Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 63 of 1199

Sar'ai will also take to exploring - Page 63 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Feb, 2017 - 3:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

20th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 255361
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2017 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 63

Poljen finally sighs aloud. "Does anyone else think the town has at least one spy within its borders? Whomever is behind this needs to know what is going on, and unless they have magic that can get past the magic-barrier-thing, they must have a spy or two here. Maybe someone new to town… "

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2017 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Sar'ai and Cahleth alike detect that the Castellan feels more than a hint of animosity directed towards the half drow, but it appears to be a gut reaction, and fades a bit as the conversation goes on. Neither of the men appear to be duplicitous in what they're telling you.

Cahleth does not pick up on any likely Harper representatives in the town, but he didn't have much chance to check. (The crowd I spoke of was outside. Its just the Blaze, Tallis, Nighthil, and Escobert in this room.)

Elyria and the retainers do not notice much of import while out and about.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2017 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia nods at Poljen. " I agree with your assessment Poljen. Whoever is behind this needs a spy or spies here. They had a spy in Baldur's Gate. I'm sure they have one here. The spy probably has a way of relaying information to their leaders that bypasses this magical block. It most likely is someone new here. If we find the spy then we should be able to pry information out revealing their plot here. "

Lia studies the wall for a moment while she thinks. " In my opinion our first move should be to try to find any spies here. We must blind the enemy. If we can shut off their communication link it will force them to act. Force them into the open. Those are my thoughts anyways. " She studies the rest of the group for their reactions.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 7th Feb, 2017 - 2:35am

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2017 - 3:51am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 63 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol nods his agreement to the idea of looking for spies in town. He will wait for others to decide how they are going to do that.

7th Feb, 2017 - 5:07am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

"I to had considered this," Geoffroy agreed with a sigh, adding, 'For all that has been accomplished and the situation as it is there would need to be spies of some sort." The cleric just wasn't sure where to start.

A certain squire made her appearance, and Elyria locks eyes with her brother before shaking her head. When given the chance she would explain things but the gesture alone would tell Geoffroy that they hadn't found anything notable.



Post Date: 7th Feb, 2017 - 5:48am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Tallis speaks up, "Well, while we wait for the rest of your bunch to arrive, we could start asking around. See if people have noticed anything suspicious. And maybe the mages with you could try and track down this anomaly. I don't know what that would take, but there's bound to be some way."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2017 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 63

Cahleth will separate himself from the group and try some reconnaissance among the people of Greenest. Perhaps visit the town square, local market, a tavern… anywhere he sees a gathering of people.

He uses a combination of eavesdropping and charm to gain any leads, buying a drink or loaf of bread when necessary to break the ice with a reluctant merchant.

He'll also look to invoke his background ability, Safe Haven, should his investigations produce anything. It reads… "As a faction agent, you have access to a secret network of supporters and operatives who can provide assistance on your adventures. You know a set of secret signs and passwords you can use to identify such operatives, who can provide you with access to a hidden safe house, free room and board, or assistance in finding information. These agents never risk their lives for you or risk revealing their true identities.

7th Feb, 2017 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 63

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Sar'ai will also take to exploring the town on her own, though she will not keep anyone wishing to accompany her away. However, before leaving the keep she does request that she be permitted to "Meditate". (She will cast Detect Magic as a ritual)
Sar'ai will also ask where the town's mage might be located to gain further insight as to what may be going on.

Once back out in the town proper, the wizard tells Elanna to fly up and begin looking for that man that seemed to find the arrival of the their company more than a little off-putting. Sar'ai explains to only observe him, if found, and keep track of his movements especially if they lead to a building or other area where surveillance will not be possible.

With that, the half-drow meanders through the town, trying to find areas that may have a more "Sordid" presence in an attempt to locate a fence.

Out of Character: Elanna will be doing some perception checks and Sar'ai will do an investigation check to try and see if there is a part of the town or just a person who seems of ill repute.

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Perception (adv) on D20 (+3): 20, 20 (2 rolls)
  • Perception (adv) on D20 (+3): 18, 22 (2 rolls)
  • Investigation on D20 (+3): 13 (1 rolls)



 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.