Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 560 of 1199

Zarra didn't feel very comfortable - Page 560 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Oct, 2017 - 8:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

28th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256524
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Oct, 2017 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 560

Once his attempt at drawing out the illness failed, he frowned, sensing that the illness seemed to have a bit of magic in it's life threads, resisting cures that should normally have been effective. "I distrust this illness. I've not seen it before, but simple god-granted healing should have been effective against an illness that is considered 'mild'. My own abilities lie far from such power, but my knowledge of the base energies of life balks at the idea that it could resist them. I'd advise you get them to advanced help as soon as reasonable." He rises, turning to the rest of the group. "I know you've come far, so I'll give you some idea of where you've arrived. You are in the heart of the GreyPeak Mountains, many days travel from the mighty city of Waterdeep, on the Sword Coast. My name is Lawrance Smithson, Wizard, who came out here to study the ancient Illuskan ruins of their teleport network. I had no idea it was still active, but I arrived and was balked by the group which you just dispatched, although they were larger when I arrived. Early this morning (It's evening now, in case you were wondering), a masked half dragon stepped through the ring, took about half of the ruffians with her, and traveled South. I had her followed for hours before she arrived in a small village that seemed to welcome her. She then went into a large building and stayed, as far as I am aware. Your compatriot lent me to believe you were interested in her, by the way. I don't know your priorities, but your are more than welcome to borrow my wagon and hires to head back to town with your ill folks, it will allow me time to study what I came here for, originally." With that, he turns to the ruins, pulls out his notebook and, with a smile at the other person working there, begins the study and sketch the device. "Please feel free to ask me anything while I work, but I MUST get started on this." To Poppo, with a friedly smile, he speaks softer "Please, can you tell me what you already know about this device? It'll help my research if I have a head start! The Illuskin network was vast and world-spanning, and if we figure it out, we could literally go ANYWHERE on Faerun!"
Specific Action: Using Religion lore for the disease and cures, using Arcana for the rune circle.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Oct, 2017 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol stands up and walks over to Lia and Velon. Listening to what he has to say Cratol lays a hand on Lia's Shoulder. "Go do what you need to do. I am sure that Faevalor and Jack will recover being cared by your hand and patience. IF you would Go to my home and I will instruct my people to offer you all that you need to make sure they get the help you want to give them."

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2017 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poljen hears Lia's words, and the offer from Cratol, keeping his counsel to himself. He finally says, "Lovely Lia, as always, you do what you feel you must. I for one will pursue our quarry. Our enemy is already far too dangerous as it is. We must cause them trouble where and when we can." He pauses, then tries to smile, but fails. "I hope to see you again soon."

He turns to the mage, Lawrance. "I will pay you to lead me to this town, or at least point me down the proper path. Velon, I assume you are coming with me? Anyone else?"

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2017 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 560 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Yes I am coming too" Cratol will write a short missive for Lia to take to his Keep in the red valley so she will be seen to with her two charges and kept well in his families keep so she can take good care of Faevalor and Jack.

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2017 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon gives Poljen a single nod of the head. He had no question that the Snow Leopard was up to the task no matter how bad the odds got.

"Lawrance, I think it was no coincidence that all of your research and searching led you here on this day of all days. If you want there to BE a Faerun to study and travel to through these gates, we're going to need your help. That black dragon you saw is a major key in undoing all we know of this world, or I wouldn't be asking so much of a stranger. If you look at our group, you will know we're not here on holiday. We are charged by the dragons, and Bahamut himself in my case, to stop them at all costs."

The paladin looks around at the others, including the one with the mask on and the one with the mask on her shield. "We leave our differences here, and we trust one another. Poppo has proven himself. Zarra has proven herself and has taken up a cause that was not hers very long ago. Don't worry, if any here dare betray this group they'll answer to my blade, if Poljen hasn't gotten to them first, that is. It would be a poor choice. The black dragon will soon agree."

Velon looks to Poljen once more with a nod, then to Lawrance for a response to the words of both him and Poljen.

Out of Character: . Still not sure if Velon actually knows the name Rezmir, so I keep refraining from using it.

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2017 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Lawrance rises to his feet with all the serious tones from the newcomers, listening to their statements and requests and ponders the import of their words. Closing his notebook and slipping his quill into the binding pocket, he addresses each, in turn. "Poljen, is it? I am not mercenary enough to ever need to be paid for information, and from the sounds of your conversations, this half-drag needs direct attention, so yes, I will accompany you, as long as we can return here for my studies at a later time. It's been here for centuries, it'll last a few more days." He slips his book into a strapped pocket in his cloak, tucking it away and turns to Velon. "While the introductions for all of you were roundabout from my hearing each of you named by others, Velon, all your dedication to this cause is apparent. I have never shirked my duty, both as a mage and as a seeker of knowledge, to refuse to step in when evil rises beyond safe levels. I have conversed with the metallics before and found much wisdom and information in their words, and trust that any cause they deem just should be mine as well. I do ask that, before we arrive, you grant me ALL the details of this hybrid and her powers, and anything else you've learned in your conflicts with her. Everything is useful. First stop, however, should be back at my camp so I can gather my equipment. Also, what are your plans for those who we are leaving behind? Can you find the settings back to your origin, via the portal, or will you need to travel a more mundane way to the town?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Oct, 2017 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 560

"Trust I just insisted on, so our trust you will have in sharing what we know of her. Thank you Lawrance. Yes, let's get these men back to your wagon, too. The portal is not an option at the moment. What's on the other side is too dangerous for Lia alone with two sick men in tow."

Velon prepares to help Jack and Fay back to their new ally's camp, giving Lia a sad look in the process. He knows it is right for her to leave, but he wishes it was not so.

Out of Character: . Hm, need to think of a comprehensive summary of the mission for the newcomers…

17th Oct, 2017 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 560

The Quiet Shadow says...

Zarra didn't feel very comfortable with accepting someone who worships Mask, a bias that may come to the forefront in the future, but she will defer to the others in trusting Lorairies and leave it at that.

Also, notably, the drow did not justify the challenge of her own mask and hidden appearance with a reply. Instead Zarra will look to Velon before saying, "I will leave it to you then. Given the trust provided me, I cannot demand that it be kept from another." The darkly clad elf will make sure to keep a more attentive eye on her belongings.




 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.