Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 357 of 1199

Smiling at the kobold Lia says" As far - Page 357 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Jul, 2017 - 4:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 9th Jul, 2017 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 357

Mari eyes Poppo and frowns. " I make no such promise. The trial basis is up to the others. Me sticking a dagger between your ribs depends upon the issue. Minor differences no. Your betrayal of this group… That would not go well. " Her dagger disappears and she steps away.

Lia looks irritated as she stands looking at the halfling. " Your proposal will have to be decided on by Geoffroy. He is our leader. I assume we have to take you at your word. As Mari says.. We will watch you. I.. " She notices the presence of a well dressed kobold and her eyes widen. Lia steps rapidly to him and takes the proffered scroll. She looks to Mari. " Mari.." The cleric nods at the stranger. Mari steps closer and slightly to the rear of the kobold. She studies him intently.

Lia walks back to the table and hands the scroll to Geoffroy. Looking to the group she says " Maybe we should find another place to congregate in the near future. It seems like half of Faerun knows that we are here. " She steps back around the table and remains standing. Lia watches to see what happens next.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 9th Jul, 2017 - 6:50pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jul, 2017 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The scroll reads as follows

"Greetings, you have done much to foil the followers of Tiamat of late. I congratulate you upon your success, particularly with the one known as Lennithon. Are you willing to fight them again? I cannot share too much via messenger, but I know of a way to foil them once more. If you wish to hear it, meet me at the Yawning Portal in Waterdeep in two month's time. Your friend Cratol will receive a similar invitation."

"Jad can answer a few questions, and will take your response back to me"

The kobold Jad appears to be unarmed save for a tiny belt knife. He says, "I take it you have had experience with some of my less enlightened cousins. Perhaps I can alleviate some of the mistrust." He points to the still glowing circle on the inn floor. "A Truth spell is it not? May I step within?"

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2017 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Fay blinks at the Kobold, starts to say something, stutters, and then blinks again. Finally he says, "Well, there be something ye see not every day."

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2017 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 357 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen blinks in surprise at the turn of events. "A kobold that is more trustworthy than a gnome? Strange times indeed." He shrugs and looks to Geoffroy and says, "If you wish either of these characters gone, say the word. Otherwise I think we'll need another round. This time courtesy of the kobold."

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2017 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia's eyes grow wider in surprise. " Yes, Jad. Please enter the circle. " As he enters it she will begin questioning. " Who is this invitation from? How we do know that this isn't a trap? How did the sender of this scroll know where to find us?" The beautiful elf pauses and purses her lips for a moment. " Well, does anyone else have any questions for our kobold friend? " She smiles over at Velon. " I'm sure our paladin does."

Out of Character: : These questions are assuming that Jad will enter the circle.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 10th Jul, 2017 - 2:33am

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2017 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jad looks at Poppo before stepping into the circle, "I find it helps to breath in, and imagine breathing in the magic of the spell as you do so. Like so."

Jad steps across the circle border, breathing in deeply as he does so. Lia's spell informs her that the kobold is under its sway and unable to lie. The kobold speaks clearly and precisely save for a light draconic style accent, he speaks like a scholar if anything, "The scroll was written and sent by my master Lord Irdeith the Ascended. A simple divination spell sufficed to predict you all would be in this city on this day, asking around let me find out specifically where. Fame does have its drawbacks in regards to avoiding others knowing your location."

"As to the possibility of this being a trap. I cannot guarantee your safety, as the servants of Tiamat are persistent. However, I can state my master and I are both devoted servants of Bahamut, that this is not intended to mislead or harm in any way, and that precautions have been taken to prevent interference. I believe that covers the more important points, what else would you know?"

Out of Character: If Poppo exits the circle and reenters, he can deliberately fail the save and confirm his previous statement. Also, Geoffroy's Insight check was sufficient to be quite confident in the halfling's words.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 10th Jul, 2017 - 3:03am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Jul, 2017 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 357

Poppo nods to the kobold his mouth slightly agape but quickly shakes it off and follows his instructions. He vacates the seat and clearly exits the zone and then re-enters using the advice given to allow the spell take effect.

Out of Character: : Exit/Enter Zone of Truth and not resisting the spell.

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2017 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 357

Smiling at the kobold Lia says" As far as I'm concerned that proves your honesty and good intentions. Does anyone else have any questions for him? Velon? I assume you would have input or questions regarding a fellow Bahamat worshipper. "

While waiting for someone to question the kobold if so desired she looks to Poppo. " Thank you for allowing yourself to fall under the spell's effect. That speaks highly of your truthfulness. Now… Do you intend to interfere or cause any harm to our group? Is the story that you told us true regarding the reason you wish to join our group?" She awaits his answer.

Out of Character: : I didn't catch where he confirmed his previous statement under the effects of the spell. If I just missed it then please disregard these questions.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 10th Jul, 2017 - 4:21am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.