Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 272 of 1199

Poljen steps back a few paces and tries again… - Page 272 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th May, 2017 - 4:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

26th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256297
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 26th May, 2017 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 272

Round Four

Cratol and Tallis return to the main portion of the fighting, together, they bring down one of the guards from behind. Geoffroy reaches out and heals Cratol. Fay turns and cuts down the drake Geoffroy burned last turn,

The mage reappears, only to be hit with radiance and flame, causing him to lose focus on the Stinking Cloud spell, which quickly begins to dissipate. He curses, and runs through a nearby door, slamming it shut behind him. You hear a bolt slamming home from within.

Poljen brings down another guard with a pair of strikes. The last one standing disengages and runs for it through the disappearing cloud. However, he is brought down before going far, as Elyria and Onwen have been waiting for a clear shot.

The field is yours.

You stand in a roughly oval cavern with six doors embedded into the rock, each of which bears draconic writing (For convenience's sake, labeling these as one through six, left to right). Four of the doors have locks on the exterior (1-4). One looks solid, but has a simple pull latch (5). The one the mage went through apparently has one on the inside instead (6). It looks like this cave network is mostly natural, but magic has been used to shape the stone in certain places.

You cannot hear anything beyond the first door(1), but detect a faint smell of putrefaction when you get close to the joints. You can hear sounds of distressed people beyond all of the next three doors (2-4), though it is faintest beyond the last of these (4). The next (5) bears runes around the frame, and feels unnaturally cold, you can hear nothing beyond it. Behind the last door (6), you can hear 2 people arguing in draconic, presumably the mage who fled and someone else.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen stifles a curse when the mage gets away, and he frowns when he hears arguing. "We may not have much time. If that mage can send messages like Lia… Lia, Fay, use the key and check on the prisoners. Velon, Cratol, with me. Everyone, be ready!" He charges at the door, a growl building from deep in his throat and rising in volume and pitch as he nears the door, smashing into it…

Out of Character: : Rolling a Bless for each Athletics check… not sure if it works that way, or if you roll the Bless once and add it to the best. If so, use the first.

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia races over to the dead guard and snags the keys. " Come, Ionneg. Let's free these poor people. " She moves hastily to the door. Mari moves over gingerly beside her having finally gotten up. "Mari, are you okay or do you need more healing?"

Mari shakes her head and reddens. " Thank you Lia. I'm okay. " Lia studies her for a moment. She replaces her bow in its position on her back. " Ready Ionneg, Mari?" Mari nods. When Fay acknowledges that he is ready then she will open door 1.

Out of Character: : They will go from left to right towards door 5. If something seems off in a room they will investigate it before continuing.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th May, 2017 - 2:13am

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 272 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen charges at the door, but bounces off with little effect.

Lia and Fay go open the first door on the left. They are immediately hit with the strong smell of rot. There's no light in here, but enough is spilling through the door to illuminate a lumpy mass in the middle of the room.

Out of Character: Normally Poljen's rage would be wearing off now, but I'll say that bashing on the door would be a sufficient substitute to attacking in regards to keeping it up.

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 3:43am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia almost vomits at the smell. Not wanting to investigate any further she slams the door shut. " Horrible. I don't want to know. " Noticing Poljen bounce off the door she calls out" Once we get any prisoners out of here, burn that door. If you had an axe it might be better as well. " With her face pale she opens up the next door.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th May, 2017 - 3:45am

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Out of combat: busy tonight but Velon knows draconic. He would offer to listen in on the mage and read the rest of the doors. More tomorrow…

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th May, 2017 - 4:23am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 272

The Quiet Shadow says...

Checking on Elyria, the cleric asks, "Are you okay?" Geoffroy, unsurprisingly, held concern for his sister and wish to check on her.

His sister nods before replying, "Yes, though I wish the cloud hadn't preventing me from being more help." Elyria was glad she had gotten in a final blow, as well help as she did. Honestly, she wasn't even upset about her brother worrying about her and glad for the role that she was able to play though limited as it was.

Geoffroy goes and says, watching as Poljen tried to break down the door but bounced off before saying, "Shall I try?" He will check to see if everyone was okay as well before continuing with the question, "Anyone in need of healing?" The cleric wish to help where he could.

Out of Character: : Hmm, I though for sure that I had Athletics. Maybe simply a Strength check?

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 27th May, 2017 - 4:34am



Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 272

Poljen steps back a few paces and tries again… he is becoming angry… he feels opening the door and eliminating the threats inside is critical…


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.