Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 288 of 1199

Out of character: Interesting reading, Daishain! - Page 288 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 31st May, 2017 - 3:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 288

Onwen shakes his head, "Its nothing."

He doesn't look to be minimizing the problem by much. The burn you can see might start blistering in a little while, and is likely painful to work with, but it is far from debilitating.

Mari needs multiple tries to pop the last lock, but she does eventually succeed.

As was likely expected by now, the last door led to yet another bedroom.

A rather large tapestry occupies much of the wall, and showcases three scenes. A lone warrior stands proud and tall, facing down a mob that surrounds him. A commander points at a city's walls, directing the trebuchets beside him to fire. Two men stand locked in a duel.

There are three stands in here, one bearing a large assortment of weapons, one a set of ornate full plate armor, the last is empty, but looks to have held another suit of armor.

The full plate is the suit worn by Cyanwrath when you last saw him, and it still bears gashes put into it by Poljen. The damage is likely why it was left behind.

Another writing desk is in here, and there is a journal sitting out on top.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 9:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay walks into the room and starts inspecting it, making sure no one is hiding in it. "These tapestries may be clues" he says, as he looks at the closely. He moves to the journal and inspects it.

Out of Character: History check to see if the tapestries mean anything to him.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 31st May, 2017 - 9:40am

Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 11:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Velon casts detect magic as they inspect the rooms, ignoring the magic mirror. He gives a wide grin at the full plate. "This looks familiar. Poljen if I try this on you won't burst into a rage and kill me, right?"

Out of character: Is there still a room with the altar?

Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 12:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 288 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: The room with the alter is down a different hallway if memory serves and without going back and looking. We'll be heading that way next.

Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Nyzahr stands in front of the mirror, eyeing it (And her reflection) curiously. She swings around with a nod to Onwen and a tilt of the head…

- This One Would Very Much Enjoy Seeing The Reflecting Device At Work. Can The Young Mage Get It To Work ? These Ones Will Also Need A Mouthpiece, Maybe Under Disguise ?

Out of Character: : thinking we might trick whoever is on the other side of this mirror if we get one of us using it dressed as a cultist, maybe borrow one of the dead magi's robes or whatnot… ?
Unfortunately Nyzahr has lost the use of her Disguise Self spell for now, but if someone else wants to give it a shot… maybe Onwen ?

Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Fay does not recall anything that would link these scenes to anything specific. It is possible that the person living here simply liked the imagery.

Written in draconic, the journal appears to be the personal notes of Commander Cyanwrath. Much of it is dedicated to his personal musings on the life of a dedicated warrior, what he plans for himself and his progeny in the new world, and even the occaisonal poem. A few entries stand out in regards to relevance to the situation at hand:

"That upstart Severin, for all my misgivings about him, has proven to be a boon to this brotherhood. He has brought order and discipline to a group that badly needed it. I serve wyrmspeaker Galvan now, as part of the newly formed Cobalt Claw of Tiamat. For the first time in over two centuries, I feel that we have a chance at freeing our mistress"

"Rumors have been circulating among the officers that Galvan has discovered a means to rapidly swell our numbers, and not with the usual pathetic dregs of human society. The nature of it is however being kept a secret."

"It seems I will find out about Galvan's discovery after all, I have been assigned as part of the triumvirate overseeing something called Creche #4. Military operations and training will be my principle domain."

"This cavern will take almost a year's worth of work to make ready, but I can be patient. I have gotten to know my fellow commanders. Both human sadly enough, though they must be capable to reach such a position. Mondath in particular irks me, she tried seducing me almost the moment we met, when I let my disgust at the notion show, she began second guessing every decision I made."

"The doctor has arrived, along with his tools. I do not care for the methods used. There is no honor in stealing life like this. But the results, oh the results will be glorious. Soon enough I will be leading a legion of my kindred, all raised from birth to fight for the glories of Tiamat.
Their growth will be accellerated through the beginning stages of life, they will be adults in only fifteen years rather than the usual fifty. I asked if it were possible to shorten that further, but was assured that such would only lead to developmentally stunted soldiers."

"The cavern is finished enough to begin, and I have sent for the men I will need to gather the prisoners. We'll have a long march ahead of us, the first target is some small village called redcliffe. Its well away from here to make sure any beginning mistakes stay far away."

