Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 9 of 1199

The days stretch on and on. In spite of the - Page 9 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Jan, 2017 - 6:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

21st May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 255604
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
8th Jan, 2017 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 9

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy took to riding his horse a bit, just in case mobility would come to be needful, though the pace was slow. Not wanting to wear out his steed, the morninglord would walk or tie the horse to one of the caravans to trail behind so he could mingle with others counting among his own the Silver Blaze.

Elyria kept either with her brother, keeping quite when around strangers and making sure to do what was expected of her as Geoffroy's squire, or with Lia so as to speak with her more privately or simply for the wood elf's company. With so many near, her purchases stayed put away for now, though there was hope she might have some time to use them later.

Yet when Cahleth calls a team meeting, both would gather. Elyria first seeking her brother and going with him to where they would all meet. Still, a bit nervous with so many she did not know nearby, the squire kept silent until in the company of just teh Silver Blaze. It was always bothersome to keep up a somewhat deeper voice and not give herself away.

Geoffroy was the first to speak, offering, "Well I guess that in part explains what you may have been talking with the man the other day." He assumed, not knowing for sure and having some uncertainty still of the excuse given him. Still he continued saying, "I guess we will have more to look forward to during this mission then that which was originally told to us."

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 8th Jan, 2017 - 6:02pm



Sponsored Links:
8th Jan, 2017 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Terror says...

Targul attends the meeting called by Cahleth. He pays attention as best he can but is often caught staring off into space.

As far as the rest of the journey is concerned, he's more than happy to chat with anybody willing to listen and is eager to help out guarding the camp or setting up defenses, as needed. He seems happy just to be able to contribute and be part of a team.

Targul Results:
  • Constitution Save on D20 (+4): 10 (1 roll)
  • Perception on D20 (+3): 4 (1 roll)


Post Date: 8th Jan, 2017 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia's routine varies from day to day. She would ride her horse some days. On others she would walk, easily keeping pace with the caravan. She spends a lot of time talking to the members of the Silver Blaze. Lia has lengthy conversations with Elyria about fashion, art and Sune. She never presses too much about Sune. Lia knows that Geoffroy might intend for her to follow Lathander as he does.

Lia also spends some time speaking with the others. She coaches Poljen about fashion and how he should wear his hair. Lia is trying to instill a little culture in the young barbarian. She speaks often to Geoffroy as well. They share many conversations about religion and different dieties. She doesn't speak a whole lot with Cratol but she tries to keep an eye out for him. Lia has general conversations with the other group members. She mingles with the other travelers in their caravan. The young wood elf is quick to flirt with someone then move on to another group. Most of her time is spent with the Silver Blaze however. In spite of how shallow she might appear, Lia always keeps an eye on her surroundings. She has had a bad feeling about this trip ever since she saw the tails in the market.

When the Silver Blaze is gathered by Cathlen she focuses on what the ranger reads to them. " Thank you for sharing this Cahleth. I shall see what I can find out about this elf. We must assume our enemy has spies and agents everywhere. I have the feeling this will be a most dangerous mission. I would not be surprised if our group is not being watched as we speak. That agent following us earlier was aware of us somehow. . I'm sure they are aware of our departure. Be vigilant my friends. "

8th Jan, 2017 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Page 9 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

On the first stop during the travel, after she has completed transcribing the scroll into her spell book, Sar'ai observes the members of the Order's use of magic to create the encircling trench. "Clever." She thinks to herself before scanning the campsite for other members of her group.

Once gathered, she listens to what Cahleth has to say before chiming in, "Well then, that certainly would explain why the Harper seemed a bit hesitant in disclosing the full details of the mission." Sar'ai looks at Cahleth, "At least one of you can be trusted. For a moment there, I thought I might have to go about procuring this additional knowledge," the half-drow, grinning, pauses momentarily as a ghostly hand materializes and begins to caress Cahleth's cheek, "My own way."
The spectral hand dissipates, "Its good to not keep secrets from one another… " She glances at Onwen as she says that.

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+0): 6 (1 roll)


8th Jan, 2017 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Elyria had spoken with her friend involving Sune, showing interest in such. Still, though she was respectful of Lia's goddess and in her religion, the squire did explain to her when first asked, "My father and mother both worship Lathander, he has been my family's patron deity for many generations. As such, so do I worship him."

