Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 932 of 1199

“[crap]!” Perry curses as he sees - Page 932 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Apr, 2018 - 9:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2018 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 932

Lia curses." Diderius has taken control of him. Destroy the heart. Beware Cratol. Poljen, can you hold Cratol." She takes aim at the heart with her now and looses the arrow.
Mari steps forward quickly and tries to run the heart through.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 3rd Apr, 2018 - 4:50pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2018 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Perry looks a bit confused at first as Diderius falls then releases his Silence spell. His confused look slowly changes to a somber one as Diderius is struck down. Then, Perry watches on as Cratol strikes the crystal heart with great force and seems to be taken over by Diderius.

Perry was not very studious in college, but he tries his best to recall if he has any idea on what this effect is exactly or how to stop it without harming the affected.

Out of Character: Since Perry is the only Arcane spell caster here at the moment (I think) he will try and recall any information about this effect and try to recall a way to snap Cratol out of this, preferably without harming him. You know we are in trouble when we are relying on Perry for these things, (Laugh). After this goes through, I can make a better post on what his specific action is.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2018 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Apparently not paying attention to anything other than the fact Cratol has not managed to smash the globe, the barbarian turns his great axe on the globe with the heart encased inside.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2018 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 932 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol can feel immense pain as his companions attack the crystal, cracks beginning to form on its surface.

Perry thinks that this might bear the hallmarks of a near legendary spell known simply as Magic Jar. It isn't quite the same as far as he can tell, but the similarities are there.

Whatever the case, Diderius in Cratol's body doesn't seem to like the idea of letting you destroy his heart. He yells out, "Hey, get your own! I like that one!" He runs up and grabs the heart in its crystal chamber, and tries to use Cratol's incredibly fast legs to run away.

Out of Character: Seath, go ahead and look up the Magic Jar spell and react accordingly. Bear in mind that some details have been adapted to suit Diderius' needs, so this spell doesn't exactly match the one Perry would be familiar with.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th Apr, 2018 - 2:06am

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2018 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: : I would argue that Cratol's action was to grab the heart, and must use special abilities for dash and so forth, if available, as a monk. But Poljen has a Bonus Dash available to him as well. And he will try to smash the thing from his hands… assume that is a called shot for Disad, but Reckless to negate for normal… will include an Athletics roll in case it is contested.

In Character: :

Poljen knows something is wrong, but is confident smashing the thing is the right thing to do. He chases after Cratol and does his level best to smash the thing from the monk's hands and break it more.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2018 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

"POLJEN WAIT!" Perry yells. He immediately pulls out his mandolin and begins hastily strumming a tune to cast a spell while attempting to explain. "Please listen, this spell is extremely dangerous, but it's similar to another one I've heard about. Normally if we destroy the container then he will be returned to his body, but I'm not sure if this one works the same way. We could end up killing him if we break it now. I may know a way to protect whoever tries to break it next, but first I'm going to attempt to pull him out of there."

Out of Character: I will attempt to cast Dispel Magic to end the effects of the Magic Jar-like spell. If it's the same level it should be a DC 16 check. This won't be easy.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 4th Apr, 2018 - 3:48am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2018 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 932

" Damn it." Lia grits her teeth in frustration." There is no holding him now." She shakes her head and takes careful aim with her bow. Aiming at his right leg the arrow soars towards the running monk.

Mari races after Cratol in desperation. She doesn't know what she will do if somehow she does catch up to him.
Specific Action: Lia is making a called shot to strike him in the legs. Will be rolled with disadvantage.

Out of Character: : With him running away he can't see her. Wouldn't that grant her advantage which would offset the called shot disadvantage? If so please ignore the second roll.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 4th Apr, 2018 - 3:00pm

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2018 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 932

“[crap]!” Perry curses as he sees his dispel magic attempt fail. He watches as Craterius begins running away and sees Lia try to fire an arrow after him to no avail. “I’ve only got one other idea to try and stop him,” he thinks to himself. He begins singing a song as powerful, colorful Fey magic begins swirling around him, resonating with the notes.

♪♫♬
I cast a spell to bring him back
But it failed so I’m trying something new
Trying something new

I’ll cast a spell to change his form
But he’s slowly fading from my view
Fading from my view

And he ran
He ran so far away
He just ran
He ran all night and day
But couldn't get away
♬♫♪

Specific Action: Polymorph on Craterius to make him a small turtle.

Out of Character: KN or Daishain it’s a Wisdom saving throw, DC 15. Hope this works.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 4th Apr, 2018 - 9:33pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.