Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 348 of 1199

Lia glares at the cleric. " What a foul - Page 348 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Jun, 2017 - 2:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

05th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
26th Jun, 2017 - 1:36am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 348

The Quiet Shadow says...

Nodding to Velon the reply will come, "I see myself skilled in persuasion and feel that perhaps I could reason with them. Many will speak more freely when knowing they have lost and even fear being killed." Geoffroy hoped that he may be able to convince without resorting to threats.

One who to interrogate first and what questions the Morningliege offers, "I might take some insight in considering the prisoners, in figuring out which we can speak without wasting any more time then we need." He pauses for a moment as the cleric considers his companions.

Continuing, Geoffroy says, "Yet on questions to ask we can see if they know anything about the army and what cities it may go after next. Try to see if any know of other hatcheries or places Tiamat's forces might be hiding out." He felt though his companions could offer other suggestions and he was more then happy to hear them out in what could be asked.

Yet since Fay had spoken first, he will offer, "Though our young friend could go first in trying his hand at getting anything out of the prisoners." Geoffroy did not want to leave the half elf feeling left out or pushed aside.

Out of Character: Geoffroy has proficiency in Persuasion and 15 Charisma.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 26th Jun, 2017 - 1:36am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia follows Velon and the others. After listening to the plan she nods. " I like it. This should work well. My spell only works in a small radius from the origination point. All the prisoners need to be close to this point for the spell to be effective. It will last for about ten minutes. If we don't get all we need by then I can recast it. Also, they will know the spell is in effect and can try to resist its effects. I will know right away whether the spell will work on them. I will nod to you Ionneg if the spell is working on them. Shaking my head means they resisted it.

Out of Character: : She will cast zone of truth at the point specified by Fay and Velon.

You create a magical zone that guards against deception in a 15-foot-radius Sphere centered on a point of your choice within range. Until the spell ends, a creature that enters the spell's area for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there must make a Charisma saving throw. On a failed save, a creature can't speak a deliberate lie while in the radius. You know whether each creature succeeds or fails on its saving throw.

An affected creature is aware of the spell and can thus avoid answering questions to which it would normally respond with a lie. Such creatures can be evasive in its answers as long as it remains within the boundaries of the truth.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 26th Jun, 2017 - 1:41am

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Fay indicates where to cast the spell and then starts the interrogation.

"Where was yer group going?"
"What are the valuables for?"
"Where are the other cult hideouts?"
"How many groups be there?"
"Who are the leaders of the cult here?"
"How many of you do there be in total?"
"How long have ye been planning this?"

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 348 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Perhaps we conserve Lia's magic by pulling three out of the silence over to another area at a time, and then just question those that are unable to resist the spells effects, returning the others to Poljen?"

Out of character: I forget how many we have in total now.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol will wait by the prisoners to make sure none are able to talk to each other or try to make good and escape. He has his staff at the ready as he watches them.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

They're all rather reluctant to talk, but after some effort, you manage to get a few to open up. Several try to feed misinformation, but based on the tidbits you know you can trust, you piece together part of the picture.

The valuables were to be traded for treasures worthy of Tiamat, and those added to a horde that shall be offered on her return to this plane. None of those willing to speak knew the final destination of their cargo, just that they were to hand it off to someone in Baldur's Gate, to someone nicknamed "The Stoat".

You manage to get the locations of two hideouts from them, located in relatively nearby towns, but from the sound of it, they're just small meeting places, if any of them know where the other creches are, they're hiding it well. Likewise, you do not learn much in regards to overall numbers.

You do learn a little more of how the cult is organized. There are five sects, The Red Hand, The Black Wing, The Jade Fang, the Pale Eye, and the Cobalt Claw. Each are headed by someone known as a Wyrmspeaker, and each glorify the virtues of a particular variety of chromatic dragon. Two of the wyrmspeakers are unknown to those you question, but the Red Hand and the Black Wing are headed by individuals respectively known as Severin and Rezmir. In theory, Severin is also the ultimate leader of the cult. The cultists you have been fighting so far have all been members of the Cobalt Claw, headed by the blue Wyrmspeaker, Galvan. The idea of secretly breeding and training several legions of half dragons is his project.

There were two leaders of this particular band. One lies dead, the other is the dark cleric whom you captured. He likely knows more of interest. However, the first time you removed his gag to question him, he immediately attempted to cast a spell. Preventing him from completing it was a simple enough matter, but you get the impression he is not going to make this easy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 348

"I'm not sure we can afford to pursue Stoat or the small hideouts. Going back for the eggs is probably more important."

Velon continues, "Finding a way to break this dark cleric, however, may prove valuable."

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 348

Lia glares at the cleric. " What a foul and evil being. " She walks over to him. Lia pulls out a dagger and holds it at his throat. " I am a cleric of Sune. If you talk you will live. If you keep trying to cast a spell when you are ungagged you might find yourself missing a tongue. What good to us are you if you won't talk? Feel fortunate that I have kept my companions from doing worse. They want to break bones and have me heal you. Then do it over and over again. I would make a wise choice if I were you cleric. I can't keep them from it forever. They seem a little upset at what you and your group was doing to those unfortunate women. " Lia removes the dagger and smiles at him. She backs away and watches.

Out of Character: : Hopefully this helps a little.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.