Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 249 of 1199

After another day of shadowing the enemy, - Page 249 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th May, 2017 - 3:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

13th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 258473
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 7:04am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 249

As they ride along Mari looks to Lia. Several times she acts as if she wants to ask her a question. Lia noticing this asks" Mari, what is bothering you?" Mari hesitates then finally speaks. "Lia, I know that you are able to speak with Poljen. What they are doing is dangerous. Have you heard anything about.... Everyone else? Are they okay?"
Lia studies her knowingly. " They are all fine Mari. They have had no issues as of yet. "Knowing that Fay is very fond of her she wishes to know more about Mari. " Mari, I would love to know more about you. Please tell me more of yourself. "

Mari considers for a moment before speaking. " There isn't a whole lot to tell. My father is a moon elf from near Baldur's Gate. He fell for my mother, a human from Baldur's Gate as well. I haven't seen them in some time. " The young woman just stopped talking at this point. Lia noticing this decided not to push it further at this point. " Thank you for sharing with me Mari. Sometimes it is difficult to speak of the past. " Mari looks away and doesn't respond.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 16th May, 2017 - 7:06am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen, if I may, I think it is simply a matter of priorities. We can try to thin their ranks, slow them down, keep our pursuit hidden, and/or discover their lair. As much as I thirst to engage them, the prisoners are my priority. Keeping our pursuit secret so that they do not hurry to harm the prisoners seems best. They may also choose not to lead us to their base or not to split their forces if they are aware of our presence.

Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 11:29am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

As the others gather Fay listens to Poljen. He then lays out his thoughts trying not to contradict. "Poljen speaks true. But in defense of meh plan I would say to you some facts I hope may help inform yer decisions. Naturally, I bow to yer will."

Fay takes a deep breath, "We know the enemy moves towards the mountains. We not who or what they meet there. Mayhaps another army mayhaps a force of dragons. Keeping them from that meeting is why I offered me plan. If me fears be true the prisoners be lost. A link with another force makes em too powerful to attack, even with the reinforcements. Poljen is correct, we may slow them but a day. Which brings them a day nearer our forces a day further from their goal. And swinging wide may bring us closer to Lia's group, if we swing wide in their direction, around the enemy's left. Thank thee for listening."

Out of Character: I think it's the enemy's left in regards to their direction of travel that would bring them closer to Lia's group.

Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 249 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen says, "I too fear what happens when we arrive. But if the priority is to do something to the prisoners immediately, and they have a larger force, it would make sense to bring the force to Greenest, and perform whatever it is as soon as they have the prisoners. Now I always fear I am making the wrong decision, and worry about what will happen if I am wrong. A good leader always considers that. And if things go terribly wrong then I am the one to blame, and will bear that responsibility. And while I am willing to take risks, I don't want to risk all for what I think would be a very small gain. Have you thought about what the result would be if you were wrong?"

He pauses and says, "For what it is worth, with the number of times they have changed direction, even after leaving the road, I am still not convinced we know exactly where they are going. So as we get closer to the mountains, and maybe can see some passes, maybe that will change. And hopefully Tallis will be with us soon. Then our scouting abilities improve greatly, and maybe we can come up with a good plan."

Out of Character: : Also, since they started out east on the road, then southeast, then southwest, to west, with us behind them, I would assume to ride around but be closer to where Lia et al are would mean riding to the right, in other words, around the northern flank.

Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay looks at Poljen, "Yes, I have thought about the results. I have seen the effects of being wrong on me father and brothers when the decisions they made cost lives. I would that I never have to feel that, but I fear I may. Any who make decisions of such import will know the cold burn making wrong decisions brings. And for me it is thrice so, as my failure could cost the life of a mother I found less than a fortnight ere."

Fay shakes his head sadly, "Ye are in charge here Poljen. I have been chastised for offering meh opinion too forcefully from one I care not to disappoint. I fear ye think I am a child with no experience, but this be not so. Although, I be the first to tell you meh experience be limited. But one thing I know. A group needs a leader, not to lead by committee. You be that leader. You have told me where you stand and I shall follow."

As Fay walks past Cratol he looks at him and shakes his head in return.

Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

With the question of riding ahead to lay an ambush apparently settled, the group rides on

Day Ten

Qatar contacts Lia with the following "Kobolds met and routed, thirteen confirmed fled. Last seen heading north. Resuming march west"

Day Eleven

Lia's group arrives back in Greenest. They have to climb up a ladder to get in from the east side, as that gate has been walled over while new, and much sturdier, doors are being crafted.

Tallis drops in to report to Nighthill and Escobert, but will be ready to push on in only minutes if Lia has no other business here.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 249

Lia smiles as she sees Greenest secure again with the gate walled over. She communicates with Poljen and updates him. " We ride ahead of army. Reached Greenest. Army destroyed kobold rearguard. Coming down road as for now for speed. How is Fay?"

While Tallis and Lia are busy Mari views Greenest from atop the walls. She had newly arrived here and had no friends yet when the siege began. She smiles as she sees the long, hard recovery has begun. Mari rejoins her companions.

Out of Character: : Lia and Mari have no other business here. They will be ready when Tallis is.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 16th May, 2017 - 3:53pm

Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 249

After another day of shadowing the enemy, as the group eats supper Poljen speaks quietly with Fay. "If I have shown you disrespect, I am sorry. You do not deserve that. And I mean it when I say I want to hear ideas and opinions. And while I am currently leading the Silver Blaze, it is not a role I wanted. I think Cahleth was the best suited for the job, but he is gone for now, so I am doing my best. When you offer ideas, I do consider them. But when you offer the same basic strategy again and again, I have been less than welcoming. For that I apologize. But at this time I see no way for us to rescue the prisoners in the middle of that army. And if we attack, we alert them to our presence. They will increase the guard, and their vigilance, even back at their base. They will know we are out here. Truthfully I would expect Cyanwrath to send a numbers of troops to harry us and hopefully kill us all, to keep their location secret. If one evening as they set camp, it looks as if they are not setting as many guards, or keeping the prisoners in the center of the army, then maybe we can try something. Does that sound fair enough?"

When Lia reports her arrival in Greenest, he reports, as usual, their direction and distance traveled and says, "All are well."

Attached Image Edited: PaulNelson on 16th May, 2017 - 3:56pm


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.