Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 485 of 1199

Jack listens to the plan and nods, adding - Page 485 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Sep, 2017 - 4:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

09th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 6th Sep, 2017 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 485

Jack gives Zarra a inscrutable look before commenting: "Never you mind about the mask: it's important to our employer and we're stealing it, that should be all you need to know for now, no offense meant waelin abbil*... ". He looks across from Zarra to Oswald before continuing: "As far as a stealth mission, there is none better qualified that this fine gentleman here… only maybe leave your Accursed Goggles out of it this time", he winks at his old comrade-in-theft before finally turning towards Poppo and Lia: "You two know more about magic and otherworldly powers than any of us here, now that Golden Claw's gone off to tease his tar-colored buddies. Tell me, I remember meeting an old illusionist that mentioned something about turning rock into mud… Anyone here knowledgeable with that sort of trick ? I was thinking of using that on our stony opponent's feet, unless… ".

Suddenly the rogue's eyes sparkle with mischief as he turns towards their hobbit Spellweaver:
"Poppo", Jack says, suddenly cool as the night wind, "Remember that Grease spell of yours ? Now, let's imagine we can get the Golem to charge. To charge… say towards the castle battements… or towards a deep, muddy ditch our lizard friends would have previously prepared for him… or anything like a sticky, muddy, clingy surface… do they have quicksand around here ?".The rogue's face is frozen with concentration as he mumbles to himself, his mind racing, "Basically, if you lot can't destroy it in a direct attack,maybe there's a way to topple it, or push it into a sticky or swampy surface that would neutralize it for a while… ".
Jack looks around at the others expectantly, waiting for the rest of the group to comment on his plan.

(* waelin abbil: 'young friend' or 'young trusted one' in drow… Jack doesn't speak it, but let's just assume he knows the basic chat-up lines in a number of strange and cryptic languages, from Dryad to Female Stone Giant… and of course Drow !).

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 6th Sep, 2017 - 9:39pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Sep, 2017 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Since I do not wear armor I can usually sneak around too. I am not the best at sneaking but you will not hear any armor chinks with me."

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2017 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poljen says, "A fine idea… if it ever comes outside. My money is on it staying inside, where it stands guard."

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 485 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Amillë, and me? I can be of use in both places methinks. Me swords will both work against this golem, and that would help greatly methinks. On the other hand, I can be stealthy when required and I have a talent to make plants grow in a wide area. That would slow down our enemies a bit. 'Tis the groups call where ye think I be most useful."

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: : Poppo will make an arcana check to see what, if anything, he knows about stone golems.

In Character: : Poppo rubs his chin as he thinks about what he might know about such creatures. He is in the process of recalling when Jack mentions the Grease spell idea. "Aye, that could work. If we had a big pit or trench dug maybe it would be stuck in there and we could get past it. That is unless it can fly. Wouldn't that be something? A big stone giant thingie cruising through the air. Beautiful and terrifying."

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lia looks hesitant as she thinks further about the situation. " We need to make a slight alteration to the plan. Everyone should go in through this secret tunnel together. Poljen, Velon and I will engage the Golem. " Ionneg, you are needed more in the theft of the mask. They might have need of your various abilities. The rest of you will sneak by and get the black dragon mask in addition to rescuing the lizard folk. The priority task is the mask. Get that done first. We will take out the Golem and send for the lizardfolk. You will most likely need help with all of the cultists in the keep. " We are counting on the three of us distracting and disposing of the golem. If we are unable to clear a passage then the whole party will join in for a turn or two to help us weaken it. "
She looks to Snapjaw and then back to the group. " That is a good idea about taking some lizard folk to infiltrate with you. We can speak to Snapjaw about that. "

" As to letting Snapjaw know the way is clear.. Mari… take my broom of flying. You need to observe where the lizard folk will be waiting. Use a command word and the broom will fly to that spot. When he sees it then he will know to join in the attack. I will give you another word which will cause the broom to return to you. This will give us time to finish off the golem and won't compromise your stealthy entry. " She leans close to Mari and whispers a couple of words to her then passes her broom to her. Mari nods in understanding and grits her teeth in determination. " This avoids any issue with lack of windows Poljen. If it is possible you can send your eagle as well. We will warn Snapjaw to watch for either. Does this sound workable?"

Out of Character: : Sorry everyone. I had the impression that there was another secret way in.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 7th Sep, 2017 - 3:09am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 485

Cratol nods in agreement and readies his stuff for his trip into the stronghold. He looks to Faevalor as it looks like they will be working together to claim the mask.

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 4:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 485

Jack listens to the plan and nods, adding as an afterthought: " We'll need to sort out which of us have the actual capability to hurt this magical construct. I, for one, am out of the game: no magic weapon available, just this trusty old blade… ", he weights his finely decorated rapier in a gloved hand before continuing: "But we should send some of us scouting inside that tunnel anyways before coming up with a workable assault plan… maybe we'll notice something of strategic value while in there… just let's not awake Mister Stonebuns just yet, eh ?".

He smirks at Oswald and Zarra: "Okay, so who's feeling lucky ? And what's the lighting situation in there ? Snapjaw would know… I ain't up for diving into sheer darkness. Again."

He cocks his head to the side and seems to be lost in thought for a second before returning to his senses.

"Oh, and does anyone have the use of some sort of ice spell ? Maybe, with a submerged tunnel and all… we can use it to our advantage against the guardian… ?"

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.