Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 772 of 1199

Velon's smile grows as Senior Ranger - Page 772 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Jan, 2018 - 7:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 16th Jan, 2018 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 772

Cratol leaves the flying fortress and returns to his keep. Upon entering his keep he tells the guard that he is not to be disturbed. He wishes a good night of sleep before we take off in the morning.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Jan, 2018 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

It has been an interesting few days, but one morning, to the amazement of Redcliffe's citizens, Castle Skyreach once more takes to the air. Nowhere near a full crew complement, the group did manage to find and hire a few people ready to maintain the place. That includes a pair of hunters who have been hired to act as wall guards. Not nearly enough for good security, but better than nothing.

Flying through the night, the castle nears Citadel Adbar in the late afternoon on the second day.

In a valley surrounded by snow and ice covered mountains, a massive construction of stone and metal reaches for the sky. The spiked towering edifice is built for war, and has endured orcs and worse for millennia. A thick plume of dark smoke spirals upwards from the main tower, evidence of the ongoing work performed on hundreds of dwarven forges below.

To avoid causing too much alarm, Castle Skyreach is landed several miles away. The group is greeted almost immediately by one of the citadel's patrols, heavily armed human mercenaries hired to range the lands above. One of them rides forward, covered by his companions "In the name of King Harbomm, identify yourselves and your purpose here."

Lia and Mari, having been in contact with the others via spell, know their companions will be returning north shortly, on a flying castle of all things. Fay and Jack are recovering from the magic resistance illness, but it will be quite some time, a month at least, before they'll be able to participate in the group's usual exploits once more.

And so, the pair ride northeast, towards Citadel Adbar. They are not far away when they see the castle described to them descend from the sky. It lands a few miles away.

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2018 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Cratol is at the gate when we land and steps forward. "I am Baron Stormcaller from the Redcliffes. We come in peace and wish to trade in Abdar. We did not wish to cause a lot of alarm as most do not know of us and our use of this skycastle. And who are you may I ask?"

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2018 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 772 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Watching from a gatehouse merlon, Lawrance listens to the conversation, observing the manner, dress and motions of the group below. Having pocketed some of his available funds, he is dressed for trading in the markets, looking forward to haggling.
Out of Character: : Looking to commission a chest for the Secret Chest spell, while in town.

Out of Character: : Dai, what kind of value would spell books have, to sell? We have the Swamp mage book which is not needed anymore, once copied. It contains 17 levels of spells.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 16th Jan, 2018 - 6:49pm

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2018 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon stands in his fully armor and weaponry as the patrol approaches, arms folded. As Cratol introduces himself and states the groups intent, the paladin simply smiles and says "The Baron here has pretty much covered it." "I am Velon Rodaan and some call us the Silver Blaze." The patrol can see the symbol of Bahamut clearly on his tabard and shield.

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2018 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The human in mottled grey and white leathers below salutes you. He says, "Senior Ranger Pell, these men are under my command. I am afraid I do not know the Stormcallers, but I do recall hearing of the Blaze, some tussle with dragon worshippers down south yes?"

He thinks for a moment, then nods, "I will send a man with you to the gates to allow entry, on one condition. That you let me buy you drinks after my patrol is ended, I want to hear the story of how you came to own a Giant's floating castle."

"Watch yourself in Adbarrim. Traders of all kinds are welcome, up until the moment they break the peace or otherwise prove untrustworthy, such incidents are put down swiftly."

Out of Character: to forestall confusion, the Ranger is referencing the group's first major adventure with Greenest, which has become fairly well known.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 16th Jan, 2018 - 7:34pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jan, 2018 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 772

Lawrance gathers with the group after the clearance is granted, ready to head to town and new sights.

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2018 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 772

Velon's smile grows as Senior Ranger Pell speaks in a friendly tone, and grows even further at the mention of drinks. He gives the man a nod but otherwise stays silent with his arms folded for a moment, raising an eyebrow to see if Baron Stormcaller wishes to speak further with the ranger.

Either way after a moment he replies "Very kind of you sir." "We will be of no trouble to you here or while in Adbarrim. When and where on those drinks, eh?"

Velon will also address the group at some point before they leave. "Should anyone stay behind and guard the castle? Should we have Esmerandia hover off the ground by 50 feet or so to discourage visitors while most of us are away? Perhaps the latter idea is enough to keep out unwanted guests."

Out of Character: Ah the joys of worrying about protecting your wealth once you have it. Daishain can we safely assume Esmerandia can/has learned to pilot the castle when we are off questing as previously suggested?

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.