Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 494 of 1199

"Hmm, well I guess I could try fairie - Page 494 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Sep, 2017 - 2:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

23rd June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 259861
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 494

Poppo watches as Poljen rushes past and says, "I guess we are doing this the hard way. I'll try to get to the other side and hit it from the back." With determination on his face, the halfling made his way down the hallway as far as he could without drawing the attention of the golem before someone else had engaged it.

Out of Character: : Poppo moves to N19.

Attached Image Edited: ChristianD on 11th Sep, 2017 - 1:17am

Sponsored Links:
11th Sep, 2017 - 1:33am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Though Zarra is frustrated that she has to do so, the drow approaches Lia and says, "My weapons seemed to just glance off it. I may not be able to directly attack the golem. I have magic missile, and perhaps sleep, but I don't think the latter will do anything." She was honestly uncertain how to help.

Zarra's tone sounded frustrated, the drow looking to the current leader of the Silver Blaze for guidance despite Lia not yet trusting her. She will offer, "I think I could sneak past the golem and continue on, perhaps with whoever else thinks they can do the same, yet I will not without you okay." She understood fully that she wasn't yet trusted.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 11th Sep, 2017 - 1:34am



Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Jack swears colorfully as the Golem turns back towards its original position.

"By Cyric's Puny Warts ! The dang thing is smarter than I thought… Looks like we're in for the long haul, after all."

As Poppo starts jogging down the corridor, the amber rogue calls after him once again: "Any more tricks up your sleeve, Master Hobbit ? I'm out of ideas and short on magic, here… "

Out of Character:
Just checked the grease spell, it is only effective on a 10 m diameter. We would need about 5 times that… so yeah, next idea please.
Daishain, it seems the golem is taking the whole width of the corridor. How likely are we to sneak past in these conditions ? And if we do attempt it, any chance I can use Jack last Stealth roll ? (Seeing it was a natural 20, would be a shame if that went to waste, after all… *wink*).

Attached Image Edited: AshDrunbar on 11th Sep, 2017 - 2:19am

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 494 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: If it turned around don't our front fighters get a AOO? Or advantage on their next attacks?

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: it backed off after the frontliners backed out of its reach, trying to lure it further, so no, no AOO.

As to actually sneaking past, no chance. You can however pass through its square and try to dodge the fists in the process. Its treated as difficult terrain, and I'm going to rule that it gets an AOO if you try.

Edit, in regards to Poppo's suggestion, remember that the lizardfolk were hoping to sneak their kin back out this way.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 11th Sep, 2017 - 2:35am

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Poppo looks back over his shoulder and says, "Try to get around it! Maybe it has a limit on where it goes on the other side too! If it has to protect the hall and we go past it, then we can move on without fighting it."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 494

Lia studies the drow before answering. "We must stay together. You could get trapped by other enemies by yourself like that. Surely you have some innate magic of your kind to cast? "

Hearing Poppo she responds. " It won't help us to bypass this creature. The lizardfolk won't follow us if it is still alive. We need them inside with us. Let's focus and kill this thing. " She directs another lightning bolt up high towards the creature.

Out of Character: : Thomas, she should have Faerie Fire as a drow. I can't think of a much more useful spell than that right now.

Daishain, I assume after this second lightning strike Lia will know if it is having an effect on the golem or not.

11th Sep, 2017 - 2:49am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 494

The Quiet Shadow says...

"Hmm, well I guess I could try fairie fire, though I'm not certain it will help all of us actually hurt it," Zarra says in an uncertain tone, but nods to show her willingness. The drow will move within range of the golem but far enough away to hopefully not draw its attention before casting the spell as she calls to those around her, "Okay, hopefully this helps most of you. Get ready to attack."

Out of Character: That spell is helpful in this situation, though I believe that anyone without a magic weapon still can't attack the golem directly. Perhaps spell attacks, but not physical attacks. Perhaps I am mistaken though.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 11th Sep, 2017 - 2:50am




 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.