Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 492 of 1199

The din of the battle washes over Poppo as - Page 492 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Sep, 2017 - 6:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

13th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 258558
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 492

Lia hears the din of metal and stone and knows that Poljen is in combat with the golem. She starts to move forward but remembers the plan. " Wait… wait… We will wait just a moment to see if it comes around the corner. If it doesn't then everyone engages it. We will give Poljen a chance to draw it to us first. "

She looks anxiously towards the corner with concern for Poljen evident on her face. She hefts her wand and has it in position to quickly launch a lightning bolt at the golem if it becomes visible to them.

Mari plasters herself to a wall with both swords drawn in case they are needed. She tries to slow her breathing down as she feels fear rising in her.

Specific Action: She will have lightning bolt level 3 readied in the event it comes around the corner.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 10th Sep, 2017 - 2:29am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 3:38am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Round Two

Poljen swings twice, his sword glancing off both times, then retreats. But the golem misses as well, scraping shards of stone off of the wall behind the barbarian.

Lia's lightning bolt smashes through the golem as it steps out around the corner, pursuing Poljen. It is hardly phased however.

It steps forward, and engages the next nearest target. Velon is struck twice, Lia's spell siphoning off much of the impact.

[Velon takes 18 damage, Lia takes 17, updated battlemap Source 3e]

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 10th Sep, 2017 - 3:40am

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 8:48am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

As the lightning bolt hits the huge creature Lia smiles. She knows it was a direct hit. Her smile fades as the behemoth advances as if nothing happened. Doubt begins creeping into her mind.

As the creature hits Velon twice in a row she grunts as pain wracks her. This golem is dangerously strong. Lia realizes that if only the three of them confront it most likely they won't survive. She calls out. " Fall back Poljen and Velon. Remember the grease idea. " She glances at her companions nearby. " This monstrosity is too strong for just 3 of us. Let us try the grease idea Poppo and get it into the water. We all must fight this creature if that fails. "

She holds her shield high and calls upon Sune for healing. Radiant light streaks to Velon healing some of the damage wrought.

Specific Action: She casts healing word level 1 at Velon. She will receive 3 points of healing due to life domain.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 10th Sep, 2017 - 9:07am

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 492 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: Oops, sorry gang, meant to post a move action for round two such that Velon wouldn't get in the way and slow the golem down. Oh well. I'm also starting to think high AC is useless! ;)

Velon was too slow in his retreat, still a bit waterlogged, and reels at the powerful blow of this giant. He once again has that odd feeling that it did not hurt him as it should. He curses his shield for failing him again, "Dodge, she said!" The paladin strikes at the golem in hopes of taunting it further, green flames blazing and holy energy of Bahamut exploding out once again. He is curious to see what may harm the stone man. He then starts to back off quickly hoping the behemoth will continue to follow and that he hasn't cost them a chance at the grease trap. If he can get it to move quickly he will step to the side once reaching the more open area of this room.

Out of Character: Attack with smite and then retreat risking the AOO. Velon is trying to keep drawing it in as Poljen has done and not impede its progress. Hopefully it will even pick up speed on the chase. (I'm eager to try Booming here, but since it has the potential to deter movement I don't want to risk it yet.).

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Turning back towards the advancing golem, Oswald calls upon his God twiceful; summoning down Sacred Flame to aid in purging the construct from this land, as well as asking for Lathander to grant him additional healing aid for Poljen.

He then turns towards Lia and Poppo. "If we can't make him charge, we can at least try to use my net trap to drag it across the grease into the water."

Out of Character: Sacred Flame on the golem. Healing Word on Poljen.

Additionally, how many Lizardfolk are with us (They're not on the map)? We may need their aid in pulling the golem into the water.

10th Sep, 2017 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

The Quiet Shadow says...

Zarra will stealth and move so as to be in a better position to attack from the shadows once the others begin their assault on the golem. She had a fair few doubts that she could harm it, which is way she wanted to help by looking for the mask, but the orders had been by Lia to support the others.

Maybe the drow could always request going ahead, once it was clear whether or not her attacks do anything to the golem to simply bounce off. Still, she somehow doubted the wood elf or a few of the others would agree.

She will need to get a bit acrobatic to get into the right position, Zarra thinking perhaps the neck, back, or shoulders. Still, while the drow had waited to attack previously she would cast true strike.

Specific Action: She when into stealth within the shadows, waited to attack, cast True Strike, and then will try to sneak attack the golem with her daggers.

Out of Character: I can't remember if 5e kept the rules making it show Sneak Attack didn't work against contructs, but I will just play it off that Zarra don't know either. Also, my apologizes, away from computer all day yesterday.

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Initiative on D20 (+3): 19 (1 roll)
  • Attack (daggers) on D20 (+0): 18, 3 (2 rolls)
  • Damage (daggers) on D20 (+0): 2, 12 (2 rolls)
  • Sneak Attack on D6 (+0): 3, 1, 1, 5, 1, 2 (6 rolls)


Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 492

Poljen falls back, but remains closer to the golem than Velon, and attacks twice. This time he is allowing the Battle Madness to truly take hold, though he mutters, "I told you this would need all of us. And I don't see how a creature of stone can drown… "

Out of Character: : Both attacks reckless, and as previously said, falling back, but making sure he is closer to the thing than Velon, so it attacks him. Thanks to the healing Poljen is only down 2, to 71.

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 492

The din of the battle washes over Poppo as everyone seems to move in slow motion and the sounds around him seem hollow and muffled. Finally, the halfling shakes himself out of the stupor caused by the chaos and focuses on the matter at hand. Pulling out a piece of fat he rubs it between his fingers and flicks it into the air towards the golem. A smear of greasy substance appears at the feet of the creature which Poppo hopes will be enough to bring it down.

Out of Character: : Cast Grease on the golems square.


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.