Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 747 of 1011

"I'm sure they are, my friend. - Page 747 - D&D / Pathfinder PBP RPGs - Posted: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 7:33pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 2 39 99 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest


Posts: 8083 - Views: 162388 Rating: 10/10 out of 5 Votes
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #
Velon Rodaan
Paladin 4 Sorcerer 5

Leader / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 747

The Flame Wielder says...

"Please do as you see fit, my friend, as always. To me you are a leader here no matter the circumstances."

"Let us take stock of all that is here and then decide, shall we? The scroll is expensive and is a valuable tool. If the hoard is not as we expect, I would hate to use it just for convenience if it can not be easily replaced. Perhaps we can find the item Ignazio and Nikolaos seek too, eh?"

Velon moves and kneels over Zarra. From the look of her and the reaction of others he knows she cannot be revived here. "I am sorry, my friend, for not protecting you. I failed in many ways today, but thankfully this group and our mission are far more important than I alone, and we have won a great victory. We could not have done it without you as we were moments from losing the mask even with your help. We will speak fondly of the drow who was a hero, and ask Faevalor to sing songs of you after we tell he and Lia of your deeds. Rest now, my friend."

He will encourage the group to help place her body in a peaceful position and carry here wherever they go for now before she can be taken off the castle and things decided from there.



Post Date: 19 June 2018 - 4:35 am / Post ID: #

Quote

Sun Tzu Quote "It is the rule in war, if our forces are ten to the enemy's one, to surround him; if five to one, to attack him; if twice as numerous, to divide our army into two." -- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

Daishain
Premium
(+)
Dungeon Master
All

Game Master ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread RPGs PBP Pathfinder / D&D

The Sage says...

Glazhael attempts to snap at Poljen at the last moment, but the blade drives home, and the ragged breathing in the great creature ceases.

Zarra's body is largely intact. If she can be brought to a cleric of sufficient power within a few days, raising her should not be a problem.

The pack with the mask inside is not easy to recover, but eventually it is done, and the dark artifact is once more in your hands.

There are two treasure hoards within these halls. The one down below appears to be the shipments the cultists have been ferrying. Their contents are not easy to discern, as they're boxed up in shipping crates.

The other on the ledge appears to be Glazhael's in particular. Pearls, diamonds, carved ivory, weapons and armor, several obviously claimed in battle dominate the space. Other items don't have much in the way of inherent value, a broken ship's mast, a large boulder are prominant. Based on positioning, you would guess that Glazhael's prized collection is a set of skulls, various creatures ranging from Linnorms to a deadly Remorhaz. Pride of place goes to the skull of a large Bronze dragon. Each piece has its own place. Some of you seem to recall that white dragons do not simply accumulate treasure, they take trophies. Something not taken by force or skill is worthless. It is likely that Glazhael had a tale to tell behind every piece he kept, had he been inclined to share it.

Both hoards are kept trapped underneath a thick layer of impossibly clear ice. Melting or cutting it all out will take a very long time.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 2nd Jan, 2018 - 6:37pm



Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #
Velon Rodaan
Paladin 4 Sorcerer 5

Leader / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 747 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Flame Wielder says...

"Lawrance and Poppo, can we leave you two in charge of clearing all of this ice? This is not to say that you cannot ask any of the rest of us to help or that you cannot come join us for some food and rest of course, simply that you help take charge of the project in general and figure out what it will take. I can lend some fire of my own, or we can build a bonfire near the non-flamable treasures. Whatever you think is best. We'll likely need you to visit the control room and help us land our new prize, anyhow."

Velon will take the mask and insist on carrying it once again with the passing of Zarra. He will gladly discuss it if anyone objects, of course. He will also address Poppo once more briefly. "Well done as always, my friend. Neat trick getting to the balcony, however you did, from behind that ice wall! I will carry that mask and, in case we are not near one another in the coming days, do you mind if I keep the scroll with it? I don't anticipate more cultists climbing from the depths of this place to thwart us, but you never know."



Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Gknightbc
Premium
(+)
Lawrance Smithson
Wizard 9

Novice / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Dedicated says...

Lawrance addresses the issue of releasing the various encased items "After we've rested and healed as best as possible, Poppo and I can summon some fire elementals to aid in the removal of all this ice. That should make inventory fairly easy, hmm?"
Out of Character: : How long would it take for elementals to melt all the ice?



Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #
Velon Rodaan
Paladin 4 Sorcerer 5

Leader / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

The Flame Wielder says...

Daishain, what are the groups options for contacting Silas after all of this? Not sure if we can do so once landing near Cratol's home, have to go back to Waterdeep, etc.? I don't recall if we had a plan or instructions from him on that.

For newer players, Silas is a gold dragon, often appearing to us in a human form. He is the one who sent us on this quest for the mask to help thwart the evil dragon cults. We were fortunate to quest with him briefly through the undermountain to get to where we are now. He then went off with his mate to keep evil black dragons busy so they would not oppose us in our current quest. He is old, wise, and powerful and will likely provide the party guidance on both immediate concerns and any future quests to help stop the cult.

