Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 790 of 1199

Velon watches the giant scout fly off, and - Page 790 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Jan, 2018 - 4:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 790

Lia's eyes widen in awe of the amazing sight. Its both amazing and terrifying she thinks. As she joins the others Lia looks for Velon." I really hope that he is friendly. If not then we are in quite the situation. I can fly my broom out to him and try to communicate with the giant. If so I can invite him to land. I don't think he will see me as a threat. What do you think? I don't know what else we can do other than just wait and hope he is friendly."

Mari also enters the courtyard some distance behind Lia. She observes the giant and bird silently while hoping that he is peaceful.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th Jan, 2018 - 1:50pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Cratol, you perplex me, my friend. You seem more comfortable talking to strangers than to your Blaze family here. Perhaps being good with strangers will aid one in becoming a good Baron though, I'd bet."

"Does anyone else speak giant, or have magic to allow it?"

"Lia I fear if he is hostile and you fly up he could strike you down swiftly and you would fall beyond our reach. If he is friendly we may not need to do any more than we are now. I think it is likely he is neither, simply a sentry of the giants here to ensure we are no trouble."

"Everyone be ready for a fight, but do not attack first!"

Velon casts Bless on himself, Cratol, and Lia, just incase.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The little electric sprite comes fluttering back up to Aigdus. He says, "Your request to speak with the elders has been granted, follow me."

Poljen has to run to keep up with the long strides of the sentry, as the man proceeds towards what appears to be a meeting hall.

After a few laps around the castle, the thunderbird simply peels off, and disappears into the clouds once more.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 790 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen dashes along awkwardly, due to the enormous spear riding on one shoulder. "Thank you, Aigdus! I hope my mastery of your language is sufficient."

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Well, that's a disappointment. I would have liked to see such a creature up close. As far as languages go,I could have understood them, but I don't doubt they would have been able to speak Common, at least. I guess we'll just stay up here, looking non-threatening. Do you think he or she was able to see through the cloud shield? Did we look that suspiciously cloud-like?"

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aigdus simply says, "It will do"

As Poljen gets closer, he can see that the buildings here are carved from some manner of pale stone. Every inch of the structures here have been decorated. Much of it with simple patterns, but most of the space is dedicated to various friezes depicting dramatic events. Hunts, battles, explorations into the wild, the heroes of these people are immortalized in the homes they build.

The meeting hall, perhaps unsurprisingly, is large enough to house a village. Massive banquet tables surround a roaring fire. Poljen is directed to a smaller table off to the side.

Apparently the Giants have entertained guests of the smaller races before, as a set of stairs lead up to a platform with chairs, nearly putting the barbarian on eye level with the table's other occupants. A man and two women sit at the other end, each bearing signs of age.

The woman in the center introduces herself and the others. "I am Magda, daughter of Hilda, this is Janas, daughter of Wisor, and Nabar, son of Vumohr. I understand you bear news of clan Skyreach?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 790

For the first time since he proposed this meeting to the Silver Blaze, Poljen feels as if he may have been more foolish than ever. But he also knows the die has been cast, and he must see this through to its end. He carefully lowers the spear to the floor, then bows and greets them. "I thank you, Magda, Janas and Nabar. I am Poljen, son of Nels, the last of the Snow Leopards. I thank you for the welcome, and chance to speak with you." He takes a step back and clears his throat. He pauses a moment, deciding how to begin.

"Aigdus tells me you are aware that Blagothkus and Esclarotta have fallen. I wish to give you what details I can of that, and then give you both good news, and grave news. As Esclarotta was dying, Blagothkus could not bear to be parted from her just yet, so he trapped her spirit in the machine that makes Skyreach fly. But at some point after that, Skyreach was attacked, and Blagothkus fell. The newcomers kept Esclarotta trapped so they could use the castle. These newcomers are what bring me here today."

He begins to pace back and forth a few steps as he tells the tale, wishing either Nikolaos or Fay were there, to at least encourage if not guide his telling of the tale. "They are members of a vile cult, dedicated to the dragon queen Tiamat, and they wish to bring her back to out world. My companions and I, who are known to some as the Silver Blaze, were initially hired by a sponsor to help defend a town under assault. It is a longer tale than that, but I will skip most of it, save to say we ended the life a blue dragon that day!" He grins briefly at the memory before continuing. "Now that we know more, we are fully committed to ending this group, for we do not wish to see Tiamat roam the world. We were chasing a half-dragon who possessed an artifact that they wish to help with their ritual. We followed this creature, Rezmir was its name, to a village, and then saw a flying castle land nearby. To all of us it was an astonishing sight. Never had we seen such a wonder! But when Rezmir entered the castle, we knew we must follow. So yes, we managed to get on board of Skyreach before it left the ground. And oh how we fought! Cultists! Guards! Ogres and Rezmir! We slew the half-dragon, and took possession of the artifact. But we are brave, and ambitious. We decided the cult should be dee-prived? Yes, deprived of this flying fortress! So we did not immediately leave using magic given us by our sponsor. We stayed, and seized control. We killed more guards and a mage, and even a pair of fire giants who were servants of the cult, that Queen Esclarotta told us were no friends of hers. She was friendly to us as we promised to release her spirit once we were done. Then we had to fight and destroy a vampire living amongst the revered dead of Skyreach, and then our greatest challenge. A large white dragon named Glazhael! It now is dead, and Skyreach is, as you know by now, ours. We will keep it as we fight this cult." He pauses again, as he has come to the crux of his journey.

"Queen Esclarotta, before we freed her, had said the storm giants here might be persuaded to join our cause, and help destroy this evil. I have brought Blagothkus's spear as a gesture, but from what Aigdus says, if you do not join us, I should keep it for our fight. So I ask you to commit to our fight! Let us together end the plan for Tiamat's return!" After one last pause he adds, "And if you find my tale too tall to believe, have your shamans speak with the spirits of Blagothkus and Esclarotta. The Queen especially can vouch for my words." He finally stops, realizing that he has probably spoken longer than any other time in his life. And saying more would be simple rambling…

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 790

Velon watches the giant scout fly off, and ponders if this is good or bad. "I imagine they were just ensuring we are no trouble, but, ah, what if that was the scouting effort leading up to an attack? I think this castle is making me paranoid. So this is what it's like to be wealthy, in our own way at least, huh?"

"We should remain vigilant, and could use the training. Man the ballista and everyone else inside immediately at the sign of any more than one of them. Fighting them out here where their impressive bird mounts can wreak havoc is folly. Are you all with me? Any tactical suggestions? Lia, you can send a message to Poljen, correct? If they show hostility we should warn him immediately. Moving the castle is also an option, but we'd have to let Poljen know that too."

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.