Yet the young woman revealed this detail during her conversations with Lia, "Father Amuary is a big reason in part, though most in how he was able to change my brother's path for the better. He tended to get in trouble, allowing his temper to get the better of him and being a bit of a hot head. Yet through Lathander my brother's live become calmed and he found better purpose for his passion."

Smiling, she says, "I am thankful for this, as I had worried much on where Geoffroy might be if he had continued on the path he was on before. I am grateful to Lathander that I could be a part of my brother's journey now, to have seen my brother's change." Elyria had not spoken on this to anyone else, not even to her brother, showing how she trusted the wood elf.

Out of Character: This is more for reference as we continue on, I simply wish I could have offered such earlier.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 9th Jan, 2017 - 1:00am



Post Date: 8th Jan, 2017 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Cahleth is able to arrange the meeting easily enough the second evening, as there is plenty of time for talking. The other two groups hold like meetings of their own from time to time, so no one has any reason to question it.

He is unfortunately unable to learn anything new of interest to the mission, or about Leosin.

As he and others get to know those in the caravan, some do stand out.

The Order, Paladin Frume in particular, are effectively leading the mission. They're all seasoned combatants, and the organization is known for rushing to face evil before it can spread and grow. They're friendly enough in their own right, but quite driven. Most of the eight are paladins and clerics, but it was a bard and sorcerer working together that made the camp's defensive wall.

There are five members of the famous Flaming Fists mercenary band present. They tend to be down to earth warriors, and rough. They're only here for the money, and they make no excuses for it. Their leader, a dwarf known to you only by the nickname Blackjack, seems quite capable, but is a rather unpleasant traveling companion, surly when not drinking, boisterous and noisy at night when he is.

Of the five people who came on their own, two stand out in particular:
-Risig, a goliath from the mountains, is quiet and unassuming, but would appear to be a match for either Poljen or Targul in sheer strength and martial ability.
-The other introduces herself as Lady Miruvial. A red dragonblooded sorceress of notable power, she is as arrogant and conceited as she is beautiful.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2017 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 9

"How I should wear my hair?" the barbarian asks somewhat skeptically. "Do you mean other than on my head?" That last comments reveals his little jest. "Thank you, Lia. But I prefer to find a woman who appreciates me for who I am, not how I would have to pretend to be. I am rough, ugly and uneducated. But I am also honest, kind, and I have a sense of humor. If that is not enough to win the heart of a good woman, so be it. If such a woman fell for me, and then later asked me to cut my hair, or shave regularly, I would consider it." He suddenly seems to realize that he has just shared some very private thoughts with her and blushes. He looks as if he is about to make a joke to cover himself, but then just ducks his head and wanders off.

During the trip he does his best to keep his eyes and ears peeled. When Cahleth informs them of a second mission he says softly, "Well at least a one-eared elf is distinctive. Hopefully we can find him."

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2017 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 9

The days stretch on and on. In spite of the group's vigilance, the miles pass by without significant incident. An owlbear makes an aggressive display on the fifth night, but soon thinks better of it in the face of such a large group and quickly shambles off. Targul's gut makes some complaints about his diet, but he powers through it as is his usual and just keeps eating from his barrel. Few others in the group have taken him up on his offer to share, and they all regretted it.

Frankly, this journey has been a boring one, made worse by the long times spent on the road. The Order has been having to step in and break up an increasing number of fights, especially between those of the Flaming Fists.

But the stress would seem to be paying off. The caravan is right on schedule to reach Greenest on the tenth day of travel, just as Sir Onthar was hoping.

It is on the ninth day, a few hours after midday, that something finally happens. A little under 25 miles from the town, the caravan slows and stops in confusion. Everyone in it with a strong connection to Mystra's Weave can perceive a discordant note. The weave itself is vibrating in a very unusual manner in this place.

People confer together, but are unable to reach a quick conclusion, and the vibration does not seem to pose an immediate threat. So it is decided they'll discuss and test the phenomenon while on the move.

A few miles down the road, the caravan is passing through a small but dense copse of woods. Several people spot the birds to the north. A large flock of ravens wheeling high in the sky over a point well away from the road.

Soon after, Lia and Cahleth together notice something off about the road itself. The soil ahead is darker and looser than the rest.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 9th Jan, 2017 - 6:05pm


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.