"These raids have been going smoothly. We leave no witnesses behind to report on what happened, use as many of the women as we can for the breeding, sell off the others for more tribute. A disgusting little man called Azbara has become our principle contact for the slaves. He can never seem to get enough. The process with the women goes quite well, we get two to three eggs from most subjects. Only a small handful prove so incompatible to not concieve at all
I am becoming increasingly in need of a challenge. Peasants with pitchforks are all that seem to stand up to me of late."

"It has been decided to try for a larger target. Out of these smaller villages, we only get a few suitable subjects. Greenest is quite tempting, and Mondath claims to have a means to take it with no bloodshed. I am far less confident in her plan, not least due to the amount of time we need to spend isolating the town for this to work. Unfortunately I have been overruled on this matter. I am able to proceed with my own preparations however. My younger cousin Lennithon has been looking for an excuse to stretch his wings in earnest, I may just offer such an opportunity."

"There has been a setback, not only did we capture a Harper spy the other day nosing around, apparently he managed to get a message off first. I don't know how Mondath caught wind of it, but an agent of the Red Hand, someone named Miruvial, sent word to her superiors that a band of skilled fighters left Baldur's Gate recently, led by members of the Order of the Gauntlet. They''re on route to Greenest. She is accompanying them, no doubt so she can learn of our operations for the sake of her own sect. They should not be capable of stopping us, but it remains a troubling development."

"Greenest did not precisely go as planned. The mercenaries who arrived proved far more resilient than anyone could have guessed. They even managed to bring Lennithon down, ending my plan to take the fort. On the other hand, I finally have an excuse to rid myself of Mondath, she forced me to hold off when my cousin needed assistance. Wyrmspeaker Galvan will not take the death of a great one lightly.
In the end though, the attempt must be counted as a failure, and I cannot ignore my own responsibility for it. I lost too many men, and only came away with a fraction of the prisoners we had planned for.
I did finally meet someone of interest. A warrior not only met my challenge for a duel, he actually challenged me with his skill. I hope to meet him again.
I had originally planned to give the men an extended rest after Greenest, but instead we'll have to step the schedule back up to meet our deadlines. Next stop is a village called Winebridge, supposedly it doesn't have a bridge, nor does it produce wine. Where do the humans get these names?"

Velon doesn't need to try it on to know the armor won't fit. Among other things, he can see that the shoulder spacing is way off, he'd never be able to swing a weapon wearing that. He'll need to get the suit to a smith to have it resized.

In response to Velon's spell, a few of the weapons ping as magical. A mace, a spear, and a bow to be specific. There is also a magic aura coming from inside the writing desk.

Onwen seems intrigued by Nyzahr's idea, but shrugs and indicates that disguises are not really his forte.

Out of Character: Onwen doesn't know disguise self, at least not according to the character sheet Aeric left. How did Nyzahr lose access to it? The only way for a Bard to truly do that is to spend every last spell slot they have.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 31st May, 2017 - 3:17pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 288

Fay relates everything he is reading to the group. He smiles at Poljen as he reads the part about Cyanwrath wanting to meet that warrior again. When he reads the part about the next target he looks greatly concerned. "Amillë, dost thou still have contact with the reinforcement's mage? Coulds't thou warn them of the next target?" He looks at Poljen and Lia first and then the rest of the group.

Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 288

Out of character: Interesting reading, Daishain! Abnninja, please let us know if and/or when Fay decides to share the journal. There will be lots to discuss after we're done here!

Velon takes the armor and stores the smaller pieces in his travel sack, and uses his rope to tie together the larger pieces so he can carry it over his should or on his back for now. He also takes the mace, the spear, and the bow and tells the group that he has identified them as magical. He'll ask around for who may best use them on top of any obvious choices based on how he's seen the others fight. He may consider attuning to the mace himself if no one is eager to have it, just to see if it is more than a +1 weapon, but otherwise is happy to get these weapons in capable hands for the good of the party.

Velon will then start inspecting the desk. Velon is cautious, using the tip of a long non-magical weapon to try to open the desk after seeing his companion get burned by magical traps.

Out of character: Anyone want these weapons? Anyone else eagerly looking for plate armor as well? Happy to roll for it or something if you too can make good use of it. Daishain, do standard + weapons require attunement? I forget.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.