What Is Necessary To Sustain Life

What Sustain Life - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 13th Jan, 2017 - 8:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

On other planets...
Post Date: 19th Aug, 2004 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Is there life on other Planets?

The following information has been taken from:
Ref. Source

international QUOTE
You will also find interesting topics from what to do to get a job at NASA to weightless movement.

When we ask about life in the universe, we have one point of reference: terrestrial life. Terrestrial life is entirely DNA based. But, when we search for life beyond Earth, we do not necessarily go looking for DNA-based life. We look for things that exhibit the common features of our life; that is, a self-organized, catalytic system capable of replication and evolution. Living systems require some discernible structure that maintains the integrity of the body plan while using energy and other materials from the environment to sustain it and to produce subsequent generations. One common indicator of life is that it changes its environment in ways that non-biological processes do not. In the search for life on other planets, scientists will look for disequilibria signatures, or chemicals in an environment that should not be there unless something biological was producing them.

Sponsored Links:
19th Aug, 2004 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Life Sustain Necessary What

With the kinds of extreme planets we have within our solar system it will be amazing if they do find life.

I have always considered a stronger gravity as a means to improved strength and agility. It is one of the topics referenced in the link above and it may have great health benefits, but I am sure it would be very expensive to recreate gravity on earth.

Post Date: 25th Mar, 2006 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

What Is Necessary To Sustain Life UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

8 Worlds Where Life Might Exist

Life requires a few basic ingredients: (1) raw materials, (2) a solvent (water being first choice), and (3) energy to drive it all. The first is probably not a problem on any rocky hunk of junk in the solar system. The handful of elements necessary for life is available just about everywhere. The latter two requirements are coupled, since energy is necessary to keep fluids liquefied. The outer realms of the solar system are cracking cold, and in these remote places the Sun's feeble rays are insufficient to keep water from freezing granite-hard. For that reason, researchers have usually opined that any solar system body skulking in the dark expanses beyond Mars" orbit will be in perpetual, frozen rictus.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060323/sc_...elifemightexist

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2016 - 9:35am / Post ID: #

CSIRO finds key to life in the universe

A MOLECULE identified by the Parkes Telescope some 26,000 light years away could steer astronomers towards intelligent life in the universe. Ref. Source 2x

Keywords: propylene oxide.

16th Jun, 2016 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

Telescopes can pick up molecules now? When did that happen? While I like to read these things at those great distances I take it with some apprehension that scientists are just making a theory based on a model because how many times have we experienced scientists retracting when they are able to see their project for real and it turns out to be similar or close to their theory but not as they said.

16th Jun, 2016 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

Alien, it is possible to detect molecules out in space. They are basically using 'background' radiation to detect changes. On Earth we have techniques using different wavelengths of light to interrogate molecules and confirm their existence. In space, these wavelengths occur naturally and by measuring some background radiation from near to the source of a 'strange' signal, we can then figure out what kind of molecule must have made that signal. Now when I saw molecule, I am not meaning a single molecule, I am meaning a type of substance. In order to detect it, there must be a significant amount present. So if you look at the article about CSIRO, you can see the propylene oxide was detected in a gas cloud. This means that propylene oxide must be a major constituent of that cloud and that it is shifting the wavelengths of background radiation differently than the surrounding 'nothingness' of space around it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Jun, 2016 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

What Necessary Sustain Life

I think I was looking at this wrong. I was thinking about the molecule itself rather than a great quantity which would make up an element. rolleyes.gif Makes sense now thanks. I still feel there are other kinds of life out there than just what the scientists say is necessary. There was that life form found in a lake not too long ago that didn't require one of the elements that scientists say is necessary for life and it actually lived in acid. Therefore there might be other elements not yet discovered that can create another kind of life or existence on a plane of existence that we don't know about.

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2017 - 8:38am / Post ID: #

What Necessary Sustain Life Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Looking for life in all the right places, with the right tool

Researchers have invented a range of instruments from giant telescopes to rovers to search for life in outer space, but so far, these efforts have yielded no definitive evidence that it exists beyond Earth. Now scientists have developed a new tool that can look for signs of life with 10,000 times more sensitivity than instruments carried on previous spaceflight missions. Ref. Source 8v.

> TOPIC: What Is Necessary To Sustain Life

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,