Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 962 of 1199

Velon opens the tiny portal. Beyond it he - Page 962 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th May, 2018 - 5:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

13th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 258488
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 9th May, 2018 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 962

"Ah, Taz, what did you scry on exactly, Maccath or Grindel? If you scried on a fishing village and saw, well, a fishing village, I'm not sure what we've learned. Keep it up though, this does seem like a good avenue to help find Maccath more easily after we look for the Jade Fang. Ideally we could go directly there and accomplish both goals in the coming days.

Out of Character: Up to the other players if they want the campaign to die here in a staring contest between Lawrance and everyone outside of the library. Velon has no reason to think we should go kick in the door and risk becoming criminals just to get Lawrance out. I guess worst case scenario they wait longer than Velon would have liked until Lawrance uses his own Sending later in the evening, assuming he does, and Velon asks him to leave. Out of character I don't intend to put any more effort in to getting Lawrance out of the silly library, as Velon has made his intentions clear. Lia's Sending aside, if Lawrance doesn't come out or use Sending for days and they cannot send a message in from the front door they'll just leave without him.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th May, 2018 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Since he has access to the keep for the moment, Poppo volunteers to go after Lawrance, making a quip about not being able to promise being able to actually drag him out.

Out of Character: Its decided that we're going after Neronvain next then? All righty. What's the approach?

Post Date: 9th May, 2018 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: . Yay Poppo!

So quick stop in Baldur's Gate to try to hand off the white mask purchase idea to the Harper's, I think? Hopefully someone in the party has a contact, or I intended to have Velon ask Irdeith and Chasorth for a contact once back at the castle. Hopefully that only takes a few extra hours and then it's on to try to find the Jade Fang.

I don't recall too many specifics but Lia seemed to think we could ask her people for hints of where to look for the green dragon and the cult? Not sure what else we had to go on.

Post Date: 9th May, 2018 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 962 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: I was worried that I'd have to play it out as a silent character until the evening's report, and Lawrance wouldn't be coming out until midnight or possibly the morning. I don't think anyone, at any time, stated they would contact him, unless I missed something. Yay, Poppo, indeed!

Reluctantly finishing up his notes and dropping them into his chest, just before he sends it off to the Ethereal plane, Lawrance accompanies Poppo back to the castle, his mind filled with all the information he gleaned from the library. He tries to start sorting it out for logical debriefing with Velon and the rest, determined to make his time spent in the vast halls worthwhile enough to get them to come back again!
If asked, Lawrance will wax poetic in the descriptions of the Library, it's endless nooks and shelves of knowledge, it's glorious architecture barely noticed from his time there, the welcoming facilities that made his stay there a dream, and his willingness to go back for anything the group wants him to study ("You want a new recipe for Beef stew? I'm on it! I'll be back in a week!").
"I think next time you should lend me that half of the Sending stones. It'd be easier to pass on what I've learned right away, without being limited by my own magics to short statements. Maccath must have had some kind of misadventure for her to be so overdue. My vote is to go help her and find the Horn she sought. Neronvain does seem like low-hanging fruit, ripe for getting the next Mask, though. Either way we choose, I'm good. Just different spells to prepare for either."

Attached Image Edited: Gknightbc on 9th May, 2018 - 5:05pm

Post Date: 9th May, 2018 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Before they depart, Velon asks Poppo to ask those at the Candlekeep library about the identity of the wizard with the white mask and anything interesting about him, even if just a love of fine wine, art, cheese, or the like.

Velon just gives Lawrance a cold stare at his suggestion. "Our sending stones will only grant you a few extra words once a day. Exiting the library after 10-12 hours or so each day and having dinner with us boring folk 'next time', however, would yield you as many as you like. If we're swapping suggestions, that would be mine." "I'm sure it's all very 'exciting' in there, though… I'll be sure to bring a dusty old book of my own for tribute, next time" he mutters as he walks away, mumbling something additional about "Wizards… "as he shakes his head.

Once back at the castle Velon tries to talk to Chasorth or Irdeith via the portal. He informs them of their pursuit of Neronvain and the Jade Fang, the limited knowledge of Maccath and the horn, and asks if they have a trusted contact in Baldur's Gate or have other suggestions on discretely setting up a purchase of the white mask. He will gladly accept any additional knowledge or advice they have in any of these areas, or any relevant news such as activity at the Well.

Post Date: 9th May, 2018 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Velon opens the tiny portal. Beyond it he can see a very small gold dragon, only about the size of a pony. She appears to be playing with small figurines on the desk in here.

She turns to look at Velon with wide eyes, squeaks, and gallops out of the room.

Chasorth shows up fairly swiftly, in the by now familiar form of a gold scaled kobold. Upon hearing of Velon's request, she answers, "I'm surprised your companions didn't think of Mr Creel. He is the known face of the Harpers in Baldur's Gate. He's also the one who sent the group to Greenest in the first place. In any case, I would suggest seeking him out."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th May, 2018 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 962

Lawrance is flabbergasted at the idea of commuting to the library. "But, but, but that would lose at least six HOURS in travel time, away from the library! SIX! If I had spend that time back and forth, back and forth over these past days, it'd be a whole DAY lost!"
Later on in the evening, he wonders if he should have found a local teleport circle to allow him to come back again…

Post Date: 9th May, 2018 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 962

Velon opens the tiny portal. Beyond it he can see a very small gold dragon, only about the size of a pony. She appears to be playing with small figurines on the desk in here.

She turns to look at Velon with wide eyes, squeaks, and gallops out of the room.

Chasorth shows up fairly swiftly, in the by now familiar form of a gold scaled kobold. Upon hearing of Velon's request, she answers, "I'm surprised your companions didn't think of Mr Creel. He is the known face of the Harpers in Baldur's Gate. He's also the one who sent the group to Greenest in the first place. In any case, I would suggest seeking him out."

"As to the Sea of Moving Ice, be careful, the area is claimed by Arauthator, a great white. He is among the oldest and most powerful of his kind. He doesn't seem to bother people in his territory much, especially if they offer tribute, but I have no doubt that he would see Castle Skyreach as a challenge to his dominion."

"I'm afraid I know nothing useful of Neronvain. I remember the name, but I thought, as others did, that the boy had died before he could accomplish much of note. Be aware, if King Melandrach lied to conceal his son's true fate, I suspect that he will attempt to keep up the pretense unless given no alternative, he may even use his position to interfere with efforts to uncover the truth. I once heard a dwarf call him too stubborn and proud for his own good."


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.