Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 389 of 1199

Out of Character: Only Fay can fit eleven - Page 389 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Jul, 2017 - 10:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

21st May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 255407
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 20th Jul, 2017 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 389

Fay hears the erstwhile scouts approach and hears their urging them to run. He quickly lets the group know, "Me sword is equal to sunlight when it is unsheathed. Pitiful poor do these creatures react to sunlight. 'Tis but 15' of sunlight when first unsheathed but that can grow to double that area. I cannot do much else while I make this area grow, but I can have it illuminate an area 30' and give us quite an advantage over these creatures. If we stay shall I unsheathe it now and give away our advantage? I can grow it to its full potential or close ere they are upon us? Do I wait and unsheathe if just before upon us they be and surprise many of them? But then not grow its radiance since in battle I'll be. Or do we run through tunnels we know not into traps that may be hiding for us?"

Attached Image Edited: Abnninja on 20th Jul, 2017 - 8:50pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Jul, 2017 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon hears the warnings and then Fay. "DO NOT RUN FAR! Move to the nearest choke point! We brutes will hold them, Fay will reveal his surprise, the rest unleash your magic! Time for that wand, Lia!"

Velon begins moving away from the threat, encouraging all to move with him but in an orderly fashion. He's looking for the nearest place that they've already been that will make a good choke/ambush point to negate their numbers, such as a doorway, turn in the tunnel, or just narrow spot.

Out of Character: We wouldn't know where to run. Velon does not want to just get lost in here, and is confident the Blaze can handle this if they work as a team. Tanks and melee hold them, casters unleash AOE, other ranged mop up those still standing. He will stand at the forefront, perhaps with Poljen and alongside Cratol, Fay, etc. If they find this spot close by.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2017 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Silas speaks up, he seems quite calm. "Poljen, Velon, stand with me at the door. Casters, help me whittle down their numbers before they reach us, everyone else, help support the line."

A fairly ornate Greatsword appears in Silas' hand as he walks over to stand just behind the stone portal.

Out of Character: the best choke point within non Constitution save inducing run distance is right here, the side doorway into the cathedral the duergar had been camping in. Three men abreast will form an effective barrier there.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2017 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 389 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Oswald rounds the corner into the hallway. He sees the group falling into formation and runs past the front line; stopping short of the backline. He opens his bag of holding, pulls out and equips his shield, and then draws his sword. He readies himself with the rest of the group.

Out of Character: Wasn't sure if you wanted us to act in initiative yet. If so, then that will be my actions on my turn.

Oswald will probably be in the second to last line of people.

Attached Image Edited: Robertreaper on 20th Jul, 2017 - 10:07pm

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2017 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poppo is glad to see the scouts return and quickly fixes his eyes on the spot where the alchemist fire landed. He watches for the first sign of the duergar and then launches his firebolt at it.

Out of Character: : Firebolt at first duergar through the fire line.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2017 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Cratol stands just behind Poljen, Velon and Silas. He will be ready to attack any who tries to get past the front three.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jul, 2017 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 389

Fay moves next to Cratol just behind the three. "Can we move inward just a bit. My sword will have most effect if I am in the front lines and with swords in each hand I will be able to deal much damage to these brutes. If we bow but a bit inwards five we may be able to fit and Cratol and I can get into line."

Attached Image Edited: Abnninja on 20th Jul, 2017 - 11:37pm

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2017 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 389

Out of Character: Only Fay can fit eleven sentences of speech into one round after rolling initiative *wink*

Slight edit to Velon's previous post after the Dungeon Master's explanation of the layout. Velon will say almost the same thing but with regard to this spot instead, and his movement will be to fall in line near the door as Silas has instructed, leaving a slight gap for the scouts to run between before closing the line tight. He will ignore Fay's request, choosing to follow the orders of his new mentor and dragonblood elder and maintain the cover and positioning advantage of being inside the door.

Since he hasn't used his action to Dash or anything now, he'll ready an attack. If the alchemists fire is a good ways away, he'll ready a firebolt under the same conditions as Poppo. If it is close and the dwarves will be upon them soon, he'll ready a green flame blade attack. (Will roll both depending on the situation.).


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.