Skelepound Vampire: The Masquerade RPG Review - Page 2 of 4

I think Nosferatu might be going a little - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 10th Jan, 2017 - 6:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 9:29am / Post ID: #

Skelepound Vampire: The Masquerade RPG Review
A Friend

Skelepound Vampire: The Masquerade RPG Review - Page 2

ST, are you allowing independent clams such as Setites and Ravnos? Just wondering. I usually play Toreadors but I might not this time. I have a character in a D & D game that is a Toreador in all but name.

Sponsored Links:
10th Jan, 2017 - 3:08pm / Post ID: #

Review RPG Masquerade Vampire Skelepound

Toreador is a personal favorite Clan myself, where I even created a variant of Jonathon as such with a back story actually very different then what I normally write leaving him with a vengeful sire who had tried to kill him out of jealousy for his childe's skill in performance. This causing the young vampire flee after leaving his sire to suffer the light of the sun.

Hmm, maybe I can find that write up somewhere.

Still, I have also had interest in Ventrue as well. Particularly one who wished to mixed a religious devotion with the ambition and send of leading others or being in control common to the clan. Admittedly, him being o0f the Road of Heaven might mean he was asleep for a while since the Roads I believe are more for Vampire the Dark Ages.

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Skelepound Vampire: The Masquerade RPG Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

I've been thinking about a character, but must admit once again to being unfamiliar.

I was thinking of an old soldier, probably a veteran of the first world war. Most of his ideals have been stripped away in the decades since, leaving only his sense of duty to his kindred. Both his kindred in his clan, and the human descendants of his beloved wife. The latter is both the last scrap of humanity he hasn't sacrificed over time, and his greatest weakness.

But in any case, it looks like clan Tremere, with its grim focus on clan duty and structure, might be a match. What do you guys think?

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Review RPG Masquerade Vampire Skelepound

Hmm.... Tremere doesn't really fit the ex-soldier theme though. Tremere usually embrace scholars. I'm thinking Brujah. They don't have to be mindless anarchs even though most are played that way. Thats my opinion. You can find some creative reason why your character was embraced by a Tremere if desired though. It depends upon what you want to play though, a magic heavy character or a physical wrecking ball.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 10th Jan, 2017 - 3:42pm

10th Jan, 2017 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Review RPG Masquerade Vampire Skelepound

Tremere stole their position from the clan it rightfully belonged to, vampire killers and liars who have deceived so many. Vampires whose foundations are that of the grave sin of diablere that continue even to this day in secret. They would be far from the best choice for a character such as yours I feel.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 10th Jan, 2017 - 3:53pm

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I was thinking of a man who relied more on his wits than physical strength. Both in his former occupation and his current life. That's a part of why I was shying away from the Brujah.

I should also note that while I don't think of deceit as being his primary tool, he's not above it. In fact if the timing is right, acting to ensure the superiority of his clan is entirely within his scope, almost regardless of what that takes. Like I said, duty to kith and kin are his last untarnished virtues, and vampires of other clans simply are not a part of that.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 10th Jan, 2017 - 3:56pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Skelepound Vampire Masquerade RPG Review - Page 2

There is always Nosferatu. They still have physical abilities but live by their wits. Tremere isn't ideal for your concept but you can make it work. You can go light on the physical characteristics and emphasize the mental. He was a soldier but was some sort of intellectual afterwards. Tremere are a fun clan to play. You can do terrible things with Thaumaturgy. .

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 10th Jan, 2017 - 4:00pm

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Skelepound Vampire Masquerade RPG Review Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

I think Nosferatu might be going a little far for a novice to the setting, and the possibility of him appearing as an estranged uncle to his human family from time to time was one I wanted to leave on the table.

Don't want to say too much before I get the details hashed out, but I do have a connection to and interest in the occult in mind, which is what I thought Tremere's principle recruitment centered around.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Skelepound Vampire: The Masquerade RPG Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,