Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 93 of 1199

Finding the door with the crates in front - Page 93 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Feb, 2017 - 8:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

20th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 255329
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
21st Feb, 2017 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 93

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Sar'ai thinks for a moment as the discussion continues as to what to do about the impending attack. Then she has an idea, "What if we can buy ourselves more time?" the wizard interrupts. "What if we could make them think the signal flare was an accident? If that is of course what we believe it to be. The man whose throat is crushed seems quite willing to give up information, albeit without words at the moment," the half-drow looks to Cratol and smiles, "But perhaps he could write some answers?"
Sar'ai looks around as she continues to put forth her idea, "We get the man to give us his name, the name of the mage and, if he knows the name of one of the leaders out at the camps, their name as well. Then, seeing as how I have the mage's spellbook and can mimic the slight nuances of his penmanship, I can forge a letter that can be dropped by Elanna stating the flare went off by accident and do not press the attack yet. Something to that effect. If they fell for it, that should buy us enough time to either better set up defenses here or do as Poljen has put forward and send out a group to catch the smaller camps off guard and possibly cull their numbers a bit before their reinforcements get here."
Sar'ai looks around the room awaiting input on her plan.

Out of Character: also meant to do arcana check on storm lizards last time.

Attached Image Edited: Brandonfett on 21st Feb, 2017 - 3:13pm

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Arcana on D20 (+3): 20 (1 roll)


Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen nods. "It might be worth a try. But it relies on the prisoner actually helping out. A risky move to be sure. But I have another question for my mage friends. Do you think the enemy is able to tell that the magic barrier thing is gone? They might know, and that might bring them anyway. Just a thought."

21st Feb, 2017 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

The wizard looks at Poljen, "A valid point. However, that could be another thing that could be included in the letter. While we were in the tailor shop, the crystal and the runes had, let's say, interesting side effects after being mishandled." Again, Sar'ai looks at Cratol, "And so it could add to the narrative we wish to tell about a mishap occurring. The mage did offer up some information before he was 'silenced', even if he meant not to and that was something about waiting until the town was 'asleep' and then it would just 'disappear'. I feel the outlying camps are waiting for some form of confirmation of that happening before moving in and if they can feel the crystal's power dissipate, that may stave them off a bit longer."



Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 93 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia nods at Sar'ai. " That is a good idea. It might not work but it is worth chancing. I will leave everyone to work on this. If you need me I will be in one of the keep towers. I need to meditate so I can help keep watch most of the night. I just have an eerie feeling about everything. " She leaves the room with a sensual stroll. Lia will climb up the nearest tower and meditate for her 4 hour long rest.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Nyzahr has by now given up on the idea of using her spell on the owl, but will offer an other variant to Sar'ai's plan: she slowly stretches away from the corner of the wall she was leaning on and advances towards the others. She then passes the following impressions:

- One prey sleeping is easy to catch

- One hunter pretending to sleep surprises its prey.

Once she releases these impressions to the others, she will return to her spot, leaning against the wall, and attently observe the reflexion of the light on one of the chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, her interest apparently completely diverted.

.

Attached Image Edited: AshDrunbar on 21st Feb, 2017 - 7:10pm

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Geoffroy's reading material apparently didn't cover the subject, or he just didn't get to it. Sar'ai and Cahleth however recall old tales of the Dragon Queen. In her relentless war to end her brother Bahamut, and secure the material plane for her own dominion, Tiamat chose to create new breeds of creatures to bolster the forces loyal to her. Deliberately corrupting the eggs of some of her progeny, the Spawn of Tiamat were born. Several different breeds exist, each made to serve a different purpose. Storm Lizards in particular were originally derived from blue dragons. Nonsapient and surprisingly tractable, they're often used as mounts and beasts of war, and are capable of producing copious amounts of lightning from their horns. They have one other unusual quirk. They're always born in same sex pairs, and the twins are inseparable for life, with the survivor going berserk if one dies.

Cahleth manages to inspire several of the townsfolk, they push themselves to learn the drills as best they can. None of them can reliably hit a specific target at this point, that would take a few more days at least, but they're learning enough to be useful for volleys.

In response to Sar'ai's idea, Onthar thinks for a moment, then says, "Hmm, that presents some risk as well, it could tip our hand as to how much we've learned of them and their plans. But its worth it I think. If whatever information you glean from this prisoner seems enough to fool them, then by all means, let us try it."

In response to Nyzahr's impressions, he says, "That's tricky. The kobold patrols are probably going to end up camping somewhere soon enough. Convincing one of them to talk should be simple enough, but they probably don't know much of use."

"The people in the camp by the road are more likely to have some useful information, but getting them to talk doesn't seem as likely, and those creatures make it more of a risk."

"In both cases, we'd still need to be sure any assaults on the three groups doesn't have any additional backup in the wings first."
_______________________________________

Targul finds a door in the basement of the southern tower. It is not hidden, but crates have been stacked in front, and the hinges look to be rusted shut. It appears no one has used it in decades at the very least.
_______________________________________

Across town, the men are not exactly reassured by Onwen. The speaker looks at his fellows, and shrugs. "It is late master wizard, perhaps a half hour until sunset. I uh, I am given to understand that you and yours have been offered rooms at the fort, I think most of your companions are there already"

He then puts on gloves and starts gingerly poking the crystal with a stick. When nothing happens, he starts shifting it a bit with his hand.

Seeing that he remains unnewtified, the others gather around, and they start hauling the crystal out of the room. Soon enough they'll disappear with it on the cart.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 93

Poljen says to Sar'ai, "Then you had best begin questioning the man, and writing the letter soon. Time is of the essence. We are all assuming the signal means the next stage of their plan should proceed, and if that is the case, we may not have too much time."

21st Feb, 2017 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 93

The Terror says...

Finding the door with the crates in front of it has sparked Targul's curiosity. He'll move the crates out of the way and attempt to open the door. If it doesn't give with his first attempt, he'll try to force the door using his crowbar.

"This is awesome!" he thinks to himself. "I bought this thing but I never thought I'd have a good reason to use it."

Targul Results:
  • Strenght Ck (Adv) on D20 (+4): 6, 15 (2 rolls)



 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.