Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 410 of 1199

Poljen bares his teeth, growling at the shorter - Page 410 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 31st Jul, 2017 - 2:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

13th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 258498
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2017 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 410

Out of Character: I'm going for a nice hike today. I'll be in and out of coverage. I'm posting Fay's next round actions. [By The Way], did y'all see the pitiful heat armor rolls?!? I rolled a generic save too. Parrying stance provide +1 to his armor.

In Character: Fay maintains his concentration on heating the armor of the one dwarf. He draws his Sun Blade, unleashing the light of the sun and closes the distance to the dwarves, catching up to Cratol and Poljen. He attacks any dwarf that is uncommitted. Afterwards, he gets in his parrying stance.

Attached Image Edited: Abnninja on 30th Jul, 2017 - 12:39pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2017 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: : Lia will move 10' away to N22 after casting lightning. She wants to buy herself a little time and get a good angle for the next lightning bolt. I have to admit… after having her be hit by lightning several times in the previous adventure it is a lot of fun to send it back to the enemy now *wink*. Best of wishes to the Duergar with those big metal shields.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 30th Jul, 2017 - 1:20pm

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2017 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Jharen scratches his head and nods, somewhat baffled at Oswald's rapid-fire delivery of his scheme. As Silas offers to hold the southern side of the corridor and he sees Velon getting into position as well, he just shrugs and says with a grin: "That trap sounds amazing. Remind me to try it on at some point if we ever survive this. As for now, seems like Goldie Claw and Fire Beard got the situation under control. I say we try to get into the tangle ahead, where we might be more needed… ".

He smirks ferociously and unsheathes his rapier, sliding off towards the north, his body doubled down to follow the contours of the eastern wall and stay as unnoticeable as possible.

Out of Character:
Stealth along the eastern side of the northern corridor until he can land a sneak attack on any opponent on the northern line.
I'll make the changes necessary on the map, question being: would Jack have to move at Stealth speed the whole time (Which I believe is 2/3 of normal speed, which in his case corresponds to about 20' - so 4 squares of 5' each, correct ?), or could he realistically do a dash action of 30' on the first round, then approach at sneaking speed along the wall on round 2 ? Also, is the northern Duergar line moving at all or are they keeping their positions ? Oof, many questions but yeah: good thing we have that map ! Neat idea.

30th Jul, 2017 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 410 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy will use his Daylight spell and then Scorching Ray, after moving with Lia and the others to a better position. He will this time warn about casting such a blinding light, if he can, to one with cursed goggles, but otherwise make sure it catches as many grey dwarves as possible.

Specific Action: Cast Daylight, then make use of Scorching Ray or healing if it is needed.

Out of Character: Still, not feeling very well so I am heading to bed. That should be enough actions for a couple of turns, though he can also provide healing and immediate attention to whoever is badly hurt. Passing leadership to Lia I guess.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 30th Jul, 2017 - 11:11pm

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Initiative on D20 (+0): 10 (1 roll)
  • Scorching Ray (Attack) on D20 (+3): 14, 8, 6 (3 rolls)
  • Scorching Ray (Damage) on D6 (+0): 2, 1, 4, 6, 4, 1 (6 rolls)
  • Cure Wounds on D8 (+3): 8 (1 rolls)


Post Date: 31st Jul, 2017 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Oswald casts a spell, and a beam of light strikes out, but it sails well over the head of the advancing dwarves. Poljen's luck fares no better. His arrows bouncing off of the shields.

The rear group moves north, Lia flagging a little behind to unleash lightning back towards those behind. One of them in the rear topples over and lies still. The rest of them double time it north, filling in the corridor with a shield wall.

The duergar to the north do much the same, locking their tower shields to form a solid barrier, broken only by small slits, most of them with a polearm of some kind poking through. They advance until they meet Poljen, Fay, and Cratol, who had run ahead of the rest.

The area brightens considerably as Geoffroy casts Daylight in the intersection, and the formation to the south slips and struggles a bit over Poppo's patch of grease. Fay causes one dwarf to fall out of formation when he casts Heat Metal.

Meanwhile, the duergar to the east part as a pair of heavy figures move forward, then charge. At first glance, they look like bulls in plate barding. A second glance shows the plating to be a part of their form. Silas raises his hand and a shimmering field of energy springs up, walling off the eastern passage. The bull like things skid to a clanking halt, and breathe out a plume of what looks like grey dust, The dust recoils off of the force wall, curling back around. Silas says, "Gorgons? They have tamed Gorgons? I'd not have thought it possible."

Out of Character: Teal squares on the map indicate the force wall. The Red 'D' is the guy struggling with heat metal. Those facing the shield wall in the north need to make athletics checks, as the dwarves there are trying to forcibly shove you backwards. You will be moved or stand your ground as a group, so everyone needs to do well. Source 8r.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2017 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Lia frowns worriedly as the dwarves press in closer. She is wondering how they will hold when daylight fills the corridor. A grin splits her face. " None pass here. Not one. Hold. " She closes her eyes for a moment then laughs. " I'll be back. " Lia removes her broom from her back and jumps astride. She races ahead over the duergar. Lia pivots as she reaches L31 and casts lightning bolt into their massed ranks again. She will cast it at an angle to her right where it will end up hitting the wall after plowing through Duergar and not her companions.

Mari will race north to help her companions. She will use her move and cunning action to dash up beside Cratol and will try to help them in their desperate attempt. She will swing wildly with a short sword.

Out of Character: : She will cast it at level 3 again. Lia will fly as close to the ceiling as possible to stay out of melee range.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 31st Jul, 2017 - 2:11am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Jul, 2017 - 2:21am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 410

The Quiet Shadow says...

Elyria will also prepare to help where she can, though her brother is quick to say, "Stay close, and try to avoid getting hurt." Still, Geoffroy didn't say she could fight if his sister wants to.

Out of Character: Also, I offer that the Dungeon Master have her act or cast whatever you feel appropriate for Elyria. SInce you have her stats and character sheet on hand.



Post Date: 31st Jul, 2017 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 410

Poljen bares his teeth, growling at the shorter foes before him, then lets loose with his high-pitched cry, "Hya!" as he once more attempts to lay into the dark dwarf before him.

Out of Character: : Attacking twice of course, and rolling Athletics, fortunately w/Advantage… and assume his eagle is flying about somewhere behind him 15-20 feet. He will not yet call the animal into fighting, unless things look really grim.


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.