Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 415 of 1199

Seeing the dwarf in front of him go down Fay - Page 415 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Aug, 2017 - 2:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

18th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 255173
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 3:54am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 415

Jharen looks admiringly at Mari's skill with her twin short blades as he thrusts his rapier towards their common enemy.

Out of Character: thanks for the heads-up on the advantage roll, Kyr. Still not getting used to this new 5e combat system… so here's another roll for Jack's advantage, in case the last one wasn't enough.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2017 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon growls in frustration at his missed strike as he knows they don't have much time. He hear's Lia's words and knows he must move now.

He strikes at the dwarf in front of her (L25, or M25 if L25 is dead) with green flame blade, hoping to free her up to move and that the splash damage will take down the adjacent dwarf.

Hit or miss, if two or more dwarves are still standing he'll quicken another green flame blade strike at the left-most dwarf of the three, whichever that is.

The Dungeon Master mentioned that 2 of the 3 looked extra crispy, leaving one healthier dwarf. If he targets that one with either strike based on the above conditions, he'll call upon extra power from his god to Smite the dwarf.

If the L25 and M25 dwarves have falled by now, Velon will say "Let's Go!" to Lia and move North to K21, ignoring the potential dwarf still at N26 and risking the opportunity attack.

Out of Character: So Daishain, basically Velon is just sweeping left to right (L25,M25,N26) trying to take out at least two dwarves before moving, smiting the healthier dwarf if possible. Sorry for all of the conditions, but in going last I don't even know if L25 is still standing, which is the one dwarf that looks healthier, if he'll need to swing once or twice, etc. Kind of attacking blindly here. Will roll concentration again in case he's hit this round. Thanks!

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2017 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

If Cratol is revived back to consciousness he will lash out with his feet to trip and damage the Dueger closest to him so that his friends have more advantage when attacking. Since he will not be using his staff he should get a full four attacks this round.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2017 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 415 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Round Four

Radiant light washes over Cratol and the dwarf before Oswald, though the results are dramatically different. Cratol finds life returning to him, while the dwarf screams. Poljen takes down his target, as does Mari after Jack distracts it with a flourish. Fay manages a series of rapid strikes, bringing down both the one before him and the one Oswald had harmed before. The shield wall utterly collapses, and the dwarves behind it rush forward, they manage to score strikes on Fay and Oswald.

Fay can now see that the dwarf he'd afflicted with Heat Metal has fallen, and he is cooking a corpse. Silas calls out to Poppo, "Here, use this on whatever steps through that circle!" He tosses a slender wand towards the halfling and steps towards the magical emanation.

Lia heals Velon, and burns the dwarf before her. Velon in turn strikes out twice with flames dancing along his blade. All three of the dwarves there fall in near unison.

Cratol kicks out, scoring a hit, but he is struck down again immediately afterwards, the dwarf who brought him low strikes with his axe again, in apparent irritation that he'd gotten up.

Meanwhile, Poppo and Geoffroy do what they can to secure the summoning circle, as the area is greased and enflamed.

The circle flares, and a tall figure appears. Massive wings frame a large body. In its claws it clutches a long chain with short blades along its length. Source 3s

Silas shouts to everyone, then to the new arrival, "Devil! Don't use fire! Come on you ugly lizard, face me! I've trampled Lemures more fearsome than you!" The devil chucks flame at Silas, but he deftly avoids it. "Is that all you can manage! Pathetic!"

[Cratol is downed again, with 1 automatically failed death save to start him off. Fay took 12 damage, Oswald 8. Poppo can assume to have collected Silas' wand on his way to the far corner. Battlemap link Source 7s]

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2017 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol goes back to dreaming of his scantily clad dancing girls once again. At least he did something for a bit there *smile*.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2017 - 4:14am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Poljen grunts heavily as yet another dark dwarf falls before his blade. He sees another stepping forward to face him, and he is about to welcome the creature with enchanted steel when something catches the corner of his eye. A quick glance south and he sees a large winged beast. The part of him that revels in the glory of battle is tempted to break from his current opponent and go face the impressive monster. But deep in the recesses of his mind he knows this is not why they are here. They seek a much bigger foe in the end.

"Lia! Geoffroy! Velon! Protect Silas from that thing! But save some for me, eh!" He then swings at the dwarf that is coming to die at his feet…

Out of Character: : We will go with Reckless again. No need for the Athletics Check, right? I will include a generic Save though....

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2017 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 415

As the duergar in front of her falls, she notices the summoned demon behind them. Fear drives her onwards now. She lunges towards the side of the duergar that is fighting Fay.

Lia grins at Velon as all three of their opponents fall at once. Her grin drops quickly as the huge demon is visible now. " Velon, uh.... " She looks terrified as she wonders what to do. Her sword falls to the ground with a clatter. Gritting her teeth she forces herself to calm down. She reaches to her waist and pulls out her wand again. Mounting her broom she flies to the right hand corner and unleashes a torrent of lightning against the fell creature.

Out of Character: : She is moving to O22 for a clear shot. She is casting it at level 3 again She only has one bolt left. :(Mari will stay back which will allow Jack a spot to jump in and attack. She has no wish to emulate Cratol's actions and charge into the middle of them.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 5th Aug, 2017 - 1:54pm

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2017 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 415

Seeing the dwarf in front of him go down Fay strikes quickly at the dwarf in front of Oswald, taking him square in the chest as his attention is centered on Oswald. The dwarf slides off Fay's steel and Fay grins at Oswald. He is rudely reminded there are more of them as another dwarf steps up and delivers a glancing blow to Fay. Hurting his pride more than his body, Fay moves to attack the grey dwarf with both his sun blade and his other scimitar. He smells as well as sees the dwarf he's been concentrating on is dead, so he drops his concentration. Afterwards, he gets in his parrying stance. He sings a song of healing to Cratol, hoping he can revive his friend and then sings a song of a monk leading an army to take a keep, a long lost ancestral home. One he'd been working on for days. If he drops the foe in front of him he will immediately step into the gap created.

Out of Character: +1 to AC thanks to his parrying stance for his reaction. Fay provides a d8 to Cratol for inspiration. This can be used for saves too. He casts Healing Word at second level as his bonus action.

Attached Image Edited: Abnninja on 5th Aug, 2017 - 5:24pm


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.