tallis' idea. "A bold plan, with just enough cunning and stealth to be flexible. I like it, and agree to it. I hope my comrades in arms will agree as well." He turns to them and says, "The more people we free, the more we disrupt whatever their plans might be."

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.