Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 409 of 1199

Oswald pulls an arrow and begins to nock it - Page 409 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Jul, 2017 - 4:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

28th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256479
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 409

Cratol will stop going to where he was and join Poljen in heading towards the group that was ahead of us.

Out of Character: He will move at his full speed and attack using the rolls already posted.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay starts to sing a song of heat and aims it at a Dwarf's chainmail that lie in the path in the direction they are travelling. He target the second rank, if possible so neither Poljen nor Cratol accidentally come in contact with him. If not he'll target the one on Fay's far left in the front rank. As a bonus action he sings a song of barbarians crushing all before them. He moves towards the Dwarves that Poljen and Cratol are charging, but not as fast as they do.

Out of Character: He'll cast this at 3rd level. With his bonus action he provides Poljen a bonus d8. He'll wait until next round to unsheathe his Sun Blade. I hope I didn't mess up by having him wait.

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Jharen signals to Oswald, Geoffroy and Velon to gather towards the entrance of the eastern corridor: " Come this way, we four should be able to hold up this lot long enough for our 'burlies' to punch their way north… And also, I'm curious to see what makes that clanking noise, only maybe not from too close ! ".

He winks at Oswald: "Oz, y'reckon we could set up a bit of a 'tripper' for our opponents here ? If only we can get them to charge ahead, with you and me hiding on each side of the corridor we may be able to get that first line of attack to stumble. I have these which can come in handy… " he shows his comrade his bag of ball-bearings, "... Or there's always the old tighten-a-rope-across-the-way-and-trip-the-dwarf option. Whatcha think ?".

Attached Image Edited: AshDrunbar on 29th Jul, 2017 - 9:23pm

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 409 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia's heart seems to stop for a minute as she knows that they are caught in a trap. Seeing what everyone else is doing she knows that the corridor behind them is unguarded. " Mari, join the others up ahead. We must break through as soon as possible. "

Mari starts to argue but Lia insists. " Go now. They will need all the help they can get. We must get out of this trap. I'll be fine. " Mari frowns at this but joins the advance party. She tries to hide at the edge of the tunnel to ready a surprise attack. Her eyes glitter as she waits with drawn swords.

Lia swallows in nervousness as she realizes the severity of the situation. They must hold here for just a moment. She purses her lips in thought. A grin crosses her face as she gets an idea. She reaches out towards the ground between her and the advancing Duergar. Tremors can be felt in the ground. She then calls out " This elf is no easy meat. May Sune consume you all. " She stretches her rod out towards the incoming Duergar and lightning flashes out towards them. She speaks loudly to her companions " Bring the light of day to this place. They fear the darkness. " A savage grin is on her face.

Out of Character: : She will concentrate the bolt at the biggest mass of them. I'm assuming that the Duergar are visible behind our group as well. If not then I will need to do a little editing *wink*. She will use the thaumaturgy cantrip to produce the tremor effect.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 29th Jul, 2017 - 10:39pm

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2017 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: : I realize I used the wrong die for damage, but those rolls are pretty atrocious. I wouldn't even burn the Inspiration on either of them, if Fay's Initiative was high enough Poljen had it during his actions. So two arrows fly by the drow, and he readies his sword and shield…

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2017 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Velon sees all that is going on and agrees the left hall must be a trick. He likes the notion of only defending one passage and punching through in the direction they need to travel. For now he'll fall back to the center of the intersection so he can keep an eye on all of his companions. He does not want the dwarves to get in behind anyone and cut them off. He readies a melee attack at any dwarf entering this room.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2017 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 409

Silas speaks up, "Jack, Oswald, I can hold this, help the others punch through to the north or defend from the south, whichever is more needed."

Out of Character: waiting on actions from Oswald, Jack, Geoffroy, and Elyria.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 30th Jul, 2017 - 3:58am

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2017 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 409

Oswald pulls an arrow and begins to nock it when he hears Amber Jack's plan. The look that he glares at Jharen is something akin to; "Are you mad?" He shakes his head and shrugs; "Okay, but you better have a damn good plan to get us out of here when they start to overwhelm us."

He hurries across the intersection. "And one a lot better than that rope trip idea. They are Duergar; all it would take is one of them going large and they'll snap the trip and flatten any ball bearings."

He puts back the arrow and suddenly gets lost in thought. "Unless we tied the ropes to pitons; there would have to be four, two high and two low. We could make a net, of sorts, with ropes; while tying swords every few inches or so. We would have to nail a grappling hook to the wall as well; that way it can help support the weight of the rope and blades, just wrap the ropes around the hooks. It would have to be about 30 to 40 feet down this corridor; that way there will be enough momentum from the farther back ranks to push the front ones into the blades. That would definitely tangle them up as well. But would we be able to build it in time?" Oswald spits out the trap plans at an incredible speed, almost as if he was not conscious of his words.

He turns to Jack, shrugs and says; "I guess failing that, we attack the ones in the front and hope for the best." Hearing Silas' words he asks Jack. "What's your thoughts?"

Out of Character: Would it be possible to build the trap in time with me and Jack working on it together and Silas holding the line? If so, what kind of check, if any, should I make?

Items that I have to make the trap; 50ft rope, grappling hook, pitons, hammer, dozens of Duergar weapons, two rogues, and a prayer to Lathander.

If not then I will shoot L34 with Guiding Bolt and then next turn cast Burning Hands on squares L, M, and N 14; or a similarly appropriate spots in that area.

If the group is mobile I will stick with them, using my bonus action to dash if necessary.

Movement: I will move to M11.

[By The Way], how do I make comments on/for the map?

Attached Image Edited: Robertreaper on 30th Jul, 2017 - 5:08am


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.