Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 755 of 1199

Retrieving the rough book, Lawrance opens - Page 755 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Jan, 2018 - 9:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 5th Jan, 2018 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 755

Ignazio will hang back quietly from the group, smoking his pipe and listening to their conversation. He looks like he doesn't really care, but inside he is pondering the possibilities of these new connections.
I have been wandering a long time and the road is not always kind. Perhaps working for these people will lead to some measure of peace.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Jan, 2018 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

As they walk, Velon tells Silas anything he doesn't already know of the party's current composition. He talks of how they lost Oswald to Rezmir, and that Lia, Fay, and Jack had to depart for a while. He mentions Zarra, one Silas may have already heard of via their contact in the swamp, and of her bravery and loyalty before her fall, and also that they hope to revive her soon via a trip to the city. Lastly he talks of newcomers, Lawrance, Lora, Tazskan, Nikolaos, and Ignazio. Velon tells his mentor that he believes all can be trusted and have interest in the cause, although Lora may have other business and they are still trying to win over Ignazio who is otherwise just in it for the money. He suggests that all should be trusted in their meeting, although perhaps Lora and Ignazio should be given any new sensitive information if they commit to continuing to support he group in one way or another (Even simply as a trustworthy friend they could contact from afar later on.)

Velon asks if all went well with versus the black dragons and that Chasorth is doing well.

At the hearing of the name Protander he tells both strangers "It is an honor, Great Ones" and gives a small bow of the head once again.

Upon request, Velon will produce the mask and hand it to Silas, who he assumes will hand it to Protander for him. It is likely still wrapped in cloth as he isn't sure if even these great dragons can touch it.

Out of Character: For anyone confused, Irdeith and Silas are the same, Silas being the cover name he prefers in human form. Silas is a gold dragon and I believe the other two are metallic dragons as well (I'd have to check my notes). They are just currently in their human/humanoid forms.

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2018 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lora smiles at the newcomers. She curtsies for them." It is truly a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Irdeith. I have done what I could to help this group succeed. My contributions were small compared to what others have done here however. I have never seen courage like this before."

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2018 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 755 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

On the way to the meeting, Silas informs Velon that the dragons were evaded simply enough, they went home frustrated, tired, and empty handed. Chasorth has returned to their home to repair the damage done by the thieves who took the mask.

Later, the mask simply floats out of Velons hands, shedding its wrapping as it goes. It stops before Protanther, who examines it closely without touching it.

He shudders and declares, "It is indeed the real thing, I can feel her trying to reach me. I hope you realize the magnitude of your mistake in allowing the cult to find this Irdeith. As your vault has been compromised, another guardian will be found for the artifact."

Silas simply nods at this and says nothing.

The lady with the nigh unpronounceable name looks at Protanther with a hint of disapproval before addressing the group. "Irdeith and I believe that you should be made aware of the situation. This mask is one of a set of five. After this one was stolen, our sages began looking into the possibility that the cult wishes to use them to free Tiamat from her prison in the nine hells."

"They believe it can be done. One mask isn't enough, but three for certain, perhaps as few as two, could be used to craft a connection between her and the Prime that could shatter her bonds."

"We have also discovered that Severin, the current leader of the cult, found the red mask years ago. The black mask is the only one held by our kind, with it recovered, that leaves three missing. Our sources claim that the cult does not have these three, and that they are putting forth a major effort to locate them."

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2018 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lawrance leans in, interested in the ramifications of the mask's plurality. "So then black, red, white, green, blue - one for each of the Tiamat's heads? And none of them can be destroyed in any way? Any idea what would occur if more than one were brought into contact with others, or even proximity? How long ago did this 'Severin' find the red mask, and would there be a good case for us to try and steal it from him, or would it be too heavily guarded? Any clues to the locations of the other three? We possess a map that seems to indicate all the cultists strongholds accessible by this castle, but we currently are without a suitable power source to fly it.Maybe that map would help things."

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2018 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Silas nods in response to Velon's assumptions of the nature of the masks, "Each grant the bearer unique and powerful abilities. I do not know for certain what would happen if the masks are brought together, but I am confident it is something that should be avoided."

"As to destroying the masks, it can be done, quite easily in fact. The problem is twofold, doing so is likely to be very dangerous to those around it, and unless destroyed in a specific manner, deific artifacts such as this have a habit of reforming, usually where it will be found by those it was intended for."

"As to Severin, he and the mask will no doubt be heavily guarded, but more to the point, we do not know where he is. Does this map show where the stolen goods were being taken?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Jan, 2018 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 755

Velon smiles in appreciation of Lawrance's assistance in explaining all that is going on. He adds "We will be ready very soon to pursue the other masks, with your guidance of course, Irdeith." He gives Lawrance a small smile and nod to hand the ball back to him with regard to showing Irdeith the map and explaining what they have learned.

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2018 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 755

Retrieving the rough book, Lawrance opens it up to the maps and shows where the original destination was "Here in this range is where we assume they were taking the loot. A place they called the Well. Considering the speed and distance, it's most likely they used this castle often to haul goods one way. Perhaps troops on return journeys. The Illuskan teleport matrix was how Rezmir arrived near me in the mountains and the castle landed about a day away at a fortified village they controlled. Yet another place we need to clear out as we go, also. I still would like to learn more about that matrix, one day." He sighs.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.