Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 240 of 1199

Fay can't believe what he hears. Color - Page 240 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th May, 2017 - 9:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

13th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 258564
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 10th May, 2017 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 240

Lia smiles as she looks at the kobolds. They were all by themselves. " Ionneg, you are right. They are kobolds and we can deal with them quickly. This is the way to defeat a larger enemy. We bite off a piece at a time. " She beckons to Mari and the half elf rides over. " Mari, there is only a weak kobolds rearguard. They have three magic users with them who are kobolds as well. We think it would be a good thing to attack and destroy them. They are too far away for the main host to assist. Go to Poljen and the others. Tell them of this and ask them to ride up and join us. "

Mari nods and races towards the main group. She pulls up in front of Poljen. " Poljen, Lia sent me to ask you and the others to ride forward and join them. There is only a kobold rear guard. They have three kobold magic users and are isolated from the main part of the army. Fay and Lia want to attack and destroy them. " She looks at him expectantly.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th May, 2017 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Tallis adds a note of caution to the conversation, "They'll spot us from more than a mile away, and if I know kobolds, they'll start running for the main group, who can't be all that far off. With that kind of head start, they can probably make it to where the others will be able to see us, if not necessarily intervene in time to save this bunch."

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 10th May, 2017 - 5:50pm

Post Date: 10th May, 2017 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia nods at the halflings suggestion. " Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't considered that. There is a way around it I suppose. Some of us could ride out wide to the flanks. Get behind them without being seen. When the main group causes them to run the flanking group blocks them and we deal with them. We are wolves basically. Pack tactics to isolate and then kill them. That is how my people hunt many times. " Lia looks to see how the others feel about it.

Post Date: 10th May, 2017 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 240 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Amillë, yes, I considered the same thing. Those who flank will be closest to their main force. They should be our strongest and best fighters. I volunteer to go with that force. The loss of Targul will be felt here if indeed we attempt this." He smiles and looks at them all, "But I so long to strike a blow to these vermin. What they did was offensive to all meh senses." He glances at Mari for the briefest of instants and then looks down, "What they nearly did even more so. Death be too good for them, but 'tis all we can serve here and now."

Post Date: 10th May, 2017 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Frowning at this the cleric looks down for a moment before looking back up. " Ionneg, we might be better off having the Silver Blaze members handle this. We are used to working together as a team. There will be no room for error in this. Not that you aren't incredibly capable Ionneg. Familiarity working together is very important. We have worked together for years. " She looks to Poljen. " What do you think Poljen? " She makes a slight shake of her head and darts her eyes towards Fay as she looks at the bulky barbarian. Lia's stomach is in knots thinking of him being between the two forces. She will see him safe through this!

Mari is expressionless as she watches them discuss whether this attack will be made and the assignments involved with it. There is a flicker of anger in her eyes as Fay talks about revenge. She pulls a vial of poison out and casually studies it in the light.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 10th May, 2017 - 7:57pm

Post Date: 10th May, 2017 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Cratol looks about and then indicated him and his hand cart going ahead alone. "Perhaps they will come closer to one who appear alone?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th May, 2017 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 240

Poljen purses his lips and wrinkles his brow, obviously deep in thought. After several moments of careful consideration he says, "Stand down. Leave them be. Tallis has the right of it. The moment they see any of us, they'll likely run. And there's too many for us unless we completely surprise them from behind. And as much as I want to crush them, and I think we can, it is the wrong thing to do."

He sighs, for what he says next obviously pains him. "The enemy brought somewhere around 400 to Greenest, and thanks to our fighting and raids, left with about 300 troops, plus their prisoners. Taking out a score or two kobolds will weaken them slightly, but also confirm we are tracking them. Our goal is to free the prisoners from Greenest. Once they know we are close enough to strike their rearguard, they will be even more alert. If I want anything more than to destroy them, it is for them to feel relaxed, at ease. I want them to think they have managed to lose us with their magicks. Then they are more likely at their camp to be slightly less on their toes. They will more likely send more troops out on the next raid, rather than keep more back for guarding."

His frustration is still plain on his face as he says, "Remember, when we find their camp, even when they leave for another raid, we will still face great numbers, of that I am sure. We will need to scout their camp, look for ways in undetected, maybe ambush a small patrol we can disguise ourselves as. No. Let these kobolds be. Keep following, but remain unseen. Stay back. Tallis, if you wish to keep the spyglass so even you can Bubbles can remain further back, that is fine. Finding the camp, without being found out, is our biggest priority now. Rest assured, we will have our turn at striking them hard. Hopefully after we have rescued as many captives as possible. And maybe by then either more reinforcements from other towns will have arrived, or we can hit the camp when it has the fewest numbers in it."

Post Date: 10th May, 2017 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 240

Fay can't believe what he hears. Color rises in his cheeks. He prepares to say something but holds his tongue. "Tis not me place to say anything here… yet." But he knows this course to be wrong. The training he received on the field of battle with his father and brothers, military leaders all, screams to him that this would be a blow to the enemy.

"Would this scum know that they be followed, aye, and good on that" he thinks. "Leaving a larger force to guard prisoners when they hit the next town might save that town, and lead to the destruction of Cyanwrath and his main force. Was it a gamble… aye, and a bold one." He shakes his head. "And the loss of three of the dwimmer crafty would be a larger blow still. They always be a resource of import."

He thinks about sneaking off and getting between this force and the main body himself. But he knows that would be suicide. "I be not here to sell me life so cheaply" he thinks. He looks at Poljen, and remembers what Poljen said to him, "When I do something obviously unwise, you do the same for me." Fay takes a breath and says with all hint of feelings removed, "I think thee wrong in this Poljen. But you lead here." And what goes through his mind is "Fer now." He waits for the storm….

Attached Image Edited: Abnninja on 10th May, 2017 - 9:51pm


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.