Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 273 of 1199

Lia will walk in slowly and once again reassure - Page 273 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th May, 2017 - 6:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

24th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 260086
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 6:04am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 273

Poljen bursts through the door, tearing the bolt hasp out of the wood in the process. He finds himself in what looks like something somewhere between a hospital room and an alchemist's shop.

The mage is standing on the other side of a long table along with a black scaled dragonborn in a surgeon's smock. The latter is holding a nude human woman, and has a knife to her throat. The mage for his part appears to be brandishing a diamond at the barbarian menacingly. The mage shouts, "Back! Get back, or watch her die!"

For her part, the woman looks to be physically unharmed, but barely conscious, possibly drugged. The dragonborn is having to hold up most of her body weight.
_______________

Lia opens the next door with the key. Within are long rows of cages, each contain five to six people. A quick glance suggests around 70-80 people in here, most of them men. They aren't in the best of condition, but it looks like they are reasonably healthy.

It does not look like the key you have will fit in the padlocks on these cages. However, it looks like a heavy blow with a hammer could simply sheer them off.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 27th May, 2017 - 6:07am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 6:48am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia smiles in relief as she sees these prisoners in fair condition. Seeing how the cages are padlocked she realizes that they will need tools to free them. " It is okay everyone. We tracked you from Greenest and are here to take you home. Just give us a moment to get some hammers to get these locks off. We also need to check these other rooms as well. "
Mari looks at the prisoners with worry. She remains silent until they exit the room. " I'm very concerned. Where are the women? There are only a few here. "

Lia reassures her. " They are probably keeping them mostly separated for some reason. Let's check the next door. They are probably in there. We can't let anyone out yet until Poljen and the others take care of that mage. The last thing we need are all these prisoners filing around in the midst of a possible battle. "

Out of Character: : If nothing unusual happens or is said by the prisoners then they will go to the next door and open it as well.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th May, 2017 - 6:50am

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 7:06am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Nyzahr has been standing guard for a while and she had been reluctant to try her newly acquired knowledge, but eventually her innate curiosity gets the better of her and she starts invoking her arcane Bard powers.

During her scouting foray with the other bard called Fay, they stumbled upon a singular room apparently used for invocations and maybe even human sacrifice. As she knows the rest of the Blaze is busy freeing prisoners, she calls upon her powers to try to find out more about the fiends' plans on that matter.

Out of Character:

Nyzahr is considering casting Clairvoyance into the room where the priests of Tiamat where busy preparing their rituals. Any chance that can be done from where she is standing guard ?

.

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 8:07am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 273 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay follows along with Lia and Mari checking on prisoners. He is glad at Mari's recovery and he dotes a bit. But, upon seeing the contents of the first room he sobers.

At the second room he sees the prisoners and hears Mari's question. "Aye M'Lady, 'tis most likely as me Lady Mother said. He sings a song of soothing hoping to give these poor souls some hope.

They leave that area and Lia opens the next door, Fay right next to her. Fay is prepared for anything at this point. Before he enters he calls out to Poljen, "Is it well with you. Do you need me talents?"

Out of Character: Fay understands Draconic as well. Persuasion is to give the prisoners hope and steel them for what is to come.

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol follows Poljen through the now shattered door. He does not stop moving and heads quickly towards the mage using his faster movement rate. He will unleash himself on the mage using a Ki point for added attacks. He does not even notice the dragon born or the female as he is wanting a piece of this mage.

27th May, 2017 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

The Quiet Shadow says...

Impressively, the cleric sees Poljen actually break through the door on slamming into it a second time and when he does Geoffroy follows after him. This leads him to take in the situation fairly quickly with the nude woman's life being threatened.

Seeking to find a way to prevent the woman's life from being ended today, Geoffroy consider what magic he may call upon from Lathander to help or perhaps if he might persuade the dragonborn to put the knife away at least long enough to safely get her away.

Seeing Cratol rush in, the cleric acts quickly calling upon his god's might voice to command but a single word, "DROP!" This directed towards the one holding the knife and in the surgeon's smock. Hopefully his friend will take care of the mage as he focuses on the dragonborn.

Specific Action: By using the spell Command with the word Drop, the target drops whatever it is holding and then ends its turn.

Out of Character: Admittedly, as the Dungeon Master, one could simply have the dragonborn drop the woman but I hope the intention can be seen to be the knife that is dropped.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 273

Some of them offer pleas for Lia not to go, but they're hushed by some of their more level headed counterparts.

The room Lia enters next is organized much like the last. There are around fifty prisoners in this one, all of them women. Again, they appear to be in reasonably good health.

(For the room with the mage, waiting a little longer for Poljen, since he'd be the first into the room.).

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 27th May, 2017 - 6:24pm

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 273

Lia will walk in slowly and once again reassure them. " Hi, We are from Greenest. We have come to free you. I am Lia. This is Fay and Mari. " She gestures towards them. " We will get tools to get you out of those cages. Please be patient. " Lia will try to get a feel for any odd behavior due to the draconic writing.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th May, 2017 - 6:57pm


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.