Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 267 of 1199

In the moment Poljen said he needed to prepare, - Page 267 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th May, 2017 - 4:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

30th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256754
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 23rd May, 2017 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 267

Velon's senses do not pick up anything from here. However, the room described by Fay is well out of range.

Out of Character: it should be noted that a Paladin's divine sense no longer simply picks up creatures of certain alignments. Instead, it pinpoints celestials, fiends, and undead in range. I'm inclined to expand that a little further where it makes sense, just letting you know that a negative result doesn't necessarily mean there isn't anything evil around.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd May, 2017 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia looks at the cave. " I'm sorry Ionneg. I know this is hard. It all ends now though. Whatever enemy is here will pay for this desecration of life. Be prepared for anything with these prisoners. I hope they are alive but.... There isn't much of a guard to maintain control of 100 prisoners. " She bows her head and says a quiet prayer to Sune.

Post Date: 23rd May, 2017 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Aye Amillë, hard it be indeed. But I pray to all the gods there be enemy left in here. I would sink my scimitar to the hilt in one and let him taste my steel. 'Tis time to rid this land of these vermin."

Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 267 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen says, "We go to the prisoners first. If something goes wrong and we alert everyone to our presence, I want the prisoners to be ready for a possible break for freedom. If they are still here and alive, even if we lose our lives freeing them, the number of guards would probably be few enough that a hundred prisoners should be able to overwhelm them." Poljen silently says a prayer to any powers that might be listening for the prisoners to still be alive, and moves down the corridor to the left indicated by Fay.

Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The group quietly proceeds to the left passage. Peeking around the corner shows around a dozen guards and half as many drakes. Most of the former are clustered around a table, idling time away together.

They are unaware of your presence, but the nearest enemy is at least 25 long paces off, closing the distance before they're alert will be difficult.

Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Poljen steps back and gestures the group into a tight huddle several steps back from the corner. He whispers softly. "A dozen guards and six drakes. But they are at least twenty-five paces in, and that's the closest. Fay, Onwen, Lia, if you can, make that sleep thing happen to as many as you can, while the rest of us charge in. Target the guards. Drakes making noise probably happens occasionally anyway." He pauses, then shrugs. "The good news though is there must be at least some prisoners alive. Otherwise this lot would be with the army. Luck to us all. Now, give me one moment to prepare."

The barbarian once again moves closer to the corner, sword and shield at the ready. He closes his eyes and says a silent prayer to the spirits of all the Stone Leopards, asking for their blessing as he tries once more to bring honor and glory to the clan. He can almost feel their approval as the battle madness begins to well up in him. His grins, as usual in battle, becomes feral, his eyes taking on a yellow tint and the pupils an almond-shape, like those of a bird of prey. He turns to Fay and nods. As the bard, and any others begin to create their magic, he walks casually into the room, watching to see who falls, and moving to attack the closest guard still up.

Out of Character: : Only rolling one round of attacks… Rage, then move in, ready to Dash if needed (Movement now 40), then attack. If there is anything that looks like it would be used to sound an alarm, like a large hanging piece of iron, he will move to the guard closest to it that is up, so that any trying to sound it will have to get by him. Here we go, everybody! Now is our time!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 267

Fay simply nods at Poljen, waits for him to start his charge, and then steps out singing a song of sleepiness. At the end of that song Fay sings of bold barbarians killing scores of foes.

Out of Character: Fay will cast this at 3rd level. He will center it right in the middle of the guards. As his bonus action he gives an inspiration D8 to Poljen. You can use that for an ability check, attack roll, or save and you have ten minutes to use it.

Attached Image Edited: Abnninja on 24th May, 2017 - 3:30am

Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 4:15am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 267

In the moment Poljen said he needed to prepare, Velon casts Bless on himself, Poljen, and Cratol. He says "Don't let any of them flee!" He charges in immediately behind Poljen, keeping an eye out for any guards attempting to flee either by heading towards the exit of the cave or entering through the doors behind them. Depending on how the enemy reacts, he'll ideally charge enemies grouped together, and cast green flame blade.

Out of character: Finally our chance to act! Don't forget your d4's, team! Adding one round of attack with Poljen's, with twice as many attack and damage dice as needed just in case of advantage or [Critical Hit] as previously discussed. (Sorry, lots to keep track of on this until I get used to it. My first real combat!).


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.