Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1017 of 1199

Poljen 'hears' Perry's - Page 1017 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Jun, 2018 - 1:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

23rd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 255857
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1017

A bit startled by the lack of his magic's ability to free his friend from the dragon's mental clutches, he spends a moment pondering his next action. Readying his spells and peering through his Robe's senses, he tries to locate the Prince or anything else of interest. To all the people in the link, he calls *[i] Lia is still entranced, even through her Cube's barrier! Lia, snap out of it! The Dragon is the BAD GUY![i]* Casting his Storm Sphere through the now opened barrier, he centers it on the dragon, leaving room for a humanoid to slip by, the lightning striking the huge form, hard! He then moves as best as possible up the tunnel, running!
Specific Action: Robe to see invis, Ether, etc. 360 around. Still going to use the Storm Sphere, based on Kyr's post, since Lia goes before Lawrance.

Attached Image Edited: Gknightbc on 25th Jun, 2018 - 8:34pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon turns to leave and sees the barrier still up. He realizes he has delayed too long and Lia is right to secure their escape. He speaks to Lia and the rest through the telepathic link. "Lia, go, NOW! Taz, somebody, get her away!"

Velon keeps his eyes peeled on the dragon, knowing the Prince is lingering nearby as well. He raises his shield to his chest and sticks his fingers just underneath his armor to touch the dragon heartscale. He speaks aloud "Irdeith, Glorfindel, Bahamut! This might be my end, if you cannot help, but I'd rather keep fighting for you!" He prays to Bahamut in that brief moment, picturing the smiting of this green dragon.

If nothing happens with this, Velon will begin sprinting around the walls of the current room, making for the exit on the opposite side. With hasted speed he moves quickly, holding up his shield to fend off the dragon and any invisible strikes from the Prince. He stops just a few feet down the hall on the other side to yell "Poljen, let's GO!"

Out of Character:
*SHIELD spell at the ready for any attacks.*

If something happens with the heartscale, perhaps I could edit the last part of my post, Daishain, instead of running?

Using most of, but not all of, hasted action, Action, and movement to dash, but realize I might have to give up at least one of those 60ft bursts to account for the time Velon spent talking to Lia and touching the scale. He just wants to stay within his 180ft range of the tunnel for one more round in case Lia somehow lets him through.

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia looks worriedly at Velon and Poljen. (Run to me now. Come on. I'll let you through.) She races to where the tunnel narrows too much for the dragon to follow. Lia will wait until Poljen and Velon are about to reach the barrier then push another face of the cube.

Mari will continue to race along with Perry. Hearing Lia's strange words she looks quizzically at the tiefling but continues to flee.

Out of Character: : She will ready her action to change the cube back to option 1. This will be contingent on Velon or Poljen reaching her. At least it will stop the breath weapon again.

Mari will use her action, bonus action etc to run.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 25th Jun, 2018 - 11:13pm

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 1017 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: . Replacing previous post for all of the reasons discussed in the Q&A.

Velon hears Lia start to turn on them at the dragon's words but then she seems to resist and calls them to retreat. "Poljen, let's go!" he calls out over the mental link. With his enhanced speed, Velon flies into the tunnel, shield spell at the ready if he is hit, and right up to the barrier. As it drops he proceeds through and bends down to scoop Lia up by the waist, continuing on with haste. "Go go go, hit the cube!" he calls out with his voice this time, rather than his mind. Velon will do all he can to use his girth and speed to bulldoze anyone delaying in the tunnel, as they are holding back the retreat of others in this tight space since they cannot pass one another.

Out of Character: . SHIELD as needed!

Will roll athletics to grapple Lia, even if she resists, and to push anyone else lollygagging in the escape tunnel. Ideally he won't let anyone fall behind him, not that they can pass one another here anyhow.

I have no clue the radius of this cube's effect, [By The Way].

Attached Image Edited: Cinder on 25th Jun, 2018 - 8:33pm

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The group retreats as Lia modulates her shield to allow Poljen and Velon through. Everyone heads up the passage as swiftly as the narrow confines allow. The dragon hisses with frustration, and blows chlorine gas up after them. But the force wall is once again set to foil such attacks. In her current form, the dragon cannot follow, and the trolls are too large as well.

A rumbling noise is heard ahead. Perry, ahead of the others, soon discovers the source. The passage appears to be collapsed at the exit, tons of mud block it.

A mocking voice is heard ahead, "You have nowhere left to run, surrender, and I will argue for a painless death on your behalf."

Out of Character: the blatant attempt to harm Lia and the others has shaken the cleric out of the charm effect.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 25th Jun, 2018 - 11:29pm

26th Jun, 2018 - 12:45am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

The Quiet Shadow says...

'Does someone have that teleportation scroll,' Zarra will ask mentally to everyone, wondering if her mempry was correct in thinking of such. Continuing, the drow seeks to confirm, 'We are all here right?'



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1017

Perry groans through the mental radio in much the same way that a teenager does when they don't get their way, "Ughhhh."

Then, he proceeds to explain the situation to the others, "Seems like Neronbutt trapped us in here with a bunch of mud. Teleporting is likely our best way out if Zarra is correct regarding the scroll. Lawrance if you need help with the scroll I might be able to improve your chances. Other options include, uh, killing everything. I can also try burrowing out but that seems like it might be tough. I can try dispelling this mud but I think it might just turn to rock. Do you know how that works, Lawrance?"

Out of Character: Giving as many options as I can think of. If Lawrance plans on casting Teleport, I was referring to Bardic Inspiration to give him a boost for a successful cast since it's such a high level spell that it will require a skill check. If we plan on fighting, don't go back in until we are all closer together. I can help against the dragon's fear if we are close-ish.

Attached Image Edited: seath on 26th Jun, 2018 - 1:20am

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 1017

Poljen 'hears' Perry's description of their predicament. The big man curses aloud, albeit softly, then reverts to the mental network, knowing that the invisible prince could be listening to their vocal discussions.

{Velon, I must offer advice. We have nearly eliminated this green dragon's allies. One troll and one elf mage, who has burned many a spell, are all she has left to aid her impressive abilities. But that is all she has left. If we leave now, and teleport to Baldur's Gate or some distant place, she will be able to gather new allies and so forth. Here, now, they have done little damage to us. We have hurt them deeply. I think we can finish them. But I know you feel the mask is the most important thing. I say send the mask with one person using the scroll to a far place to keep it safe while the rest of us turn and fight. Or we teleport just outside and try fighting there.} He pauses, then adds, {Better yet, teleport us back to that cavern. Surely they won't be expecting that. I know I always preach, 'Attack, attack, attack!' and there are reasons not to do this. But I believe this is our best tactic.}

As he 'talks' to the group, he keeps his eyes and ears peeled for the prince who must be nearby…


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.