Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 870 of 1199

Velon looks pained at the amount of time it - Page 870 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Feb, 2018 - 6:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

30th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256733
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 20th Feb, 2018 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 870

Lawrnce ponders for a bit, then replies "I'd have to study the device for a while to tell a lot of details, but we could possibly just operate it on the fly and see what it allows us to do. Only one of us needs to activate the device, so the rest could guard. Typically, divinations only take a minute or two, unless the subject is extremely hard to get to, and it would usually give as much information as we would want. As far as how many times we can use it, that would only be determinable after some study. If Varram is observing us, however, we've just invited him to come by for a drink."
Specific Action: Arcana for more details on this kind of device.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Feb, 2018 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen also carefully examines the floors and walls around the copper doors, looking to see any signs that someone might have fled through either of the doors.

Survival is used for tracking, right?

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2018 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lawrance's mind goes blank for some reason. He can't seem to recall even the basics of divination he should know by heart. This place is distracting him, surely that's it.

Poljen looks around, it does not look like anyone has opened the eastern door in quite some time. The western door is another story, showing recent signs of disturbance on the tarnish and dust covering it. It also looks like at least one person was dragged out of here to the south.

The yuanti Malison carried a pair of curving scimitars, the pureblood a rapier, neither particularly remarkable.

The dead cultists, numbering fifteen in all, bore an assortment of arms and armor, some of high quality, some not so much. You find a stash of six basic healing potions. A man bearing more ornate clothing than most carried a holy symbol of Tiamat and what seems to be a magic rod of some kind. A short spike on the gripping end bears traces of blood.

There is a mace and a heavy crossbow which appear to be magical as well.

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2018 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 870 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen looks around, then finally says, "At least one of them was dragged out. And if the devils spoke true, then the only other way out we've seen is that hole in the library. I for one do not feel a need to attempt a rescue mission at this time." He shrugs. "Of course if the mages use the scrying pool and we learn the mask is down that way, so be it. Then again, the door on the west wall of this room has been opened much more recently than the one on the east wall." He looks at the rogues. "Would you ladies care to examine those doors to see if they are safe to open? Or should I just open them and deal with the consequences?" Then he has one last thought. "Can those fancy cloaks allow you to see if someone is invisible? Maybe the dwarf is hiding in plain sight that way… "

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2018 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Asking Poppo to check his knowledge on scrying pools and such, Lawrance pinches the bridge of his nose and answers Poljen "I do have the ability to see invisible or ethereal and there is nothing like that in this room. I may have focused a bit too hard, because I seem to have a bit of a headache, now. Velon, do you want to activate the font and try it out anyways?"

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2018 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Velon sighs. "Well, it seems we have the upper hand on getting information on this place with the orb, the scroll, and access to this pool currently. I'm not sure how long it will stay that way with many foes surely still around. Perhaps between Poppo and Lawrance we should identify these items and try to activate the pool now then? I'm not sure how it works, what it shows you, or if you have to ask specific questions. Who thinks they could use these items? Which would you all like to know about first?"

He continues "If we have to fill it from upstairs, then perhaps we should check this door and deal with whatever is behind it. I'm guessing it may lead to a staircase back upstairs." He looks to Poljen and then to Mari and Zarra with regard to the large door the west.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Feb, 2018 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 870

"Okay, then, let's get started with this. I'll start with a detect magic to ensure we have gathered everything of value in the room, and then we'll move on to identify everything we've discovered so far. Together with Poppo, it'll take a while, if that is okay?"
Specific Action: Ritual cast detect magic, then Identify on the font, rod, and a cloak. This will take roughly 45 minutes. Speak up if you want to stop at any of them.
Out of Character: Can Poppo do Identify on the second cloak, mace crossbow and anything else we've found?

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2018 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 870

Velon looks pained at the amount of time it will all take, but doesn't know that they are in any particular rush either. "Yes, let's do it. The sooner we know how to activate the pool, though, the better. If water is needed from upstairs the rest of us can work on that. Save some of the identifying of items for after we know what to do with the pool."

Once again Velon reiterates "Let's see if we can figure out what's behind these doors in the meantime, shall we?" He indicates the doors to the west that might lead back to where they came from near the well.


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.