Government: Left vs Right

Government Left Right - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Feb, 2017 - 6:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Right and Left governments
Post Date: 18th Jan, 2017 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

A Guide to Basic Differences Between Left and Right

Source of Human Rights Left: government Right: the Creator Human Nature Left: basically good (Therefore, society is primarily responsible for evil.) Right: not basically good (Therefore, the individual is primarily responsible for evil.) Economic Goal Left: equality Right: prosperity Primary Role of the State Left: increase and protect equality Right: increase and protect liberty Government Left: as large as possible Right: as small as possible Family Ideal Left: any loving unit of people Right: a married father and mother, and children Guiding Trinity Left: race, gender and class Right:... Ref. Source 5i.

Sponsored Links:
18th Jan, 2017 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Right Left Government

I like how the differences between left and right are listed in the article although some of the definitions are debatable its the first time I am seeing the layout like this.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 25 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.5%

19th Jan, 2017 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

Government: Left vs Right History & Civil Business Politics

I think showing it as a one or the other kind of option is too polarizing. I strongly oppose many things that Republicans (Right) stand for in America, but I would not consider myself a Democrat (Left, or Liberal). I would consider myself a moderate. There are things that each side does well and there are things that need to change. Having such polarizing views is actually crippling our country. Congress has not been able to get anything done these last 2 years at least (And 4 years in reality) because neither side is willing to work with the other. We are so caught up in belonging to one political party that we miss what is truly best for the average citizen (Or just our neighbor). I think the only hope of "Making America great again" is to stop being so polarizing and stop hating what doesn't match with you and start looking at things from both sides. I think we have to be willing to admit that even though someone has opposite views from us, they may make one or two valid points. We should be willing to change our point of view if there is good reason to do so. Sticking to 'values' just because it is tradition gets us nowhere. We need to change and adapt with the times, but that doesn't mean we have to throw out everything and start over again either. The affordable healthcare act is not perfect, but it has some good points to it. We should focus on changing it rather than abolishing it completely and starting over. Sometimes things are broken and need to be scrapped, but sometimes they have salvageable points and need to just be tweaked.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 21 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.1%

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2017 - 5:21am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Right Left Government

Note to the Left: Four Years Ago, Conservatives Were Just as Depressed

Here’s a news flash for Democrats and other Americans on the left: Four years ago, when Barack Obama was re-elected president, conservatives were just as depressed as you are now that Hillary Clinton lost and Donald Trump won. I describe this as news because this undoubtedly surprises many of you. You probably never gave a moment’s thought to how depressed conservatives were in 2012. (Why would you? Unlike you, we shun hysteria.) But believe me — we were. Many of us believed that President Obama was doing great damage to America. Ref. Source 1r.

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2017 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Right Left Government

This is a great way to look at things although I disagree with a few of the characterizations on both the left and right. Here is the crux of the matter though, the truth lies somewhere in the middle for each of these. Also, unlike our current batch of politicians and many activists, I don't see those who don't agree with me as morally evil or stupid. I see them as people with a different point of view, and that is okay. There are usually many ways to solve a problem. The issue of today is the intolerance that has insidiously crept into our society. Many people now attribute the worst motives to those with whom they disagree, which is bad for society and impossible for compromise.

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2017 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I see the same thing Abnninja. Facebook is just littered with this. I've had to unfollow so many people. The hatred is getting old. I'm a democrat but I'm not fascist. I believe in letting everyone speak their opinions. Just because someone disagrees with me politically doesn't make them a bad person. Many people believe that now though. I'm not going to call someone bigot etc because they disagree. That just shuts down dialogue. The hatred comes from both sides. Currently it seems to be coming from the left more.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 15th Feb, 2017 - 5:44pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Feb, 2017 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Government Left Right

Yes, I've seen the open dialogue on this site and I love it. We can have a civil discussion about differing points of view and actually explain why we think what we think. This actually leads to something scary… empathy. More incredibly, it leads to knowledge. I wish the left and the right could learn, or perhaps re-learn this.

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2017 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Government Left Right Politics Business Civil & History

Yes I agree I am a independent to it all I do not even belong to the independent party. I feel that there is too much of the politicians voting just straight down party lines. That is not doing anyone any good as we have seen of late. I find it refreshing to be able to talk to people of different opinions to help gain more knowledge on what they think and how they feel. I know that many people are afraid to say they voted for Mr. Trump because they see others standing up for him just to be attacked and beaten. This is not the America I fought for.

Yes it is very nice to be a member of this sight and have open discussions without others getting mad. I enjoy that a lot.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Government: Left vs Right

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,