Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 66 of 1199

"Hail, Sir Onthar! No need to - Page 66 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Feb, 2017 - 8:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

22nd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 255677
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2017 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 66

The temple of Chauntea is an elegant structure made from light grey stone. A large disc of shining steel hangs above the door, embossed with a blooming violet flower, and a fan of various grains ripe for the harvest behind it. Those of the party who chose to go there are given a warm welcome.

Much of the space within is open and inviting, with sunlight streaming through large windows in the curved ceiling. The place is made to invoke a sense of peace and harmony among those here, rather than trying to overawe the visitor. Alcoves along the wall contain small altars dedicated to a large number of gods who might be considered friendly to the Great Mother. You find that both Sune and Lathander are represented, but it looks as if Waukeen is the most visited among these.

You find that only a few of the priests and acolytes here are capable of manifesting a true divine prayer, and of those who do, only the rector can claim great ability. On the other hand, with or without magic, those here are well versed in the art of healing. However, Lia suspects that they will need guidance to effectively apply it in a wartime situation.

The man in charge here is rector Eadyan Falconmoon. He is a tall High Elf in simple white robes. He bears noticable signs of aging, making him several centuries old at least. Unlike nearly everyone else in town, he has seen the ugly face of war before.

From the clerics here, the party learns what they've discerned about the disturbance. All forms of divination they're familiar with seem to be blocked, along with spells that allow for communicating. They are not sure all of such are dangerous, but they also warn against attempting transport spells. The mage Wellesby tried casting Teleport from a scroll, and the effect collapsed partway through, partially crushing his body. He lives, but restoring his health will take time. He is in the medical ward below where you stand if you wish to speak with him.

The clerics also note that while there have been some odd effects associated with magic rituals, most of them seem to work, even if their swifter counterparts do not.

If asked, the temple's store of knowledge is open to you, you've seen larger collections, but there are books on a wide variety of subjects. The cleric in charge of the archive is a heavily pregnant half elf by the name of Lyndis, the rector introduces her to you as his daughter. She is more than happy to help Onwen or anyone else search for the knowledge they need

Out of Character: Ok, I think we have three splinter groups at the moment. One touring the town's defenses, one at the temple, and one returning from a tour of the town itself, probably rejoining the rest soon. Is anyone remaining at town hall or doing something else?

P.S. Sar'ai and Cratol, you can assume that you easily find out where the rest of your party members are.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 8th Feb, 2017 - 4:32pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2017 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Nyzahr's attempt to track down the source of magic having reached the limit of her skill and knowledge, she decides to let the young Necromancer make his way towards the library and bids him farewell with a curt bow, as she swifly makes her way back towards the fighters near the city walls.

One moment she was standing next to Owen, as he was making his way towards the Temple, the next she is making wide, feline steps in the opposite way.

Out of Character: :
What seems like erratic behaviour is actually grounded in a very real situation… Nyzahr just realized that even though their group made it safely into town, the rest of the caravan is still exposed out on the road. She will reach out to Cahleth, Targul and Poljen and share her conclusions with them as soon as she reaches range to send another one of her telepathic messages with anyone of them (Most probably Cahleth, who is familiar with the process).
If she meets with anyone else from their group on the way, she will relay the same message as well.

Attached Image Edited: AshDrunbar on 8th Feb, 2017 - 4:30pm

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2017 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Upon receiving the message from Nyzahr, Cahleth addresses Targul and Poljen, "Maybe we should go intercept the caravan and escort them the rest of the way here? I think Nyzahr will join us. Might give us a good chance to learn more about the strange creature."

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2017 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 66 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Upon walking in Lia sighs happily. " This is such a peaceful place. I feel that I'm regaining my serenity here. " Lia sees the altar to Sune and grins happily. She kneels down in front of it and prays to Sune for guidance and protection in these dark days. Having completed this she stands up and brushes her knees off. She is glad to see another elf and will speak to Eadyan Falconmoon for a little while.

After speaking with the clergy present she decides to speak with the mage Wellesby. She informs Geoffroy of where she is headed and heads downstairs to speak with the injured mage.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2017 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen grins at Cahleth. "I suggested that just before we entered the town. And it is still a good idea. Let us go!"

8th Feb, 2017 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Sar'ai would have assumed Onwen and Nyzahr, as well as possibly others, would have sought out the strange magic fluctuations coming from the south-west (According to the clock face example of the layout of the city) and thus would have headed in that direction. Elanna has since been flying over head, landing from time to time on roof tops of shops and houses and the such, following her master.
Once around the general area, Sar'ai will once again look to Cratol (If he followed her), "Allow me one moment to focus." The wizard then focuses on her surroundings and reaches out through the weave, trying to "Listen" for the disruption.

Out of Character: Detect Magic as a ritual.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2017 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 66

A young dwarf by the name of Glori leads Lia (And any others who wished to see the mage) down a set of wide and shallow stairs at the rear of the temple. It leads into a corridor with many rooms branching off. You can see runes inscribed in the walls down here. Its a simple enough enchantment you've seen in other places. The magic needs regular refreshing, but it keeps an area free of vermin, dampness, and mildew.

Glori says "He's weak, but should be able to answer a few questions. Just don't agitate him. The magics to fully restore him are beyond us, but we're making progress. Normally, we would send for a healer from one of the larger cities, but as matters stand… "

She leads you to a bed, in which lies a middle aged human man. His left leg and right arm have been amputated, and the remaining leg is in a heavy cast. Only the left side of his chest moves as he breathes. But his eyes are clear as he looks at his visitors.

Poljen, Cahleth, Nyzahr, and Targul exit Greenest along the western road. They don't see any signs of trouble as they travel. About an hour later, they can see the caravan in the distance.

Sir Onthar is worried to see so few of the advance party return, but smiles broadly when it becomes clear they aren't retreating from something.

Out of Character: Brandonfett, I'll need an investigation check for Sar'ai's hunt for the disturbance. In case that pans out, you and Cratol need perception and stealth checks.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2017 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 66

"Hail, Sir Onthar! No need to worry, we are just returning to see you the rest of the way in. Greenest awaits your arrival. It seems to be a nice enough settlement. The others among us are trying to learn what they can about the weave."


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.