Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 408 of 1199

Poljen curses as the duergar appear both in - Page 408 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Jul, 2017 - 6:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

26th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256244
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 408

Cratol moves across the corridor allong wit hthe rest of the forward element. Once he is across the intersection and out of sight of the right side corridor he will stop turn around and prepare for an attack.

Sponsored Links:
29th Jul, 2017 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Moving forward and to the side corridor as well, Geoffroy prepared with both morningstar and a prayer ready on his lips in case a spell was needed to be cast. Hopefully though, they won't needed to and if so that the plan which seemed in place worked as intended.



Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

As people step through the intersection, glimpses to the left show nothing in particular other than more corridor. To the right is the entry to a large room of some description. No sign of life in either direction.

A few moments after you cross however, a deep horn can be heard from the right hand passage. The advance party can see Duergar pouring out into the hallway ahead of them, those behind can hear clanking from the rear as the same occurs to the south. Several in both groups are bearing massive steel tower shields.

Yet more Duergar can be heard and seen emerging in the room to the east. Something else can be heard in that direction as well, it is big, and clanks when it moves. At least so far, the left hand path to the west looks clear.

Out of Character: We are going to be trying out something new for this fight. The link below goes to a google sheets document that I will use as a battlemap and update as people move around. Since I can't control who clicks on the link, you guys will be able to make comments, but not edits. I made some assumptions on your starting positions, feel free to let me know how to adjust where you are to begin.

Source 3v.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 29th Jul, 2017 - 3:17pm

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 408 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol looks to the others. "Well that does not look good." He indicates the left passageway. "We should go over there before we are surrounded on tow sides." He heads to the left passageway and stands in the middle with staff ready to meet the dwarfs.

Out of Character: Two rounds of rolls made with a extra Attack and damage in case of AoO.

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay sees the trap and his expression grows grim. "It seems they have the same plan in mind as ye Poljen." He thinks for second then adds loudly enough for the group to hear, "They be herding us in one direction. I reckon something bad be in that direction. Something with many eyes and death fer us on its mind. If we beat it they'll come at us after we're spent. They win twice."

Out of Character: I'll post initiative here and wait for answers before I post Fay's action.

Attached Image Edited: Abnninja on 29th Jul, 2017 - 3:37pm

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Jack's reply to Fay's comment echoes silently through Velon's mind: "Fay's analysis is accurate… we're being herded. Let's turn the game around. As I see it we have only a few choices: either we follow the Duergar's plan and escape into what is most likely the Beholder's lair, or we make our stand back-to-back in the intersection - probably a very poor strategy - or we choose one of their lines of attack and try and punch through it… In any case, we'll need to find a way to slow their advance.... I wonder if Poppo's still got some of that greasy magic going, or maybe a cobweb… Let's figure out a way to stop them from completing their pinching maneuver."

Inside the ring, old Barley is roaring wildly: ' Hoist the main sail ! Keep her tight across the waves, mateys, here comes the mother of all storms, haahahrra ! '

Huddled against the wall, Jharen looks down at his crossbow and the row of approaching shields and lets out a sigh: not much chances of breaking through these with a bolt. He puts away the weapon regretfully and pulls out a small pouch filled with ball-bearings. "If we can get them to charge at us, this could be coming handy… unless I use the caltrops instead. Ahh choices, choices ! ". He lets out a small, wry chuckle at their predicament and looks hopefully towards their group's casters. "Maybe magic will win the day", he thinks to himself. " Or then again, maybe not."

Out of Character:
Not sure if Velon's mental link is still active. If not, let's assume all this common knowledge about their strategical options is just a conversation Jack is having with himself.

Attached Image Edited: AshDrunbar on 29th Jul, 2017 - 4:44pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 408

Poppo's eyes widened as the duergar sprung their ambush. He nodded when asked about Grease and set to casting while he moved over to the western wall to have a better vantage point in the two groups of attackers.

Out of Character: : posted action and move positions to map.

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 408

Poljen curses as the duergar appear both in front and behind, as well as in the room to the east. Cratol begins to move to the opening to the west as Fay and Jack give a succinct analysis of the situation. The rangy barbarian nods and yells back to the following group.

"Run for it! The narrow hall reduces the number that can fight at any time! Cratol, come, let us charge the group ahead of us! I fear Fay and Jack are right. Down that way lies something much worse!" He turns and starts barreling towards the eight or so duergar who now stand directly between the group and their ultimate direction, practically diving headlong into his battle madness.

Out of Character: : Currently in N13 of the map (Love the system by the way), he can move 40 feet to N5. Bonus Action is obviously to Rage. If the duergar have a higher Initiative and move first, they would be in melee, but I am going to do my rolls as if they are not, so first round he will shoot twice with the Masterwork Longbow (Maybe we will have to hand that off to one of the new guys since they might get more use out of it… assuming we survive). If it ends up being melee, just add +1 to the Attack rolls, and +2 to the Damage rolls. Including generic save roll. Please add any appropriate modifier.


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.