On a more personal note Velon spent some time with him alone here and there since Velon is also aligned with the gold dragons and considers Silas his mentor. (Velon received his sorcerous powers from a dying gold dragon, is of the gold dragon sorcerer archetype, and receives his divine powers from Bahamut, all despite being human.).



Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Kyrroeth
Premium
(+)
Lia Galanodel
Cleric 9

Follower / Mop Up
Character Sheet ◀
Has 2 Associates
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 747 Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

The Heartwarder says...

Lora suddenly notices Cratol slumped on the ice. His injuries don't seem fatal yet. She touches his shoulder and healing energies jolts into his body.

Out of Character: : She cast cure wounds. There you are Cratol *wink*. I thought he had been healed earlier. It's hard to keep up with as many times as he has dropped recently.

Cinder, we need a long rest and then we have the Sending spell if nothing else.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 2nd Jan, 2018 - 6:45pm

Lia Galanodel Results:
  • Cure wounds on D8 (+4): 10 (1 roll)


Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

ChristianD
Premium
(+)
Poppo Hardbottle
Wizard

Novice / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 747

The Diplomat says...

Poppo claps his hands together as the dragon finally succumbs to the party's onslaught. "YES!" he shouts as the creature is finished off by Poljen and he looks at the party with smiles until he sees Zara's body. He is immediately subdued and goes over to her, kneeling by her broken body. "You were very brave, Zarra and you honoured your word."
He ignores the argument going on between Ignazio and Poljen and instead begins to survey the treasure and assess the work that needs to be done as Velon instructed. When Velon speaks to him personally he smiles and reaches into his pack, producing the teleport scroll, "You got it, boss. That escape from the ice was a new spell I learned from the books we got. Pretty cool way to get past the ice. Hopefully, I'll be able to do it more often once I get the hang of it better. Boy, that dragon was a tough one. Are they all like that?"



Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #
Velon Rodaan
Paladin 4 Sorcerer 5

Leader / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder PBP RPGs - Page 747

The Flame Wielder says...

"I'm sure they are, my friend. Ask Poljen and Cratol, they have faced one before, too."

Although he hates to joke too much in the presence of the recently fallen Zarra, Velon does respond to Poppo's words regarding his new spell. "Ha, you're making my 'misty steps' look less impressive. They're still handy none the less. Trying to keep up with you and Lawrance on excellent magical tricks is folly anyhow, it would seem!" He gives his friend a small smile, and looks forward to a time soon when smiles are appropriate again once proper respect has been paid to Zarra, or she can rejoin them.



Guest please SHARE: "Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread" on:

Sponsored Links:

Do you have any Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Tips
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll


No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Dice Options: Need Dice Help?

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread


Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.

Top 20 Posters

World Cup
1. Karate - 13 (13.13%)
2. News - 9 (9.09%)
3. JB - 7 (7.07%)
4. Cinder - 6 (6.06%)
5. Kyrroeth - 5 (5.05%)
6. Susanshadow - 5 (5.05%)
7. Gknightbc - 5 (5.05%)
8. PaulNelson - 4 (4.04%)
9. Dragon - 4 (4.04%)
10. Anronrosby - 4 (4.04%)
Win 125 FP: If you are the Top Poster by 12am GMT (8pm Atlantic) then 125 FP will automatically be added to your account! Other Top Posters get 50 FP! To review or learn more about this feature See Details. To rant about Post count go here: Post Count Rants.
Auto Updated: Hourly.
Next check: 19 Hr(s). 59 Mins.
11. Wizard - 3 (3.03%)
12. Daishain - 3 (3.03%)
13. Opinion - 3 (3.03%)
14. Thomaslee - 3 (3.03%)
15. Seath - 3 (3.03%)
16. Krusten - 3 (3.03%)
17. LitRPG - 2 (2.02%)
18. Nitrixs - 2 (2.02%)
19. Horde - 2 (2.02%)
20. Persephone - 2 (2.02%)

World Issues

USA vs North Korea:
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome? By Yankee 4.9 Days Ago
China vs USA:
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World. By News 5.8 Days Ago
North Korea vs South Korea:
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea By Skeptic 27th May, 2018 - 1:05am
USA vs Syria:
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq? By Opinion 24th Apr, 2018 - 10:56am
Russia vs. Syria:
Syria vs Russia By Opinion 17th Apr, 2018 - 9:54am
Do You Know What To Do In A Nuclear Attack?:
Top  Do Know In Nuclear Attack By News 16th Apr, 2018 - 9:46pm
China Navy:
Chinese Aircraft Carrier
China Navy Beware the new Naval power, they are planning to come on stream with big naval might to match their ground forces. Chinese Aircraft Carrier - Chinese Navy By Chaser 10th Mar, 2018 - 3:09pm
North Korea Military:
Discuss  North Korea Military This Thread is about the North Korean Military itself - the kind of army, navy, and air force they have. By Wizard 15th Jan, 2018 - 9:36am
Japan vs North Korea:
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan By Swell 17th Oct, 2017 - 4:17pm
USA vs Germany:
Germany versus U.S.A. By News 20th Sep, 2017 - 3:44pm
China Military:
China Military Technology Preparing For China. China is growing their military. China Military Technology - can it keep up with the US? By Abnninja 5th Mar, 2017 - 5:25pm