Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 956 of 1199

In order to fulfill Velon's request - Page 956 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st May, 2018 - 5:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

28th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256526
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2018 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 956

If Poljen asks the keep's guards, he is informed rather stiffly that not only is this among the safest places in Faerun, so his services are not required, he will not be permitted entry without his own tribute.

The barbarian gets the impression that even if he had come carrying a fancy book, they'd be a bit reluctant to let someone like him in.

Lawrance and Poppo however hand in their respective books. After a few minutes of review, they are allowed within.

Upon asking after the sought after wizard however, the duo are informed that Maccath is no longer on the premises. She left almost a year ago on a research expedition to the Sea of Moving Ice. She is late in returning, though the curator tells you that such is not all too uncommon for such journeys.

Perry finds that this place does indeed have ordinary people doing ordinary things. The wizards here are a highly stuffy and eclectic lot, but they do have support staff. The town is quiet for its size, but there is merrimaking to be found.

Out of Character: Lawrance feel free to describe the library as you wish. In addition, for each day spent here studying, I'll let you make a knowledge related check on a specific subject with a good chance of retrieving juicy details.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2018 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen nods grimly and tells Lawrance and Poppo he will remain outside. "Yell loud enough and I will come to your aid." He does not even acknowledge the guard's glare when he makes that pronouncement.

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2018 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Raven makes his way to the Candlekeep Inn on the outskirts of town. Upon arrival, he walks into the establishment and takes a momentary, dramatic pause as he scans the room. He sits down at a table where he can find a group of individuals playing poker. He places a sizeable bag of gold coins on the table with a thud.

“Mind if I join you?” he asks. Shortly after, he pulls aside a nearby waitress and whispers to her, “A round of drinks for the house, courtesy of The Raven.”

He looks back to the others at the table, “All right, deal me in.”

Out of Character: Okay so for this minigame I was going to follow Xanathar’s rules for gambling so I’m going to make a few checks here and Daishain you can decide how I do. The three checks are Insight, Deception, and Intimidation though I can replace one of those with a relevant tool proficiency. In this case, I will be replacing Insight with my Playing Cards tool proficiency. I’ll say over the course of the night that Perry wagers 500 gold.

To make things more fun, Perry will try to keep an eye out for any noteworthy or suspicious individuals in and around the bar area over the course of the night.

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2018 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 956 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon goes to Lia's room just before the castle lands and the group is to depart to Candlekeep. "Care to join me for a romantic afternoon and evening, oh wonderful lady of Sune?" He wears a smile and gives a low bow to the lovely wood elf, who can likely tell it is only partially in jest as he does hold great reverence and affection for her. "Which is to say, care to come watch over our band of misfits and help keep them out of trouble? Romantic, eh?"

Lia can at least see that Velon has cleaned all of his armor and the shirt below, along with his beard and hair for once. He smells of lavender from an oil he had Perry grab for him at the citadel. "Sorry, I thought of wearing a new tunic, but alas I think we must remain vigilant when away from the castle." He looks at the handle of his war hammer over his shoulder, makes a face, and shrugs.

When Lia is ready Velon will walk down to the castle gate with her and point towards the two steeds he asked Lawrance to summon for them. "Shall we ride?" he asks her. "We really should train with the wyverns one of these days, eh?"

Attached Image Edited: Cinder on 30th Apr, 2018 - 8:43pm

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2018 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Absentmindedly nodding at Poljen's comment, Lawrance enters the library proper, mind already working over the things he wants to find. After passing through the various wards and guards, he and Poppo split forces each heading to a different section of the library.
Vast shelves, pigeonholes, slots and other storage methods fill the library, with various people moving about from area to area. Uniformed attendants of various races are available to assist the questers, and numerous carts of fresh food and drink are locked down in specific areas on the floor, preventing 'accidents'. Tables and chairs run the spaces between the shelves, all with lines of glowing light bars constantly illuminating study areas. Magically indexed cards sit in tall rail-drawers, guiding the seekers of knowledge to their destinations. The attendants regularly are using various cantrips to repair, clean and maintain the storehouse and the rooms are filled with fresh scents.
With barely a pause to take in the immense store of information in the halls, Lawrance heads to the stacks indicated as he begins his quest for answers. Starting with Information on the Masks they've been seeking, working through into the Horn mentioned, the knowledge of the Well and it's history, as well as the efficient creation of magic items, the books he finds has him turning pages as fast as he can, every detail committed to memory as he absorbs it all.
Out of Character: - Dai, Lawrance has the Avid Researcher custom background, that should speed things up *smile* If it's still a one per day info gathering, use the order listed in the text above. If it's more, I'll add more later. Anyone else have something they want researched while he's in the depths of Oghma's temple?

Attached Image Edited: Gknightbc on 30th Apr, 2018 - 7:34pm

Post Date: 1st May, 2018 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Lia's eyes widen at the sight and smell of Velon. He will see that she is wearing a new blue gown. It clings to her even more than her other gowns do. She has no weapons visible. The aromatic hint of perfume follows her movements.

"Velon, I see that you have finally listened to my advice. You are quite handsome. As you can see, I have no weapons or armor. I'm counting on you to be my protector tonight." She beams at him." That sounds like a lovely idea. We should dance a little as well."

Seeing the wyverns she nods." We never think about it but it is something we need to do. The shadow steeds it is then." She will mount a shadow steed and head to Candlekeep alongside the paladin.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 1st May, 2018 - 2:03am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st May, 2018 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 956

Velon is grinning ear to ear as Lia says her kind words and they prepare to ride side by side to Candlekeep. "You look stunning, as always, Lia. And to think, that is not even one of my favorite things about you. Lucky, I am, indeed!" Even though she is quite capable of everything on her own, he puts his hands around her waist and helps give her a heave up onto the steed. He figures she won't mind him treating her like a lady despite her own strength.

Upon arriving at the tavern, he surveys the room to see who might be there and who might be watching, and otherwise heads to the bar to find a fine, expensive drink for himself and Lia. He will return and hand it to her and, after enjoying it for a moment, ask her to dance.

------

"Lawrance, don't forget to let us know how it's going back at the Inn every day or so, if you would, eh? Also, if you can find out anything about the wizard in the vision or Neronvain, please do!"

Post Date: 1st May, 2018 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 956

In order to fulfill Velon's request for an update, Lawrance will memorize the Sending spell daily and cast it when he remembers to give an update. This may be at completely random times of day or night, since losing track of time is typical in a place with no windows and perpetual light. This does not bother Lawrance in the least.


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.