Skelepound Vampire: The Masquerade RPG Review - Page 3 of 4

The question of age is another issue. Skelepound, - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 11th Jan, 2017 - 1:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

Skelepound Vampire: The Masquerade RPG Review
A Friend

Skelepound Vampire: The Masquerade RPG Review - Page 3

smile.gif. Yes, a nosferatu appearing as an estranged uncle would be interesting to say the least. Your character concept sounds great. Tying all the elements together should make for an interesting character. I see the two of you are playing the stick in the mud clans. I need to add some balance to that. Maybe Malkavian.

Sponsored Links:
10th Jan, 2017 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Review RPG Masquerade Vampire Skelepound

Well unless you mean Ventrue, I wouldn't really consider my character concept being of stick in the mud clans.

In my comments involving the Tremere this comes from a personal bias after reading a few of the clan books, learning of how they demonized one of the original clans now lost by convincing the Camarilla to hunt them down based on lies, killing most of them.

Especially since the clan founder commuted diablere to allow Tremere to be powerful enough to lay claim among the Camarilla and be counted among them as equals with the clans.

Admittedly, I'd never be able to show this bias with one of my characters in game unless it was set during Vampires the Dark Ages as by the point of Vampires the Masquerade it's a bit late for anyone to really know the truth or even know about the clan that was hunted and destroyed. That is, unless I play a vampire old enough to be have been sired during the time of the middle ages.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 10th Jan, 2017 - 7:32pm

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Skelepound Vampire: The Masquerade RPG Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

Thomaslee, I'm not referring to you or Daishain's character concepts. Just those two clans are known as the two most serious and power hungry basically.

10th Jan, 2017 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Review RPG Masquerade Vampire Skelepound

Fair enough, I suspected as much. I was simply double-checking, and also because I wanted to add more detail on why I was saying what I was saying before of the Tremere.

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Review RPG Masquerade Vampire Skelepound

That kind of history might perturb my usual characters, but what's a vampire story without a little in the way of a dark past?

Come to think, I do have to ask, since they're rather bound up in a pyramid scheme, how much mobility do the Tremere effectively have? It would be rather awkward if I come up with a history that sees him mostly stuck on the wrong continent for the story.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 10th Jan, 2017 - 7:43pm

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

They aren't so limited that your story won't work. I would go ahead with the Tremere Daishain. A lot of things aren't set in concrete. You can always make some small changes to make the character what you want. You should be able to use whatever background you have and it be fine. One thing to consider is your character age. Some ST's want your character to be no older than 50 years even including torpor. I can't remember if 2nd edition rules state that or not.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 10th Jan, 2017 - 7:53pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jan, 2017 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

Skelepound Vampire Masquerade RPG Review - Page 3

I would have to double check, but I believe not even most Tremere know their clan's dark past. At least those of the younger generations, so I doubt it will effect your character at all or even if such will come up. Such would be up to the Storyteller, and perhaps Skelepound doesn't have any idea what I am talking about.

As Kyrroeth said, there is a at least some adaptability or malleability to have most any background for your character, as long one consider why their character's sire would embrace them into the clan. Focusing more on mental then physical traits is fine, especially since even at their lowest vampires generally have capabilities beyond most humans. That is physical or otherwise.

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2017 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Skelepound Vampire Masquerade RPG Review Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 3

The question of age is another issue. Skelepound, do you have an idea of what kind of restrictions and preferences you would have?

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Skelepound Vampire: The Masquerade RPG Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,