Do Video Games Teach You About Life? - Page 2 of 3

Thomas, I agree that some of these games could - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 27th May, 2017 - 9:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 5th Mar, 2017 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Do Video Games Teach You About Life?
A Friend

Do Video Games Teach You About Life? - Page 2

Kyrroeth,

That is an excellent point! I think sometimes we forget that as we play just a few more minutes, or one more turn, or write just another post! wink.gif.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2017 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Life You Teach Games Video Do

What stop playing the games? But then I actually have to see people. Or see the sunlight. It is too bright *smile*

Yes getting kids and some adults nowadays to get off the games and try some of the things they have learned is interesting in itself.

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2017 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do Video Games Teach You About Life? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

The sunlight, oh it burns, it burns. Make it stop.

There was a time when I couldn't get my boy outside. That lasted about six months but he finally recovered! The only thing video games taught him is they could be addictive.

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2017 - 8:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Life You Teach Games Video Do

Sunlight… Not my thing! Moonlight though - I love. I'm not a fan of the heat, so going out while it's cooler is perfect for me. I've been on third shift for a while now, but just took another job in which I'll be switching to first shift. It just means I'll get to see my daughters even more than before! I love watching them play games and seeing the joy on their faces. All four of them are autistic, so we have used games to help teach them social skills.

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2017 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Life You Teach Games Video Do

I remember doing the third shift for many many years. I am on first shift now and thinking about retirement. I know when my sons and daughters were younger we would "Ground" them to outside. Meaning they had to get off the games and go outside for at least two hours before they could come back in to their games. I tell you that kind of helped break their addiction to the games. I think it helped them socialize from a game aspect because they met and talked to other kids about their games. Soon I always had a house full of kids playing games.

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2017 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

That's kind of how I got Zmy son to stop. I'd take him outside and we'd throw a ball around or something. Eventually he' got his friends to put the controllers down too.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th May, 2017 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Do Video Games Teach You Life - Page 2

It matters the game. Some I feel teaches the wrong lessons, or at least desensitizes those playing of violence, the seriousness of committing crimes, senseless killing, or simply being more of an asshole then you need to be.

Yet for others, they may not learn anything at all or even care much about the story as they are too focused on the competitive aspect and "Winning" the game. Not caring as much about who the characters are or what might be right or wrong.

Some games can teach you something, especially those that discourage such behavior above. One especially I could see teaching those who play is Undertale, given the paths that can be taken and the characters within.

Particularly if you decide to be a genocidal murderer in the game and kill everyone.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th May, 2017 - 9:30pm

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do Video Games Teach You Life Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

Thomas,

I agree that some of these games could desensitize us. I think that is why it's very important to watch what your kids are doing and don't let them do certain things until the are a certain age.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Do Video Games Teach You About Life?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,