Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 83 of 1199

Sar'ai smiles slightly, "Kill - Page 83 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Feb, 2017 - 8:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

23rd June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 259803
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
17th Feb, 2017 - 11:10am / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 83

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Ever since the magical interference began to dissipate rapidly as Cratol seemingly disrupted the arcane circle surrounding the crystal, Sar'ai has felt some of her connections to the weave "Realign". As such, the wizard continues moving toward the man bound and leaning against the wall and once she gets within about five feet she extends a hand pointing a finger at him, while gripping the dagger in her other hand, and then the mage hears the half-drow speak, "You have one final chance to answer my question, or you will find you will not be able to answer any questions ever again." The mage had been conversing with Sar'ai, even mocking her, and those that were also present seemed to look over from time to time as they spoke. This time, however, he notices that it would appear that no one else heard what the dagger wielding half-drow had just said to him.

Out of Character: With her abilities being somewhat restored, Sar'ai cast message, thus only the mage heard what she said.

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Intimidation on D20 (+3): 7 (1 roll)


Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Feb, 2017 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia enters the building curious as to what Sar'ai is doing. She notices Sar'ai questioning and the mage taunting. Lia frowns as she knows time is running short. The young elf looks to Onwen and Cratol. " Maybe it would help to question the other prisoner also. We need to get answers quickly. Anyone else good at interrogations?"

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2017 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

As Poljen rides off to investigate, Cahleth informs him that he'll be accompanying Tallis and Onthar in the meeting with the governor.

"If you come across any trouble, you know where to find me. Hopefully the others have found comfortable lodgings while we've been out. We need to be well rested for whatever comes next."

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2017 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 83 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cahleth, (Along with any others who wish to go), soon find themselves back in front of the governor and castellan. Sir Onthar, Blackjack, and a few others from the caravan are there as well. Much of the meeting is taken up rehashing things you are already aware of.

Escobert says, "As to lodging, most of the inns are at least half full, a lot of merchants have been afraid to leave. I think there's enough space all told, but you would have to spread out over half the town. If you would rather stay together, I can open up the fort barrack rooms. Not quite as comfortable as a stay at an inn, but they're clean and neat. Either way, I'll see to it any expenses are covered."

Sir Onthar speaks up, "I think the barracks would be for the best, we need to be able to respond quickly without having to round people up."

Blackjack responds, "T'hell wit' that, me men an' I will be stayin' where we can git to good ale an' gran' women."

Shortly into the meeting, word comes that some people meeting the description of your companions reported finding the source of the magical disturbance in town. They were in the tradesmen's district, to the southwest.
_________________________________________

Back at the Tailor shop, the mage sneers at Sar'ai, and says nothing.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 17th Feb, 2017 - 5:50pm

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2017 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cahleth will defer to Governor Nighthill's authority, but suggests, "Should we go investigate? Perhaps there are nefarious agents within your walls. This might be lead to something larger being uncovered. Maybe an assault on the town can be stymied with swift action."

17th Feb, 2017 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy would lead the man he had saved near to where the mage was being questioned. Though there was still a high chance that the man would never talk again, he had don't the work needed to allow him to keep breathing.

Looking to the mage, and speaking with the others, he says, "Whether or not you can get him to talk, I'm going to see about going to the temple so that we can perhaps try to heal the man's throat. Perhaps at least he will be willing to talk. But I am still willing to have a go." His interrogation method will start with perhaps the two man's wish to save their own life as well perhaps hoping both of them have someone they care about.

He sighs, considering the mage before asking, "I don't know what you hope to accomplish, but you are lucky to be alive. Such mercy was not needed to be given, though I hope such is not put to wait by your refusal to cooperate." Geoffrey turns to the man he had saved, hoping that his next words would be understood.

"We all generally have someone we care about. Some more then others," the cleric paused, taking a breath before continuing, "Neither of you might not care, but there are those in this town with people they care about and those they wish to protect." Geoffroy himself had those to protect and watch over, thinking on a certain squire watching as all went on.

With a sigh, he offers this, "Your life, and our willingness to provide protection and amnesty if you agree to give us information. We can stop whoever is planning this attack, with your help even more so." Geoffroy hopes he might persuade at least one of them to agree to let them know what is going on, to give what they need to better prepare for what is to come.

He does offer to the one he had saved, "I will do what I can to see that your throat is repaired." The Morninglord hoped that he could actually do what he says, as the throat was pretty seriously damaged, but he had still saved the man's life.

Specific Action: My thoughts is a game of good cop, bad cop perhaps. With Geoffroy play the role of good cop? Going to make a Persuasion roll.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 17th Feb, 2017 - 8:26pm

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Persuasion on D20 (+4): 16 (1 roll)


Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Feb, 2017 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 83

The mage grins and starts gloating, "You know something? I'm almost glad you stopped my work. I always thought this plan was too clean. With only a handful of exceptions, you'd have all fallen asleep, and the town of Greenest would have just disappeared overnight. You've just forced us to do this the hard way."

"Fools, you haven't saved these people, you have brought blood, terror, and pain instead. It will be a glorious tribute to my queen. Go on then, kill me if you have the will. My reward is already assured."
_

In response to Cahleth's query, Nighthill says "Go if you think they need you, but it sounds like everything's under control for now. Whatever they did, the barrier seems to have dropped over all but a small portion of the town."

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 17th Feb, 2017 - 11:56pm

17th Feb, 2017 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 83

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Sar'ai smiles slightly, "Kill you? Now who said anything about that? I stated you would no longer be able to answer another question… "
A spectral hand suddenly materializes next to the wizard and takes hold of the dagger that was in her hand. She then speaks without moving her gaze from the mage, "Anyone who may be squeamish I would advise turning away."
In a flash the half-drow lunges at the man's face and pries open his mouth. The dagger wielding spectral hand then moves with an eerie precision as it slices through the man's tongue, blood spurting onto Sar'ai's face.

Once finished, the half-drow picks up the severed tongue, and if the man is still conscious, says, "What good are spells if you can't speak?" Sar'ai grins as she continues, "Besides, I told you that your fate in the life beyond would be spent in the presence of the Queen of the Demonweb Pits. I needed a physical piece of your body to perform the necessary rite and what better from a mage than his tongue?!" The half-drow laughs before turning her attention to the other man with the crushed throat. "I hope you take into consideration what just happened here very thoroughly, for when you are able to speak, you too will have one chance to answer."

Out of Character: if any of that was too much, we can retcon. Sar'ai was just done with him. (Laugh).

Attached Image Edited: Brandonfett on 17th Feb, 2017 - 8:15pm

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Deception (adv) on D20 (+7): 10, 24 (2 rolls)
  • Intimidation on D20 (+3): 12 (1 rolls)



 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.