Oscars 2017

Oscars 2017 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 27th Feb, 2017 - 2:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 25th Jan, 2017 - 10:22am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Oscars 2017

Aussies score big in Oscar noms

MEL Gibson and Nicole Kidman led the Aussie charge as this year's Oscar nominations were announced. Ref. Source 2s.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jan, 2017 - 11:25am / Post ID: #

Oscars

The Oscars will be broadcast on February 26.

Major 2017 Academy Award nominations

Best Picture

Arrival

Fences

Hacksaw Ridge

Hell or High Water

Hidden Figures

La La Land

Lion

Manchester By the Sea

Moonlight

Best Director

Denis Villeneuve (Arrival)

Mel Gibson (Hacksaw Ridge)

Damien Chazelle (La La Land)

Kenneth Lonergan (Manchester by the Sea)

Barry Jenkins (Moonlight)

Best Actor

Casey Affleck (Manchester by the Sea)

Andrew Garfield (Hacksaw Ridge)

Ryan Gosling (La La Land)

Viggo Mortensen (Captain Fantastic)

Denzel Washington (Fences)

Best Actress

Isabelle Huppert (Elle)

Ruth Negga (Loving)

Emma Stone (La La Land)

Natalie Portman (Jackie)

Meryl Streep (Florence Foster Jenkins)

Best Supporting Actor

Mahershala Ali (Moonlight)

Jeff Bridges (Hell or High Water)

Lucas Hedges (Manchester by the Sea)

Dev Patel (Lion)

Michael Shannon (Nocturnal Animals)

Best Supporting Actress

Viola Davis (Fences)

Naomie Harris (Moonlight)

Nicole Kidman (Lion)

Octavia Spencer (Hidden Figures)

Michelle Williams (Manchester by the Sea)

Best Adapted Screenplay

Arrival (Eric Heisserer)

Fences (August Wilson)

Hidden Figures (Allison Schroeder, Theodore Melfi)

Lion (Luke Davies)

Moonlight (Barry Jenkins, Tarell Alvin McRaney)

Best Cinematography

Arrival (Bradford Young)

La La Land (Linus Sandgren)

Lion (Grieg Fraser)

Moonlight (James Laxton)

Silence (Rodrigo Prieto)

Best Foreign Language Film

Land of Mine, Denmark, Martin Zandvliet, director

A Man Called Ove, Sweden, Hannes Holm, director

The Salesman, Iran, Asghar Farhadi, director

Tanna, Australia, Bentley Dean, Martin Butler, directors

Toni Erdmann, Germany, Maren Ade, director.

27th Feb, 2017 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

Oscars 2017 Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I'm watching the Oscars and as expected they are hitting Trump left and right. Its good humor though I've been having some good laughs.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Oscars 2017
A Friend

Oscars

I stopped watching the Oscars years ago. They are entirely too political for my taste.

First, why would I care what these people think or say. They are so insulated they have no idea what regular people think, need, or want. They live in their protected shells, consume ridiculous amounts of resources, and then pontificate how we regular folk shouldn't consume so much.

Second, what special education do these people have? Fame doesn't make them smart not educated on any particular subject. Nor does playing a soldier or politician or scientist on television make them so. They are just people with enormous egos. I think I'll continue watching Battle of the Five Armies, its more entertaining and more real… at least to me.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

Oscars

Global accounting firm PriceWaterhouseCoopers has apologized for the embarrassing envelope mix-up that resulted in "La La Land" being wrongly announced as best picture at the Oscars. Ref. CNN.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Oscars 2017

An unprecedented mix-up at the 89th Academy Awards sewed confusion when presenters incorrectly announced “La La Land” as the winner for best picture.

After a few moments, one of the “La La Land” winners announced that “Moonlight” had in fact won the award.

Presenter Warren Beatty said that he had opened the envelope to find a card that read, "Emma Stone and La La Land," leading him to pause in confusion. "I wasn't trying to be funny," he said. Faye Dunaway then looked over and read "La La Land" off the card.

"Moonlight" director Barry Jenkins took the stage in stunned amazement.

It was quite the Hollywood ending for Jenkins and his moving coming-of-age drama about a young, gay black man in a rough Miami neighborhood. Ref. CNN.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Oscars 2017
A Friend

Oscars 2017

What an awkward moment with the wrong movie being announced for best picture winner. Ouch. I wish they would avoid the politics. I can't watch anything anymore that politics are not brought into it. There is more to life than politics.

27th Feb, 2017 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

Oscars 2017 Movies Music Fashion & Sports

The Oscars were going so well before that last part that just put a damper on everything else. Remember when something similar happened at a former Oscars ceremony with Steve Harvey.

I enjoyed the new surprises like the floating treats, and having the tour guide guests enter unexpectedly. It left a lot of room for error and problems but it did not happen until the end.

Abnninja, when I watch the Oscars I like the jokes. Actors are artists, I think people forget that. There is nothing wrong with being successful or rich and voicing your opinion too - that's what artists do.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Oscars 2017

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,