Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 791 of 1199

For the first time, Poljen actually looks - Page 791 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Jan, 2018 - 8:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 791

Lia nods at Velon's question." Yes, I can contact him if need be. Hopefully the giant won't be back. One of those is enough. Him returning with more to attack us would spell our doom." She looks in the direction the huge bird and giant went. Speaking softly she says," Indeed it is like being wealthy. Many times it is easier to acquire wealth or a castle like this than it is to hold it. I have faith in the Silver Blaze and our fearless leader Velon though." She grins at him.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th Jan, 2018 - 6:16pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Magda waits until Poljen is finished, then says, "That is quite a tale, but I sense no deception in you, and it does fit with our understanding of events."

Nabar states, "But you have laid claim to something that is not yours. Avenging the inhabitants of Himmelvidde earned you the rights to their personal belongs, along with those of your foes, but not their home. The castle should be returned to the Jotun."

Janas objects, "They have done us a service Nabar, and it seems that they intend to put Himmelvidde to an honorable use. Surely we can defend their claim to it."

Magda nods, "Agreed, though the clans will surely request the return of the honored dead. What say you, Poljen, son of Nels? We can defend your claim to the castle, but you will be asked to meet with others of the Jotun so they can retrieve the bodies kept within."

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Yeah yeah, you are generous with your sarcasm, at least, beauty of Sune." He smiles. "Unfortunately the dragon reminded me I am not fearless. I am still not sure where my suggested tactic of letting Poljen get its attention first ended and where simply my fear of approaching the dragon began, but it makes me uneasy. I have been praying to Bahamut, in my own way, to give me the strength to be truly fearless the next time. It is odd to say, but I hope to face several more dragons in my lifetime, as that is likely what it will take to win this war."

"Anyhow, I apologize, you were busy complimenting me..sort of..?" He grins.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 791 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen shrugs. This particular custom for the dead is not one his people share, but he understands it nevertheless. "I am sure that can be arranged, regardless. And I do not ask you to speak for others regarding the battle with the cult, only this stedding. If you wish time to think it over, tell me when to return for your answer, and as long as we are not busy with our fight, we shall come to both return the dead to you, and hear your answer."

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Magna shakes her head, "If this stedding goes to war, it will not be without the blessing of the ordning. I will however promise to carry your words. So, Poljen, son of Nels, make your case. Why should the Jotun join this fight?"

Nabar stands moves off a ways, and calls his son to him, he keeps his voice low, but Poljen catches the words, "Ask the shaman"

That done, Nabar rejoins his fellow elders in listening to the barbarian.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Poljen frowns, and purses his lips slightly. "Are the Jotun not part of the world? If Tiamat returned and conquered men, and elves, and dwarves, would she not turn her attention to your kind? I recall tales of Jotun and dragons fighting one another over the centuries. Maybe they are simply tales. But for you, and for us, all of the world, to have the best chance to defeat this group, better to fight now, before Tiamat can be summoned. Before they conquer any nation or peoples and improve their standing, and win more to their cause. They already have men and elves and half-dragons among their ranks. They had a pair of fire giants. I fear the idea of them recruiting more. And best of all, we now possess a map that shows several of the locations of their bases. We are hoping to start attacking, rather than reacting to their moves. I for one will enjoy winning more glory as we destroy them. But we will accept all the help we can get. And I can think of no ally we would welcome more than the Jotun."

Out of Character: : In case you need it…

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 791

The elders look at each other for a few moments before turning back to Poljen. Magna states, "Very well, the ordning shall hear of this. I can guarantee nothing concerning their decision, nor how long it will take them to reach it, but it will be heard."

"We do however have one request, the fall and recovery of Himmelvidde is a tale that belongs in our annals. We would have you speak with some of our skalds, and leave nothing out."

Back at the castle, the thunderbird returns, flanked by two more.

They move closer this time, avoiding the fire arc of the two ballistas, and making for the courtyard. The rider of one of the birds drops out of the saddle, hanging onto a thick cable, before letting go and falling the rest of the way. He is heavily armed and armored, but does not move to attack. Instead he calls out in halting common, "We are tasked with verifying the words of one Poljen, son of Nels. Do not attempt to interfere."

If none make a hostile move, one of the other thunderbirds lands in the courtyard, letting off a rather venerable looking giant in ceremonial clothing. He looks around, and begins removing candles, incense, charcoal, and other materials from a satchel he carries.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th Jan, 2018 - 8:16pm

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 791

For the first time, Poljen actually looks uncomfortable. "I will do so. But once or twice I was knocked senseless, and my companions brought me back to my senses, or finished the fight before I came to. If you wish, I can also ask one or two to come back with me to help with the tale."

Out of Character: : He is unsure of himself because he is self-aware enough to know he would be tempted to inflate his own contributions, and maybe give short shrift to others who deserve their glorification, as well. But if they are satisfied with him thus far, he will do his best to tell it honestly, while still tooting his own horn just a bit.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.