Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1023 of 1199

"Poljen, if you'd like, I can - Page 1023 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Jun, 2018 - 9:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2018 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1023

Lia frowns at the barbarian." We enter through the front door. I'll activate the cube and it will keep us safe from harm in the narrow passages. Then when the passage opens up we engage the dragon and allies and kill every last one of them. Is that better Poljen? We will kill that vile drake. Her and her prince will pay for what they have done in blood. If she is out and about we use the sky castle to engage her. I'm trying not to dwell on that until the moment comes. It is too easy to lose yourself to hate." She walks away angrily and goes back to conversing with Perry.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 28th Jun, 2018 - 5:20pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2018 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lawrance pipes up "It will have taken less than half a day for us to return to the Dragon's Lair with our speedy ride. She will not have had a lot of time to take her pathetic revenge before we return. We should rest up and fill our bellies, heal if needed and relearn spells. If she has spent time out terrorizing the countryside, she and the Prince of nothing have not refreshed their spells and will be at a disadvantage to our assault. If they have rested and recharged, they will not have hurt anyone yet. We locate them, if they are at rest we drop a few rocks on them from our cloud cover and bring them out to play in the sky. With our time preparing, we will have an advantage there, as well. A few tons of stone on their heads should draw them out. Alternatively, I could send an Earth elemental in and have it dig out underneath their hidey hole and drop them that way, too. We have many options. Until then, if we are getting rooms, I will be resting and regaining my spells. Let me know what you want to do. "
Out of Character: - either way, Lawrance will be resting for the required time to regain and relearn spells, changing the chosen spells depending on the groups plan.

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2018 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Velon just looks at Poljen after Lia's outburst with a surprised expression and shrugs his shoulders.

At Lawrance's words, Velon seems quite intrigued. "Can we do that, with the earth elemental? Dig a new entrance, I mean? He collapsed our previous one, and I've been thinking about how much I do not want to do that swim in!"

"I do hope to fight her outside, though, I think. I know she can fly, but outside of her lair she is less dangerous in other ways, right? Don't they have all kinds of magics in place in their dens? I bet we can taunt her out of there, after stealing from her and tossing about a few insults on top of it all. Hopefully the castle can help even things out if she flies. What else did she try to do that we can prepare for? She tried to control Lia's mind, right? Yikes!"

Out of Character: Don't want to pretend Velon is an expert on Lair Actions.

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2018 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 1023 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Like any intelligent creature, when they're at home they have all sorts of tricks and traps they setup to defeat invaders. If all we had to do was defeat her, last time, we would have tried to draw her out instead of sneaking in. Different goals, different methods. This time, we just want to destroy her and the threat she poses, so let's use whatever resources we have to do so."
"Creating a new entrance wouldn't be too hard with an elemental's help, if you wanted. Nerovain could still destroy it with the magic he's shown, however. We have a lot of options, Velon. Let's plan our attacks and get consensus, then do it quickly."

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2018 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen watches as Lia's walks away in a huff, but he shrugs. "Not a bad plan, if they are inside. Though by front entrance do you think she meant the one the prince collapsed, or the underwater one with all the magic wards?" He shrugs again. "No matter. We will find our way in."

As the group walks, Velon and Lawrance continue to talk, Poljen listening intently. "I know dragons have plenty of tricks and advantages in their lairs. But at least they can not fly away from me, eh!" He asks Velon, "Is there any way you could help me fight the fear that the dragon causes? I still recall the feeling Glazhael instilled in me for a brief time. If I can not move to the dragon, I am just about useless."

Then he asks Lawrance, "Say, this magic… chest you share with Poppo. I do not understand magic very well, as you know. But does that mean you could have slipped the mask into it at any time while we were in that tunnel?" He seems genuinely curious.

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2018 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

To Poljen "I know where your mind is heading with that, Snow Leopard and no, it wouldn't have been wise to send the mask off to the Ethereal Plane at that time. No magic effects could cross the Cube's walls, so Lia would have had to drop the barrier partially to allow me to summon and return the chest, leaving us vulnerable for at least half a minute. There is no telling what would have happened if we had done so, therefore I did not suggest it at the time. If we had gained some time between taking it and facing the two of them, it may have been possible to get rid of it that way. "

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2018 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 1023

Poljen looks puzzled. "But then how did the magic portal cross the barrier from the cube?" He sighs. "I doubt I will ever understand magic… "

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2018 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 1023

"Poljen, if you'd like, I can spend some time And explain why one worked and the other didn't. It's really just a matter of how each spell operates. A teleport doesn't travel, it gives us a shortcut that doesn't cross planes. Maybe a piece of cloth would help." Lawrance gathers up the edge of his robe and holds it in two wide-spread hands. "Imagine that my left hand is where we were, and my right is where we want to be. If we were to walk the whole distance inside the Cube, we could move from left hand to right step by step. What the teleport does is give us this result -" at this point he puts both hands touching, the loose fabric hanging low. "- we now just step from one place to another. The spell doesn't actually have to go through the cube walls, it just brings our destination inside the cube with us!"
"The Chest spell, on the other hand, actually pulls the chest from where it is in the Ethereal Plane, making IT travel through the walls to reach me. It's not in the cube with us to start, and needs to go through the wall, which it can't."
OOC_ Man, working off a phone screen requires many edits…

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 28th Jun, 2018 - 9:29pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.