Do Not Walk Across My Lawn

Do Walk Lawn - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 24th Feb, 2017 - 8:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Do you have the right to protect unfenced grounds outside? Was this a case of racism?
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2017 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Cop's argument with teens escalated to gunfire

An off-duty police officer who didn't want teens walking across his lawn in Anaheim fired his gun during a struggle with a 13-year-old boy and others. The incident ignited unruly protests Wednesday night after video of the fight surfaced and two boys were arrested. Ref. Source 1d.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2017 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lawn My Walk Do

Could have this been handled differently? Yes it could have. Something was said or done to cause the initial reactions and then it went bad from there. Did the officer have a right to defend himself when being attacked by a group? Would the common citizen have the right to defend themseves if attacked by a groupnof youths? I say the answer to both is yes they have a right to defend and protectthemseves and their property. The fact he fired into the ground as to not injure himself or any of the teens as a means to stop the attack should be commended. I think he could have said he feared for his life and would have been justified in shooting one or more of the teens. Then we would have a whole other problem.

24th Feb, 2017 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Do Not Walk Across My Lawn History & Civil Business Politics

My main concern with doing it this way is you just open yourself up as a target. If you don't like the kids passing through your lawn then do it in a round about way by complaining to the school, asking the police to pass by when they tend to pass by… things like that. Coming outside spells the kind of trouble that he now faces. His house is now marked and even if it was not a racial issue it now is because the teens were Latinos.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 28 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.8%

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2017 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lawn My Walk Do

Yes, I think he had a right to defend himself. I think as we learn more about the situation we'll find out if he was defending himself or overreacting. From what (Little) I've seen, this was him defending himself from a large group. I also think he used incredibly bad judgement by going out and letting the situation escalate. He's a police officer. Make a call to the local police, identify yourself, tell them you have an issue and then back off. All of that said, I wasn't there and I just don't know enough about this situation.

> TOPIC: Do Not Walk Across My Lawn

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,