Male Doctors vs Female Doctors

Male Doctors Female Doctors - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 20th Dec, 2016 - 3:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2016 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Male Doctors vs Female Doctors

Don't want to die before your time? Get a female doctor

Elderly hospital patients are more likely to survive when their doctors are women Ref. Source 8z.

Sponsored Links:
20th Dec, 2016 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Doctors Female Doctors Male

It is an interesting article. The difference in the number of patients that died with female doctors versus the number that died with male doctors was only 6300 people. I know that is a lot, and I am not devaluing those people, but looking at the statistics, it is relatively small out of the 1500000 people looked at in the study. Also the repeat cases weren't much different. The real take-away from this article for me is that only around 10% of elderly patients die from their treatment with both men and women, but almost 50% are re-hospitalized within 30 days. That second number seems really high to me. I know there are a lot of stereotypes about the elderly being more sickly and more like hypochondriacs, but I don't think it is 50% of the elderly population. Most people over 65 that I know want to avoid the hospital as much as they can, for fear of catching something worse.

I do agree with the article that women are performing better than men and deserve at least equal, if not greater, pay, promotions, and support, but I don't think the difference is enough to encourage patients to seek out certain gendered doctors.

> TOPIC: Male Doctors vs Female Doctors

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,