Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 795 of 1199

Upon the naming of the Zhentarim, Lawrance's - Page 795 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Jan, 2018 - 4:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 795

Velon doesn't want to ruin the rare experience they just had for the evening, and has had a few oversized mugs of ale, so simply makes a request of the group. "Everyone, would you all join me in the dining hall in the morning at breakfast time? I'd like to discuss a thing or two before we arrive back at the Citadel.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 2:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Observing both the way VElon has been preoccupied and perhaps pensive throughout the feast, Lawrance nods at the request for a meeting. “You’ve something that is of a serious nature we need to know, but it’s not urgent. I will see you at breakfast to learn what disturbs you so. “
With that, he retires for the flight back, satiated in both body from the myriad foodstuffs and in mind from what he saw, heard and read at the stedding.

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 4:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Upon arriving to the city of Adbarrim, Perry quickly finds his way to the Rite of Inebriation with the help of a couple of friendly dwarves. “Well at least the disguise is holding up,” Perry thinks to himself. “I’d like to avoid making too much of a commotion, and fearful bigots often cause the most.”

As he enters the tavern and takes in the ambiance of it all, he begins reminiscing through all of his memories and recalling past performances in these same sorts of taverns. “The customers often change, but this feeling… this feeling is always the same,” Perry takes a moment and smiles to himself as he takes in the sound of mugs clanging, dwarves laughing, and people arguing.

He goes up to the barkeep, “Greetings friend! My name is Penelope and I’m a traveling musician. As you can tell, I’m not from around these parts and I’m looking for a place to perform for the night,” she says, pointing to her mandolin. “If you’ll have me, I’ll gladly perform here for free tonight, tips only. I could certainly use the publicity and hopefully a little coin. I may even bring you in some more business. What do you say?”.

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 5:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 795 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The dwarf running things tonight tells Perry, "I'm sure you're good enough, but we've already booked tonight's entertainment, an Elven girl who has worked here before. She has a voice like an Azati. Perhaps you could play an accompaniment? You would need to ask her."

At the castle, hours pass, and soon enough the sun rises. You're nearly back to the Citadel, but have a few hours left to go yet. People gather up in the dining room for breakfast, and Velon's announcement.

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Perry makes his way over to the staging area to find the Elvish singer. “Wow, she’s quite beautiful. Perhaps she’s single? No, no, this is definitely not the time. I’m on business. Plus, it would be rather awkward given my current appearance,” Perry thinks to himself.

Upon approaching the Elvish woman, Perry says to her,

“Hello there, fellow performer. My name is Penelope, what’s yours? Listen, I’m new in town and looking to get my name out. I’m sure you know how difficult it is starting out as a new musician in a new town. The barkeep told me that you have a lovely voice and that you have entertainment booked for the night, but I was hoping that I may accompany you. Perhaps I could be the opening act? You know, help warm the audience up a bit for the main star? It’s a very popular tradition in human taverns and seems to improve the main attraction for most people. What do you say, give me a shot?” Penelope gives a big grin and extends her hand.

Out of character: Ok here we go, first roll ever! I assume this one is probably necessary.

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Velon rises from his bed roll in control room in the morning with a groan and a bit of a headache. He stands and begins to dress and don his armor, taking a pause to go over and fill his mug from a water pitcher nearby. 'I really should find a room, today,' he thinks. He takes quite some time to finish strapping on all of his heavy plate, weapons, and magical items, all the while pondering what he should say to the group and how it will go over. Eventually, he makes his way down to breakfast to see his companions.

*If anyone is missing he will ask one of the staff to go find him or her, and if there is any trouble with that he will delay speaking to the group and go find them himself. He hopes this will not be the case, but knows some like to keep to themselves.*

"Everyone, a few things have come to my attention with the return of Lia and Mari. We feel it is best for everyone to know for several reasons, honesty amongst our group and increased vigilance against our enemies chief among them. Silas and Mari have been working together to thwart a growing threat of the Zhentarim interfering with our efforts." He gives a pause here expecting reactions at the mention of this organization. "When Mari was younger she had no family and found herself relying on the Zhentarim to survive. Luckily in meeting Lia in Greenest and seeing the path that the Silver Blaze is on and the family we have become, Mari chose the path of doing what is right and true, wishing to aid us against the followers of Tiamat. She has no contact with the Zhentarim now, giving up her communication method to Silas as they worked together to throw the Zhentarim off of our trail in recent days. They currently believe Mari to be dead. I know that the mention of this group will make many of you uneasy. Many of you probably have more knowledge of the group than I, in fact. Know that, first and foremost, I believe in Mari and all she has told us. Additionally, to cover for any lack in my own judgement that could put you all in danger, Mari's telling of the story has been tested with a truth spell and the story has been confirmed by Chasorth and Silas."

"I know that many of you will have concerns, whether they be about the Zhentarim or Mari's past, and rightfully so. Speak now and we will settle it all here, as I would have no one give Mari a hard time later that does not have the fortitude to share their thoughts here and now. I will stand for Mari as she is a member of the Silver Blaze, and any that give her trouble after today will have quarrel with me. I say this to you not as a threat, but as a reminder that I would do the same for any of you that are true to the Blaze and our cause."

"I will say more, but first I would have you all speak your mind."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 795

Poljen is busy downing a large plate of breakfast as Velon begins speaking. He listens, his face displaying a range of emotions. He finally takes a long drink of water from a mug, and his knuckles are white from gripping it tightly. He pauses a moment to choose his words carefully.

"So Mari was working for the Zhentarim when we met her, yes? And eventually decided the Silver Blaze was better for her? I agree of course with that sentiment. But before I say more, I need a few things made clear, please. How long after joining did she break with the Zhents? And why did she not tell us? It sounds as if she claimed to have made her choice when confronted by our dragon friend… "

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 795

Upon the naming of the Zhentarim, Lawrance's mouth purses but otherwise doesn't react. Once Velon finishes his relaying of information, he speaks up."Ah, the Zhents! I've encountered their not-so-subtle attempts at monopolization of trade and markets in many places. Their avarice and ruthlessness is disconcerting, especially when magic is involved. Most of their average street-level crew have no agenda or even knowledge of the depths which the organization will sink to take over anything that earns money. In fact, in most cases, they always seem like an altruistic do-gooder group, helping out the lesser abled and giving them purpose. It's only when you start showing ambition or initiative that you get to learn their deeper, darker aims. I'm not surprised, Mari, that you had no idea of their goals. You would not have reached any level higher than simple pawn without more of a darker side."
"You know what this implies, though, don't you Velon? We will be more of a juicy target as we acquire more of the cult's merchandise. The more targets we take down, the more magic and money we will inevitably gain, and that will attract the Zhents like wasps to sugar. They can, if they choose to, mount a seriously dangerous level of force against us, regardless of our being in the sky or not. Our cloud-camouflage will not hide us from proper use of detect spells, or the successful infiltration of a mole, even with Zone of Truth filtering out the obvious crooks. The Zone can be fooled or avoided. Recall how the Dwarven City we were in restricted teleport items and gateways to protect from invasions, etc.? We need something similar. "
"Perhaps we should regularly employ someone to check for infiltration in the castle, or something similar? I don't have the power yet to protect our new home with magic of a type that would block access or defend against invaders, but I will research suitable kinds of spells and try to get a head start on them. Most magic of that kind takes over a year to make permanent, but I doubt we will have that much time before the Zhentarim come visiting. Until then, utmost care must be taken against taking aboard any new faces."

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.